Chapter 22

Idol Life : SNSD's Tenth Member

 

Watched: We Got Married

 

      February 1st, 2010

February 1st, 2010


 

 

 

"The most important part of adlibbing is being the character. You don't just want to be funny or stand out, you want to do something the character would do," Mr. Cho explained, Echo's acting teacher.

"But isn't the point of adlibbing to stick out?" the idol questioned, confused. "You want to add something to the script on the spot, so isn't it taking the role into your own hands?"

The man shook his head. "That's a very small part of it, not many directors are fond of adlibbing, after all you are changing the script. So if you do it, you have to be sure it will make it to the final cut, it has to match the character and the scene."

"Ajik mollado dwil ge neomuna namjyeo-"

Echo blushed at her phones ringer going off, she took it from her pocket, looking at the number.

"I-I'm really sorry I have to get this," she swiftly left the room, standing in the hallway and bringing the phone to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Is this Jung Allison?" a gruff male voice asked over the phone.

"Yes, it is. Whose this?"

"Your sister, Jung Arianna is currently in the principal's office. Please come immediately," without another word the phone clicked off.

What the hell did she do now?

Echo apologized to her acting teacher, and told him that she had to go to her sisters school. Since she didn't have a license, and no car, she ended up taking public transportation for the first time in years. She had to watch the old man's actions in front of her to figure out how to use the bus.

Out of sheer nervousness she positioned the hat atop her head downwards, triple checking the loops on her surgical mask were still wrapped securely around her ears.

As she made her way through the high school's hallways the idol wondered what on earth her sister had to do in order to not only land herself in the principal's office, but have the principal call her guardian.

Her brown eyes caught the plaque on the door saying 'Principal's Office' and pushed the door open. She peeked around the room, it was actually relatively small, with another door way towards the right side of the far wall.

"Excuse me young lady, if you need to talk to the principal you have to wait," a pudgy older woman spoke up from behind a small desk towards the left of the room.

"I'm Jung Allison, Jung Arianna's guardian."

The woman looked surprised at Allison's words.

"But you're so young?" she bluntly stated.

"I'm her sister," Allison's eyes narrowed. "Our mother passed not too long ago, I'm her legal guardian."

"Oh," the woman still looked taken aback, waving her towards the door to the side of her.

Going through the final door, Echo's eyes fastened to the back of her sisters head. In front of her sister sat the balding principal, a deep frown marred his face.

"Ah, Jung-ssi. Please, sit down."

Echo couldn't help but feel like she was the one in trouble as she sat in the only other open chair next to her sister. Her eyes peeked towards her siblings face, but it was blank and gave nothing away.

"What happened?"

The man took a deep breath. "It seems your sister hasn't been taking her school work seriously, acting out in class, not doing her homework, not doing any class work and disrupting the teaching environment. Not to mention she rarely even attends anymore."

"How has she been 'acting out'?" she questioned.

"The teacher says that she's been sleeping in class, calling out without raising her hand, randomly leaving the room without a word and even cursing at one of her classmates."

The idol whirled her head around to give her sibling a hard look. "Is this true?"

Arianna didn't respond, her eyes were heavily guarded, but her chin was still upwards.

"Did the classmate say anything?"

The principal visibly hesitated, looking conflicted. "No… she hasn't."

"So," she slowly spoke, "this is all just the teachers words?"

"…Correct. But she's one of our finest teachers. I want you to know that Arianna needs to be contained, perhaps you doing something will get through her head. We're very close to dismissing her."

"Dismissing her? Seriously? Just over the words of her teacher? Did you even speak to her classmates?"

"We don't find the need to do that," he held his head up high.

"So you're taking one persons word for truth? Did you even listen to Arianna?"

"Jung-ssi, I hope you know that your sister has been nothing but trouble since she joined that group. Fix her attitude, or else."

Without another word, Echo harshly grabbed her sister's elbow and yanked her out of the office and through the long hallway.

"Tell me and be honest, have you been doing anything disruptive in class?" Echo didn't bother looking at her sister, but still held tightly onto her elbow.

Ari tried fruitlessly to pull it away, only to give up within seconds. "I did nothing wrong. The teacher has just been a to me ever since I joined f(x)."

"Arianna, the semester is almost over, just… just stay on the down low okay? You're an idol now and you need to act like it," the elder idols shoulders slumped, she was tired, and she wasn’t really good at the whole parenting thing.

"I've been!" she yelled. "This stupid just thinks she can do whatever she wants just because she's my teacher!"

"Omigod, and please tell me what she's done," Echo rolled her eyes, pushing open the front doors of the school.

"She always calls on me in class, even when I don't have my hand raised, she's making all my tests and quizzes as failed grades, throws erasers at my head when I try to sleep in class - even though plenty other students sleep and she doesn't even react! And to top it all off she's been giving every little excuse to give me lunch detention for the past month!"

Echo stopped walking, blinking. The main problem with believing her sister is she's simply a drama queen, but that still meant something of her accusations had to be true. With a sigh she turned until she was face-to-face with her sister. "Tell me the truth, did any of the things the principle tell me actually happen?"

"Other than sleeping in class - no."

Neither spoke for a few moments as Echo took in her sisters facial features. She didn't even have her typical 'I'm better than you so my imaginary ' aura.

"Fine, I believe you. I can try to have a conference with your teach-"

"No! Absolutely not!" Ari widely waved her free arm in the air. "She's insane and will just make you want to punch her ugly face in so you can break her nose and she can get the nose job she desperately needs!"

She blinked, giving her sister a weird look. Shaking her head, the elder girl led her sister to the sidewalk, raising an eyebrow at a familiar van waiting on the curb.

"Oh, yeah, I called the SHINee manager to give us a ride back to the office. I know you didn't ask any of your managers and I refuse to take public transportation."

"Why would you do that?" Echo whirled around, facing her sister. "He has places to go you know."

"No, they were coming this way anyway, I just asked for a favor. Why," Ari questioned, a mischievous glint in her eye, "is that a problem?"

The elder idol bit the inside of her cheek. "No. Not at all."

"If you say so," Ari was the one who pulled the vans sliding door open, hopping in first.

Echo mentally cursed her sisters actions before following. Of course, the only open seat in the van was in the very back between Taemin and Jonghyun. Great.

In front of her sat a happily chatting Key and Ari, and a dozing off Minho. Onew was sitting in the front passenger seat.

"How do you like your latest single?" Jonghyun casually asked, eyes firmly on the window.

"It's fun," Echo responded, playing with her fingers in her lap.

It was happening again.

The hole in her chest was back. It was the same exact feeling she used to get constantly back when she was in an argument with her members. She thought it would go away after they made up, but it hasn’t. It only shows up when she feels stressed or alone. If she kept herself occupied, she was fine. But if her mind decided on other matters…

"How are you feeling?"

The girl was popped out of her bubble, sending her boyfriend a surprised look. "I'm… fine."

"Your eyes don't say that, and neither do your nonexistent text messages."

"Jonghyun-ah, I really don't want to talk about this," Echo shifted her eyes towards the other occupants in the van, "right now."

"So when's a better time?" his head whirled, facing the female idol. "Because it really seems like you've been avoiding me."

Echo took a deep breath, slow anger creeping into the hole in her chest. "I apologize for being an idol with a busy schedule."

"But you're not too busy to respond to Goo Hara or even Jang Yonghwa?"

The SNSD member adjusted herself in her seat so her upper body fully faced the boy. "Are you seriously bringing this back to Yonghwa?"

"Yes, when my girlfriend decides she rather spend her time texting away at another man!"

"He doesn't even have a phone right now because of promotions!" Echo growled, eyes dangerously narrowing. "Besides, at least he answers my texts in a timely manner instead of leaving me hanging some nights!"

"I have a tight schedule!" Jonghyun fought back.

"And I'm a Girls' Generation member! This time right now IS my free time! I should be in my acting class right now but I had to pick up this idiot," she jabbed her thumb behind her, pointing to an amused Ari. "I barely have time to breath never mind sleep!"

"Maybe we should take a break," Jonghyun spoke in a soft voice, his eyes showing inner conflict.

"Maybe we should," Echo responded, with the same tone.

The rest of the car ride was awkwardly silent. Even the previously chattering Key and Arianna stayed silent. No one dared to speak, even when they arrived at the SM building. Everyone silently exited the van, going their own ways once they reached the glass doors.

When Echo and Arianna had to part ways the elder turned to the younger saying, "I have my acting class to return to so I'm going to check on you in thirty minutes. If you're not practicing something related to your group bettering themselves, you'll regret it."

With a twist of the heel Echo climbed the staircase, her sister staring at her retreating form.

 

Echo hopped into the familiar SNSD van, mentally ready for the recording.

She self consciously pulled down the high cut hem of her shirt, the green performance shirt did little to hide her midriff to her irritation.

"Are you ready to met your new husband?" Echo smirked at the youngest SNSD member.

"I'm nervous," she, honestly, responded.

"Are you at least excited?"

"Yes, I am unnie."

"What have I told you about calling me unnie?" Echo chided.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "She won't stop at this point. She's too formal to not call you unnie."

Soon, the red light flickered on, indicating they were being recorded.

Seohyun happily chomped on a banana, Taeyeon was finishing her sandwich and Echo heavily leaned on the leaders shoulder for a much needed nap. It was nine at night and she's been up since the wee hours of the day.

"Unnie, now that I'm twenty, do you expect something new from me?" Seohyun asked the two older girls.

"From you?" they simultaneously questioned.

"Yes. Like, 'I want you to change in certain ways. Or try doing certain things. I want you to stop doing certain things.'," Seohyun further explained.

"I want you to find someone who will make you very happy," Echo admitted, head still leaning on Taeyeon's thin shoulder, her hand resting on the elders knee.

The maknae nodded in sincere thought. "Then… What if… What would you say to me if I were to have a boyfriend, unnie?"

Echo smirked, Taeyeon barely reacting.

"You can't imagine that right?"

"We always joke about things like that," Echo pointed out. "So I can't tell when you're actually being serious."

"Yeah that's why. I have a boyfriend now," Seohyun dropped the bomb.

Echo scoffed while Taeyeon let out a nasally 'Ha!'.

"Truly!" Seohyun exclaimed. "I'm serious, I'm not kidding."

"Does your mother know?" the leader questioned, her full attention now on the maknae.

"I'm telling you about it first…" she slowly admitted. "Um…"

"What?"

"I'm going to get married."

Echo burst into laughter. Taeyeon started singing 'Here Comes The Bride'.

"Unnie, I'm serious," the youngest pushed at Taeyeon's shoulder, frowning. "I'm really going to get married."

"I sincerely pray for your future husbands sanity," Echo joked, but keeping a sincere look on her face.

"Are you going to be cast on that show?" Taeyeon questioned, her tone light.

"Yeah."

Both girls laughed.

"Really?"

"Yes."

Taeyeon exclaimed a dumbfounded 'hul' to the others amusement.

"A moment ago, you guys joked about how I should get a boyfriend, right?" Seohyun piped up. "But I think I need experience."

"Do you really think you can do it?" Echo questioned, worried.

"I'm not sure."

"For me…" Taeyeon trailed off, arms crossed. "If you end up married to a really handsome husband… As a member I'll congratulate you. But to the WGM staff I'm going to be like 'What about me?!'."

Echo snorted, sticking her pointer between her teeth to try to stop laughing.

"You were surprised, right?" Seohyun questioned.

Taeyeon took the lead to ask, "You felt the pressure, right?"

"Yes. I still feel the pressure," she admitted. "I wanted to receive advice."

"So she wasn't joking before," Taeyeon nodded.

"I think our first meeting is going to be really awkward," she frowned. "What can I do so that it's not awkward?"

"Look into each other's eyes."

"Seriously?" Echo gave the leader an incredulous look. "Just be who you are. Try and be comfortable being yourself, because if you try to be someone else you'll never feel comfortable." Her own memories of her and Jonghyun's relationship flashed in the forefront of her mind.

"Also… what can I find out about his personality?"

"Watch how he eats an apple," Echo pointed out. Taeyeon pushed the younger member, laughing. "Watch the general way he eats."

Seohyun excitedly clapped, writing something down on the open notebook on her lap.

"When are you going to see him?" Taeyeon asked.

"Some time later."

"Even though it's late?"

"Yeah."

The two older members shared a look. "Isn't that a bit…?"

"You can't forget about how you feel," Taeyeon pointed out. "Why don't you call me?"

"If you like him…" Echo trailed off in thought. "If you like him say the name of your favorite food, sweet potato."

"'Sweet potato'? How can I do that?!"

"Do it like this: 'Hello… Sweet Potato…'" Taeyeon chuckled, only being half serious. "But if you're disappointed say 'Hello… Hamburger…'."

Those watching didn't realize it, but the van actually brought the two elder members back to the dorm.

Taeyeon and Echo expressed their best wishes to the youngest member before entering their new apartment building.

 

 

Why is Echo's number 13? Isn't that unlucky for her since she's American?

Did anyone else notice Taeyeon, Tiffany and Echo all got the same new piercing? So CUTE~!

Taeyeon and Echo are really adorable together!!



 

I will fully look over later for any errors, have no time right now.