Chapter 35

Idol Life : SNSD's Tenth Member

 

Watched: iZombie

 

      September 5th, 2011

September 5th, 2011


 

Due to the growing rift between Taeyeon and Jessica the uncomfortable tension in the Girls' Generation dorm was growing even more awkward by the day.

The break in their relationship was actually getting in between other members as well, it seemed that everyone was subtly (or unsubtly in Hyoyeon's case) picking a side on who they believe is in the right.

Even just two weeks ago there was a huge argument between Hyoyeon and Taeyeon that the members had to get in between in fear of fists being thrown. After that, smaller fights have been sprinkled throughout the members. Sunny and Hyoyeon. Taeyeon and Sooyoung. Jessica and Yuri.

Not to mention Sunny nearly had a heart attack on stage a month ago.

Echo found herself awkwardly standing on the sidelines, watching her members fighting with each other. She refused to pick sides, but it was becoming harder not to feel for one side over the other. Especially when she tries to approach whoever's hurt just ends up pushing her away.

"SHE HASN'T BEEN HOME FOR OVER FOUR DAYS BECAUSE OF YOU!" Hyoyeon screeched at an impossibly high volume towards their leader. The duo were standing in the living room, the rest of the members watching with wide eyes. "WHAT THE KIND OF LEADER THINKS THAT'S OKAY?!"

Taeyeon's eyes flashed with pure anger, she felt herself letting out a lot of pent up emotion in that moment. " SHE'S NOT ACTING LIKE A PROPER MEMBER SO I SAID SOMETHING ABOUT IT!"

"IF ANYONE ISN'T A PROPER MEMBER HERE, IT'S YOU!" Hyoyeon spat, jabbing her pointer in her direction.

"How DARE you! I'm looking out for this group! What the has she done?!" Taeyeon growled, taking a step towards the dancers direction.

"She's done more than you! She doesn’t mope around stage like you and actually gets us fans!"

"Funny, you're the one saying that."

Hyoyeon's eyes flashed. "And what does that mean?"

"Because you cause us to lose fans."

The dancer charged towards Taeyeon, fingers positioned like claws. When the members heard Taeyeon scream they immediately moved in, trying to pry the two off of each other.

That was definitely not how anyone saw that night ending.

Theirs was the biggest fight so far, the rest being smaller and just yelling matches without any lunging at the others throat.

And then a week ago Sooyoung was in a car accident, resulting in her having to be pulled out of any activities until further notice.

"What do you mean there was an accident?" Hajoon's voice boomed into the cell phones speaker.

The girls without schedules that day were in their dance studio, practicing and chatting. They immediately froze at the word 'accident'.

"What hospital is she at?" his face started growing red. "Whose with her? Is she conscious?"

A pause.

"I don't care how much blood there was, how is she?"

The members shared horrified looks.

"…And that is?" their managers face pinched in pain at whatever the person on the other line said. "Is she allowed visitors right now?" Another pause. "Okay, I'll be there as soon as possible."

Hajoon, with a deep sigh, stuffed his phone back in his pocket. Looking up he met the members eyes. "Sooyoung was in a car accident an hour ago."

All at once, they all began throwing questions at him, their hearts dropping.

Their manager held his hand up to stop their questions. "She's alright, just in pain. She fractured her sacrum vertebrae. They said it's too early to tell us when she'll be better but I was assured that it's something that only takes a few weeks to heal."

"Can we visit her?" Tiffany was the first to ask, some members mumbling their agreements.

"Not yet," he frowned. "I'm going to go and hopefully get there before any representative does so you girls will have to stay here and I'll be back in a few hours."

Outbursts from the girls erupted, which Hajoon quickly shot down."Only immediate family can see her right now, but I'll let you girls know any updates." Without another word the man was out the door.

"How can he just tell us that Sooyoung was in an accident and not let us see her?!" Hyoyeon yelled, arms crossed.

"Technically we're her sisters, we should get to see her," Yoona pointed out, irritation on her usually calm face. "Did he say she was stable?"

A roar of questions, confusion and anger swept throughout the studio.

Echo was still numb with the thought that one of her members, Sooyoung, was in an accident and currently in the hospital. What did their manager say she fractured? A vertebra? As in her spine?

"Echo."

Shocked, she looked up at the mention of her name. She saw a confused Tiffany staring at her.

"Echo."

Her brows furrowed in confusion, wait this didn't happen…

"Echo!"

Her eyes snapped open. She looked towards the driver's seat to see an irritated Tiffany. "What on earth have you been thinking about?"

"Just the past few weeks…" she mumbled, placing her elbow on the cars armrest and resting her cheek on her hand.

"It's been messy," the elder member admitted. "But it'll get better. We have a strong bond."

"But, what if the day comes when it's severed? You've seen Taeyeon and Jessica, they haven't even glanced at each other since their huge argument in Japan."

"That's something only they can deal with, I wish everyone stopped arguing over it and making it a bigger thing than it really is," Tiffany admitted, her eyes firmly on the road ahead of her. "Let's think more positive, how was shooting today?"

Within that messy few weeks Echo had been working on a new drama. Today was the first shooting day for Flower Boy Ramen Shop. Echo wasn't too crazy about the drama, but she was relived once more when she discovered everyone on set was very kind to her. And she was excited for Sones to see her on another drama, knowing how much they've been talking about her future roles on forums of all languages.

"It was nice, I couldn't touch any of the junk they call food though," she rolled her eyes.

Tiffany chuckled. "Then it's a good thing I let you pick where we're going for dinner!"

In celebration of their second Asian tour, the label gave the members tonight off and the day after tomorrow off to do what they will. After shooting was finished the two best friends visited Sooyoung, who is now resting comfortably at home, for a few hours and decided to go out for a delicious dinner.

"I'm so excited for food~" the younger girl sang, causing the two to laugh. "Seriously, I'm so freaking hungry."

"Should we get three orders of meat?" Tiffany grinned, momentarily taking her eyes off the road to send her best friend an eye smile.

Before Echo could answer, her eyes were clouded in a bright light, the sound of metal hitting metal met her ears.

Echo threw her arm against the door in an effort to protect herself, her head bashing against the glass window. She didn't realize it, but she was screaming.

It was mere seconds of pure terror.

When the car skidded to a stop yards away, her head rolled onto her shoulder, her dark eyes barely opening. Her body was numb, her head was numb, her sight was blurring more by the second and there was a strange ringing in her ears.

Were they just in an accident?

"Allison!"

Was someone calling her name?

"Omigod, Allison. Alli?"

Who would be calling her name?

"Please, Allison!"

She blinked, her eyes barely opening. All she saw was a woman's blurred face.

"Mom?"

Then nothing.

 

I wish Echo was on more variety by herself, it's hard being her fan.

Is SM ever going to put Echo in a new drama?

All I wish for is more Echo on my television!



Wow, writing that was really difficult.