Chapter 18

Idol Life : SNSD's Tenth Member

 

Watched: American Horror Story:Coven

 

      October 26th, 2009

October 26th, 2009


 

 

 

"I'm really so excited oppa!" Echo squealed to the person on the other side of the phone. "We're recording four different CF's today, so it's gonna be intense."

"I'm sure you'll do great," the man on the other end said. "Just be confident and remember to smile."

"Thank you, oppa. Oh! We just arrived, I'll call you later to know how it goes!" the idol ended the call and the phone into her back pocket.

"Echo-ah, you have to get your makeup done," Jiwook called out, busily typing away on his phone.

After the hour and a half it took to get her makeup done and prepared clothes on, Echo was standing in front of the camera on a small bedroom set, the phone for the CF in hand. She was awkwardly sitting on the bed, watching the director and writer (at least that's who she thinks it is) complain about something regarding the script. Why they couldn't have done this before the idol was ready to shoot, she has no idea.

It seemed like an - extremely awkward - eternity until the two men came to an agreement and the delayed shooting could begin.

Echo would be a liar if she said she felt totally comfortable throughout the entire filming. Thanks to combination of her Girls' Generation status and the terrifying SM Entertainment backing her up, she was free from being over ualized without her companies direct agreement.

But, that didn't seem to stop the director from trying at every chance he could get. First, he wanted her to be leaning forward against the pure white bureau, and pushing her body into a perfect S-line, looking in the mirror directly in front of her while the male actor roved the clear keypad of the cell phone down her backside. Then he wanted her to lay on the bed with her front against the blankets and the male actor to still rove the phone's clear keypad down her body. He was very adamant on showing her body through the keypad in a handful of other attempts as well.

 Jiwook ended up jumping in so many times to intervene the idol lost count.

An LG company representative ended up showing up halfway through, his scolding being the final one for the director to finally give up. The representative watched the entire filming like a hawk, his perfectly pressed black suit and slicked back hair was intimidating.

The final CF's ended up being on the cute and flirty side, which Echo was much more comfortable with. On one the male focused (the clear keypad) on her lips and faced, stating how adorable she was, on the second he focused on her smile as he said simple flirty lines and the next two were of Echo taking selcas while talking to the male actor with different lines but the same background.

It felt like forever. But finally, the shooting was finished. Jiwook was red faced as the two finally left the building and Echo heard him loud and clear cursing under his breath as the duo entered the company van.

The sun was already beginning to set.

"I can't stand those men anymore!" Jiwook growled aloud, slamming the palm of his hand against the steering wheel in his anger. "It's clearly stated that there is to be nothing overly ual and yet they try to do it anyway! It's disgusting! You're just a child!"

Echo didn't want to point out the fact that she was actually a legal adult, but she also was pretty sure her manager was just simply speaking aloud and not directly to her.

With a grunt the older man jabbed the key into the ignition, pulling the van from the curb. Throughout the entire ride he would yell out something along the lines of 'The nerve of some people!' and 'It's just sick I tell you, sick!' at random intervals. Echo just pretended not to hear him and blankly stared out the window, phone clutched into her small hands whenever he unintentionally speed the up or take a stomach dropping turn.

The idol was grateful when the van was finally pulled to a stop in the very familiar underground parking lot. It looked like her manager wasn't ready to get out anytime soon, now dialing someone on his phone while grumbling, so she jumped out of the van and entered the apartment building herself.

"I'm home!" Echo called out into the apartment, not knowing if anyone was even there. Walking forward she noticed all her other members were gathered on the large L-shaped couch. They all stared at her.

Hesitantly Echo spoke first, "Um, hi?"

"Echo-ah, sit down," Sooyoung softly said, gesturing to the single chair in front of the couch, that was clearly pulled in from the kitchen.

Slowly, the younger idol did as she was told, all the while giving her members confused looks.

"There's something that's been bothering us for awhile now," Sooyoung continued, although the look in her eyes proved that she didn't want to be the one speaking.

"What?"

"Your attitude." Echo felt her lip twitch.

"We understand that you're going through a hard time with your mother and all," Hyoyeon continued for the other. "But ever since you got in your drama you've been avoiding us, ignoring us when we're in the same room and you…"

Echo just gave her a weird look, not knowing how to respond with words.

"You've been in your own little world lately and it's not healthy," Taeyeon spoke, eyes heavy with emotions. They seemed to pierce Echo's very soul. "We know you're going through a hard time, but can't you just speak to us? Stop pushing us away when we just want to help."

"What on earth are you talking about?" Echo questioned.

"They're talking about how you're becoming full of yourself!" Jessica growled, uncharacteristically being the first to yell. "You ignore us whenever we try to help and instead you simply sit by yourself in your room or just leave the dorm all together!"

"How am I becoming full of myself?" she half-growled, her patience swiftly leaving her body and being replaced with anger.

"Your drama," Sunny gently said, seeming to be the only clear headed one in the room that would speak up. "You've been focusing more on it, constantly talking about it, it feels like you're putting it in our faces."

"I would never do something like that. I'm just happy I finally got a role that is helping my popularity!"

"So you admit it!" Jessica jumped up from the couch. "You're just in it for the popularity!"

"Isn’t that the point of most of our solo activities?" the younger idol jumped up as well, eyes hard. "Girls' Generation is popular, and I'm proud of that fact, but the truth is that most of our fans don't even want me here! I'm trying to prove myself to our fandom and to the haters and just to everyone! I want to prove that I'm not as worthless as everyone tries to make me seem and that I play a part in this group too!"

A contemplative silence fell upon them.

"Thanks for letting me know your true feelings," she quietly said, moving towards the front door.

"Allison!" Tiffany called out once the door shut behind her.

In the hallway Echo clenched her heavy eyelids, fighting back whatever tears may try to come forth. Instead, a few chocked sobs came from as she entered the elevator. She heavily leaned against the wall, tightly holding onto the gold surrounding bar until her knuckles turned bone white.

How could they think that of her? They made her out to be a selfish ! She never, ever, felt like she was above them in any way. And ignoring them? Yes, she's been focusing more on herself lately but that's normal. They never said anything to Yoona whenever she would speak about her dramas. Or anything to Taeyeon whenever she spoke about her variety show appearances. They never said anything ill to anyone but her. Why her? What else did she do to make them think such horrid thoughts of her?

Holding back another sob, she shakily grabbed her cell phone out of her pocket. Her fingers could barely stay still atop the keypad and it took so long just to type in the familiar name.

She held the phone up to her ear, waiting for the dial tone to end.

"Echo-ah? How did the shooting go?" the familiar male voice met her ear. She felt a wave of thankfulness wash through her just at the sound of his voice.

"Oppa… are you free right now?" she mentally cringed at the thickness of her voice. No doubt he would know something was wrong.

"Yes, Echo-ah, what's wrong?"

"I just need someone to talk to oppa… please."

"Okay, okay, do you need me to pick you up?"

"Yes, please. Thank you, Yonghwa-oppa."

 

 

I'm seriously seeing Echo in a new light from this drama.

She's an amazing actress! The other members keep trying to outshine her!

ECHO I LOVE YOU!



 

I apologize for updating a day late! I was really sick yesterday and didn't go anywhere near my laptop!