Chapter 27

Idol Life : SNSD's Tenth Member

 

Watched: Pretty Little Liars

 

      April 11th, 2010

April 11th, 2010


 

 

Echo cheerily followed behind Taeyeon, Tiffany and Hyoyeon into their maknae's marital home.

"Okay, you guys have to greet each other," Seohyun was happily smiling as she introduced her members to Jung Yonghwa. "First, these are your sisters-in-law." She introduced them one-by-one, Echo giving the CNBLUE member a knowing smile. "And this is my husband."

"Hello," he deeply bowed to the girls.

"We all know that."

"We all know."

"Still…" Hyoyeon continued, "you left early in the morning and yet it's still messy?"

"So do we just wait here?" Tiffany gestured to the spot they were occupying, all of them sending glances at the couch that looked more like a place to hang laundry than to sit on.

"Unnie, hang on!"

The virtual couple swiftly removed a few items from the couch, Yonghwa even pulling out a tiny white bathtub stool for one to sit on, which Hyoyeon moved around to sit on the still messy couch.

While Tiffany simply tossed things off the couch as if it was covered in motor oil, Taeyeon was looking at a cute heart-covered mug, Hyoyeon was poking fun at items for Jungshin, and Seohyun and Yonghwa tried to clean up quickly Echo stood at her original spot, arms crossed against her chest.

When Yonghwa and Seohyun came back out from the bedroom after a quick conversation, Yonghwa took the loner stool, staring up at Echo.

"Echo-a-ssi," Yonghwa barely caught himself from sounding familiar with the younger girl. "What's wrong?"

The rest of the members turned to look at the tense girl, her sleek black hair adding to her air of intimidation.

"Hey, Jung Yonghwa, you expect my lovely dongsaeng to live like this?"

The blood from Yonghwa's face ran back into his body while the members on the couch tried hard not to laugh at the tough tone coming from Echo. Seohyun just continued cleaning like nothing was wrong.

Before the CNBLUE member could defend himself Echo continued, "I had high expectations for you Jung Yonghwa, but you're already slipping. You get three strikes," she held up three perfectly manicured fingers. "And now you're down to two," she lowered one.

"I'll do my best," Yonghwa was hesitant, unsure of how to respond.

"Oh!" Hyoyeon jumped up, grabbing the bag they brought in. "We brought presents!"

"Unnie, you guys are the best!" Seohyun smiled, helping Yonghwa move the table towards the couch.

Slowly the members revealed couple aprons and a brand new juicer.

"Seohyun-ah, tells us stuff," Hyoyeon spoke after everyone settled on the couch (Yonghwa was actually uncomfortably sitting on the bathtub stool). "I was really surprised at home how much Seohyun-ah talks to us. She talks to us as if she is rapping or something."

"She's talking about me?" Yonghwa got a pleased smile on his face, eyes clashing with Seohyun's embarrassed gaze.

"It was all good things about you," Hyoyeon assured him. "Seohyun-ah dislikes guys who make her feel uncomfortable. She told us that you don't make her feel uncomfortable and you take good care of her."

"Oh, really?" Yonghwa questioned.

"She says you're like her ideal oppa."

Yonghwa immediately felt his ego inflate at the compliment.

"I hear that you're scared of us," Hyoyeon revealed.

"No way, I'm not scared of you guys!" he firmly denied.

"I think I would be scared if I was a guy," Tiffany smirked. "Since only four of us are here, let's get along well. Also, we're the same age. Well, except Echo-ah."

"I can still be terrifying," she harshly spoke, the members laughing while Yonghwa looked bashful once more. "Do you guys want some fruit?" he quickly asked.

Hyoyeon happily put the aprons on the couple as they got to work on cutting the fruit Taeyeon bought. In between the couple cutting fruit the other members cleaned the living room until it looked perfectly clean.

The members thanked Seohyun as she brought over the prettily arranged fruit plates, calling over Yonghwa who was trying to busy himself with the new blender.

The four proceeded to softly make fun of the couple behind their backs before Yonghwa turned around, "What are you guys saying? I'm curious."

They shook their heads, Taeyeon calling them ahjummas. Once more though he scurried over to Seohyun's side, not sitting back down until they called him over using his 'brother in law' title.

Once recording was over hours later, Taeyeon was gone while Sooyoung took her place and Jungshin arrived.

"Why did you have to be so scary?!" Was the first thing Yonghwa said once the cameras were off, turning to Echo who was evilly smirking.

"Because it's fun~" she added a small aegyo noise at the end. "Plus, none of them would be the mean one!"

The rest of the members looked overly offended at Echo's words, faking negative reactions.

"Every show needs a mean unnie!" she defended herself, laughing when Hyoyeon pretended to repeatedly punch her in the stomach.

"This is more entertaining than the show," one of the staff members mumbled to themselves.

"But seriously, how've you been?" the idol fully turned towards Yonghwa. "I haven't heard from you ever since you married my Seohyun."

Yonghwa hesitated, looking embarrassed, before saying, "I was afraid you would punch me."

"Physical violence is Hyoyeon's job."

"Hyoyeon-unnie!" Hyoyeon reattributed.

"This reminds me of the time you refused to call me unnie when we were trainees," Sooyoung revealed. The rest of the SNSD members gave her a confused look.

"She called you unnie," Taeyeon let out a short laugh.

"Oh, yeah. You just did it sarcastically," the tallest SNSD member corrected.

"Girls, there's another recording I need to get Echo at, we need to go," their manager into their conversation, gesturing towards the front door which the members faked leaving through for the cameras.

"Fine, fine."

"By Seohyunnie!"

"Yonghwa be nice to our Seohyun!"

The girls (and Jungshin) actually left the small home that time, getting into the van.

"Who are the other members in this part of the commercial?" Echo asked once the van was in motion.

"Yoona and Yuri."

 

"That dirty look was perfect, Echo-ssi," the director praised once the cameras turned off and the staff was ready to move onto the next scene.

Echo bowed in thanks will Yoona laughed, playfully shoving her shoulder. "I thought you were really mad at me!"

"Sorry, I didn't realize I got the evil look," she laughed back, the duo and Yuri going to change into their next outfits.

"We need to be quick, daylight is time!" a random staff member called out.

Once the three changed into their white and red outfits they were brought to the wave pool, briefly going over directions they were previously aware of.

Everything was going so fast Echo barely remembers anything other than questioning why Yuri was putting on tanning oil instead of sun block, laughing at Yoona for not being able to do one pushup, Yoona's earsplitting scream as they came down a water ramp with Taecyeon, and the 2PM boys pretending to have a slap fight in the wave pool.

Once the rest of the members appeared the sun went down hours ago, everyone standing around ready to record the final party scene. SNSD and 2PM just had to wait for Yoona and Chansung to finish up their couple scene.

"I miss tatter tots like no tomorrow," Echo admitted.

"What about croissants, the real buttery ones," Taecyeon's eyes were wide like a child's, mentally picturing the French treat.

"You don't like the dry ones Korea has?" Tiffany teased, the group laughing.

"What about McDonald's French fries? Americas are the best, they're super salty and just so perfect," Jessica dreamily sighed.

"Are all of you really talking about food?" Sooyoung wandered over to the group, an entertained look on her face.

"Yes, because it's a beautiful thing," Nichkhun spoke, widely grinning. "Oh!" he snapped his fingers, "What about a big juicy steak from a steak house?"

"You're making me really hungry now," Tiffany frowned, rubbing her empty tummy.

"Sorry," he didn't sound really apologetic though as he continued to grin.

"We're all on strict diets right now, why would you torture yourselves like that?" the tallest SNSD member frowned.

Echo smirked. "Because we're sick s."

 

I've never seen Echo so protective! It's adorable!

I feel like Yonghwa and Echo are actually friends, didn't they star in a drama together?

…Is it bad I ship Yonghwa with Echo and not Seohyun?



 

The WGM episode.

As a warning, my 'express' class starts this Tuesday, I do have a few chapters pre-written but I don't know if I'll be updating every week or every other right now.