Chapter 34

Idol Life : SNSD's Tenth Member

 

Watched: Ghost Whisperer

 

      July 18th, 2011

July 18th, 2011


 

"CONGRATULATIONS!"

The members and staff cheered, clinking their shot glasses together before singly gulping them down.

To celebrate their successful first Japanese tour the company rented out an entire Korean barbeque restaurant (they went straight to the restaurant from the airport).

Multiple tables were pushed together to create an exaggerated table, however four people fit at one of the single tables, so at Echo's was Tiffany, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon with the rest of the members down the line. Due to the simple fact that even though Echo was the youngest and should be the one grilling the meat, she burns everything so the duty fell onto Sooyoung.

Echo shot a look at Taeyeon and Jessica, before looking back at the three members closest to her. She lowly questioned, "What's going on with Taeyeon and Jessica? They've been arguing like crazy lately."

The three shared looks before Hyoyeon, just as lowly, answered, "They've been like this for over a year."

"What?!"

The three swiftly hushed the singer, who blushed at the attention she received from a few turning heads.

The singer hastily lowered her voice, "I haven't noticed that though?"

"You had a lot on your mind," Tiffany gently responded.

Echo sat back in her seat at the words, realizing that a lot was happening around her when she was in her mild depression surrounding her mother's passing. But, she hadn't even noticed two of her members growing wildly apart? Somehow she doubts that she would have missed it, but another part of her was sad that she's been ignoring her other members for so long. Since then she's been trying to burst herself out of her bubble but sometimes she feels herself being pulled back in.

"Did they have any other huge fights?"

Thinking back, the idol wouldn't be shocked if there were massive fights between the two at the dorm since she's been so busy with her solo activities the past year and would typically go straight to bed due to exhaustion.

"Not as big as the one in Japan," Sooyoung kept her voice low. "I think that's the first time Sica cried too."

Echo nodded, realizing how hurt Jessica must be now. The fan dubbed 'Ice Princess' rarely cried, and when she does you know she took a knife to the heart. The red head scrunched up her eyebrows in thought. Now that she thought of it, it seemed as if Taeyeon was flying solo lately within the group. She barely talked to anyone and when they were all at the dorm she usually went straight to bed.

A rift was being made within the Girls' Generation household, and Echo didn't like it. They need to be a team, a family. They need to be there for each other when they were going through difficult times because they are the only people that will fully understand the other.

All ten members need each other.

Dark eyes bore into the faces of her members, a new fierce determination set in her mind.

 

      July 23rd, 2011

July 23rd, 2011


 

Behind the stage was pure chaos.

Staff and idol members were running left and right to make sure everything for their first performance of their second tour was perfect.

They were due on stage in less than thirty minutes and they could already hear the fans filling into their seats on the other side of the stage.

The girls were excited and nervous at the same time, happy to finally be holding a concert back in their motherland.

They were enjoying the peak of their careers, and they would do everything in their power to hold on to that for as long as they can. They were trying to soak up everything as much as possible, to remember these moments in the future, trying not to worry about how much longer this may last.

"JUST STOP IT!"

The chaos froze.

Everyone looked around, trying to find the source of the screaming.

"I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THIS!"

Echo's eyes widened in horror when she realized it was Jessica screaming. She rushed past the still frozen staff members, abruptly stopping when she stumbled upon the makeshift dressing area that Jessica and Taeyeon were currently squaring off in.

There was a yard in between them, Jessica's shoulders were squared, she was leaning forward and her hands were balled into tight fists at her sides. Taeyeon on the other hand looked as docile as ever. Her eyes were wide, her hands limp and her shoulders slumped.

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TREAT ME THIS WAY! I'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG!"

Around them Echo could hear some of the staff unfreeze themselves, mumbling to themselves.

"YOU CAN'T JUST PUSH PEOPLE AWAY AND EXPECT EVERYTHING TO BE ALRIGHT! THAT'S NOT HOW THE WORLD WORKS TAEYEON! CAN YOU EVEN SPEAK?"

As Jessica screamed, Taeyeon simply took it. She didn't respond verbally or physically, she was just as visibly frozen as the rest of the staff.

If possible, Jessica seemed to grow angrier with her nonresponsive attitude, her face glowing red through the heavy makeup.

"Well, you won’t have to deal with me anymore, because as soon as I can I'm moving the out of the dorm."

Jessica proceeded to stomp off in a random direction, all the staff was unfrozen and immediately going back to working on their concert that was now beginning in twenty minutes, the members spoke in hushed whispers, and Taeyeon simply stood there, not moving.

Echo shared a few looks with her members, slowly walking up to their leader.

"Unnie," Echo visibly hesitated, lifting a hand to pat her back but stopping midair. "Are you okay?"

Taeyeon's impassive face melted into a warm smile. "I'm fine."

Echo's eyes betrayed her feelings, she stepped forward only for Taeyeon to step back. "We should focus on the concert, right? Have you been warming up your voice?" the shorter girls voice cracked a little at the end, giving away her inner feelings, but her eyes remained strong.

"Y-yeah."

"Good," Taeyeon pat her arm, brushing past her.

Echo turned, her eyes watching the retreating back of her friend.

 

Has anyone noticed the worried looks Echo kept sending to Taeyeon during the concert?

Echo and Tiffany have the best stage~~

I want Echo on another drama soon, I miss her acting TT.TT



I was actually torn between writing about Jessica and Taeyeon's 'argument' due to the simple fact that the two never addressed it so who knows what really happened if anything happened at all. But, when I thought more on it and did a little research I feel like they really did have a HUGE fight that ruined whatever friendship they had. It probably was at the dorm and not twenty minutes before their concert though haha.

P.S. When the hell did I get 24 upvotes? You guys are beautiful, thank you!! <3