Chapter 28

Idol Life : SNSD's Tenth Member

 

Watched: Pretty Little Liars

 

      April 16th, 2010

April 16th, 2010


 

 

"I really hate flights," Sunny frowned, rubbing her stomach as the pilot introduced them to the Shanghai International airport.

"Do you want some candy?" Yoona offered her a Life Saver.

"Please," she slowly accepted the candy, popping it in .

"Do you girls have everything?" Hajoon called out, his strained voice showcasing how stressed all managers get whenever an airport is involved added to that they were just on a flight and you get time bomb managers.

With an extremely deep breath the members stood from their seats, following the other passengers off the flight, thanking the stewardesses and pilot as they got off the plane.

They heard the loud screams of the fans before they even left the terminal.

Echo ended up taking Tiffany's hand, her eyes squinting from all of the bright camera flashes behind her dark sunglasses. The guards were so close Echo could hear their breathing, she unconsciously pressed herself against Tiffany's side as the fans pushed against the guards, trying to get closer to their idols. Their heavy footsteps sounded like waterfalls pounding against rocks in her ears.

It felt like an eternity until the members were safely in their bus. The second Echo landed in her seat she pulled her legs up to her chest and placed her head on her knees, wrapping her thin arms around her calves.

"Echo-ah? Are you okay?" Tiffany's voice met her ears, but everything sounded muddled.

"What's wrong?"

A hand placed itself on her back, rubbing gentle circles.

"Is she okay?"

"Echo-ah, what are you doing?"

"Are you having a panic attack?!"

"What's going on?"

A cold sweat broke out over Echo's body, but she felt her breath evening. After a few moments she reluctantly pulled her head up.

She saw all her members, SHINee and the staff crowded around her, one of the makeup artists was using a paper fan on her, helping her cool down.

"Are you alright?" Hajoon asked, eyes searching her for any sort of injuries.

"I'm fine," her reassuring smile came out more of a grimace.

"Drink some water," he pushed a lukewarm water bottle into her hands, before turning around and telling the driver to get on the road. He yelled at everyone to take their seats.

"What just happened?" Tiffany softly asked once everyone was settled.

"The crowd freaked me out," she shrugged, chewing on the mouth of the water bottle.

 

"I think their pants are tighter than ours," Echo smirked, taking a sip of water, her feet propped up on the stadium chair in front of her.

 The rest of the singing line was surrounding her, have the next half hour to just watch the stage since the next five songs didn't involve them.

"It's just because they're so SHINee," Tiffany laughed at her bad joke. Taeyeon gave her a 'wtf' look, causing the lead vocal to laugh even harder.

"Is it weird that SHINee is playing and not f(x)?" Sunny vocalized.

"I think it's because SHINee has a hit and matches our stages better," Jessica pointed out. "I can't imagine Ari and Echo singing Battlefield together."

"It would definitely become a battlefield," Sunny laughed.

"How do you feel sharing the stage with Jonghyun?" Jessica boldly asked, all the singers turning to Echo, who was still intently watching SHINee's performance.

Echo knew she was lucky that for whatever reason the SHINee members ran late today and Jonghyun wasn't able to go through the first dry run with Echo. Sure, they practiced in the practice room back at the studio, however they only sang. That's it. They didn't look at each other. They actually faced opposite sides of studio, and neither faced the mirror.

"A little unnerved," she honestly admitted.

"You don't have to be super into it," Taeyeon assured her. "Fans aren't expecting you to act like a couple, they don't even know you were a couple."

"And I plan on keeping it that way, thank you very much," Echo mumbled, her and Jonghyun's eyes clashing on stage.

 

Echo nervously bit the tip of her tongue, adjusting her earpiece.

"Try to be as natural as possible!" a director called out through the mic.

Yeah, she didn't look at Jonghyun who was standing inches away from her body.

"You have to feel like a couple who was prematurely broken up!"

ing seriously?

Once the music started Echo tried to clear her mind, briefly fluttering her eyes closed and taking a deep, calming breath.

She lifted the mic to .

"Don't try to explain your mind

I know what's happening here

One minute, it's love

And, suddenly, it's like a battlefield."

She was habitually going to sing the next line until Jonghyun's deep voice beat her to it.

"One word turns into a war

Why is it the smallest things that tear us down

My world's nothing when you're gone

I'm out here without a shield, can't go back, now."

Before Echo could continue the song the music abruptly stopped and the director yelled at them: "Look at each other! Think of your first love!"

Why is this turning it into a love song? Isn’t it about heartbreak?

Echo puffed her cheeks in irritation, reluctantly twisting on her heel to face Jonghyun, staring at his uneven nostrils instead of his eyes.

Once more the music began,

"Don't try to explain your mind

I know what's happening here

One minute-"

"NO! All wrong! Get closer!"

So they got closer.

Music started.

"Sing more dreamily!"

So they did.

Music started.

"Brush fingers when you walk down the stage!

Look in each other's eyes!

Jonghyun-ssi, brush your fingers against her cheek!

Echo-ssi,  raise your hand in Jonghyun's direction when he's across the stage!"

The list just keeps going from there. Echo was so frustrated at the end she ended up kicking the couch in the waiting room, instant regret hit her when the shock went from her toe up her leg.

"Feel better?"

Echo held her foot, awkwardly looking over her shoulder to see Key standing in the doorway, cocked hipped with his arms crossed against his thin chest.

"What do you want, Key?"

The rapper raised an eyebrow from the missing honorific, but didn't verbalize it. "I want to talk about the tension that even a machete couldn’t cut."

"And why is that?" she let out a groan when she sat on the hard couch.

Key sat down next to her, elegantly crossing his legs. His eyes watched her every movement like a predator. "Do you still have feelings for him?"

"Excuse me?"

"Do you still have feelings for Jonghyun?"

Echo was too stumped at the question to say anything.

"I'm going to take that as a yes," he smirked, leaning back into the faux leather. "So, what'cha gonna do about it?"

"Nothing," her eyes became guarded.

"What if I say something?" there was an evil gleam in his eye.

"Did Arianna put you up to this?" her back became ridged. "I swear to god Kibum if you're ing with me right now because Ari is still mad at me you're gonna have a huge nightmare on your hands."

Key stood up, brushing off imaginary dirt from his shiny black pants. "I'm just looking out for my members well being. Denying the heart what it wants isn't healthy, Allison." With a final cat-like smirk Key strutted out of the room.

"There's something very strange about that boy," she frowned.

 

 

      April 17th, 2010

April 17th, 2010


 

"Why does love always feel like,

Why does love always feel like a battlefield, a battlefield."

Echo felt the loud cheers fuel her performance, she gave no s that her and Jonghyun have a messy past or the fact that she has no idea how she still feels about him. The only thing she was focused on was keeping her fans happy.

"I never meant to start a war," her and Jonghyun sung together, turning to each other.

"Don't even know what we're fighting for," slowly, they crossed the opposite ends of the small stage.

Jonghyun lifted his hand to gently brush it against Echo's cheek, the fans screams getting louder if possible. "I never meant to start a war."

Their eyes were glued to each other.

"Don't even know what we're fighting for."

The two were so mesmerized from each other they didn't even turn to bow at the crowd, just standing in that position until the lights turned off, signaling them to get off the stage.

Echo immediately took a few steps backwards, separating the two. "S-sorry," she whispered, rushing off the stage. Her heart was beating incredibly fast, and she knew it wasn't just because of adrenaline from performing.

 

 

      April 18th, 2010

April 18th, 2010


 

Echo became extremely nervous when the bus parked in front of the airport, security walking on board to discuss their plans with the managers.

Her fingertips pressed against the cool glass, looking through she could see the fans were mere feet away from the bus.

"You okay?" Yoona's soft voice met her ears.

Turning, she saw she was standing in the walkway, leaning forward with both hands supporting on the seats.

"I'm nervous," her voice came out squeaky, sound barely escaping .

Yoona smoothly sat in the seat next to her, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. "You're going to be okay."

Echo didn't say anything, just turning back to the sea of people. Her eyes widened when she realized she couldn't see the floor beneath their feet, just a sea of faces. No room for her feet, no air to breath, no space.

There's no space. Omigod, there's no space.

Her heart began racing, she became overly aware of the blood rushing in her veins, she began gasping desperately for air. There was no air, where did the oxygen go?! She thought she could hear voices calling her name, but she couldn't hear anything other than her own wheezing, her body begging for some type of oxygen.

But, then… all of a sudden. It stopped.

She could breath.

She could hear.

She could feel the cold sweat on her torso, making her shirt uncomfortably cling to her.

Looking up she saw the worried faces of her members, and staff members scrambling around to grab water, paper fans and makeup to retouch what she just sweated off.

"I'm fine, I swear," she repeated, "I'm fine."

 

Echo and Jonghyun are really cute together~

Looking at Echo's face at the airport I thought she was going to start bawling.

Aw, Echo and Tiffany are always so cute at the airport, they always stay close and hold hands! But this time Tiffany had her arm around her waist AHHH THE FEEEEELLLLLLSSSSS!!



 Whoever hates math raise your hand! *raises hand*