Exhibitionism.

Make My Heart Race
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for yeolliechan;; (3445 words) 

Myungsoo wasn’t like all the others who had to pretend in some interviews during some comebacks, he honestly liked all of Infinite’s songs. They were his style, the melodies light and the voices always in harmony, and he often found himself playing their music in the background while relaxing in the dorms.

 

Nothing’s Over was his favorite, he liked songs where they got to have fun on stage without having to worry about impressing fans with their charisma or portraying a cool image. He enjoyed the songs that he got to shed the burden that was L, and sing his heart out as Myungsoo. That was also the music video where Sungyeol got to shine, and that made it so much more satisfying and memorable in his mind.

 

He didn’t think that anything would be able to top it, but that was before Man in Love came along. Not only was the song infectiously peppy, he was also given permission to do fanservice with his favorite target.

 

The one and only Lee Sungyeol.

 

Looking back on it, management probably should have given it a second thought before handing Myungsoo the reigns to ‘interact’ with Sungyeol on stage. He liked being able to give his boyfriend a little bit of attention in public, a small way of reminding other’s who Sungyeol belonged to, even if the majority of people thought it was all for show.

 

But it was anything but, Myungsoo already had a hard enough time staying away from Sungyeol during their performances, so when he was given the okay to play with his boyfriend on stage, he might have taken things a little too far.

 

In the beginning it started small; there was a moment when six of the members were posing while Woohyun sang his big lines towards the end of the song. Sungyeol was right within his reach, just an arms length away. At first Myungsoo started with cute poses, then it was casual touches, and now it was-

 

“Seriously, Myungsoo?” The taller boy was pacing backstage, dabbing his sweaty forehead with a towel, diligently preserving his make up.

 

The younger boy thought it might be safer to play dumb, although his hazy gaze and clear appreciation practically gave him away. “What?”

 

Sungyeol glared at him. “You know exactly what! Myungsoo, you basically stripped me on stage.”

 

“It was only your jacket… you still had your shirt on underneath.” Myungsoo stated matter of factly, but that didn’t seem to appease his boyfriend.

 

“Myungsoo, that’s not the point. There’s fanservice and then there’s… I don’t know, ?” Sungyeol chastised him. Myungsoo moved his eyes down to the floor, his hands nervously twitching in his lap.

 

“I thought you would enjoy it… I like it when you pay attention to me on stage. It makes me perform better when I get your support.” Myungsoo said softly, his legs swaying back and forth as he sat perched on the edge of the counter.

 

“It’s not that I don’t like it… you’re just being too obvious. It’s hard for me to maintain my composure, my image when you are touching me.”

 

“But why? Why can’t you just let it show, every once and awhile? The fans like seeing us together… and I don’t hide how much I like it when you touch me.” Myungsoo questioned, his lips pouting cutely.

 

“There’s a fine line Myungsoo. We promised the others that if we got together that we would be subtle. You have to be more careful from now on.” Sungyeol explained.

 

“So you’re worried about the fans?”

 

“More like worried about the other members. Don’t you notice the way they look at us when we do things like that on stage? I feel uncomfortable when you touch me in front of them, I don’t want them to see.” Sungyeol trailed off, his hands pulling at his suit jacket as he tried to straighten it out.

 

The leader popped his head into the dressing room and he gave them a smirk. “And here I thought I’d catch you guys in the middle of something after what I witnessed out on stage. We need to go monitor the recording, I noticed a couple mistakes in the dance break on the playback.”

 

“We were just talking, and now we’re done.” Sungyeol said for the both of them, giving himself one last glance over in the mirror before disappearing out of the room. Sunggyu followed Sungyeol without another word, leaving the visual alone slouched against the counter.

 

Myungsoo told himself that Sungyeol’s dismissal of the conversation didn’t bother him, that his boyfriend’s words had come from a place of concern, not embarrassment. But deep down he knew that it wasn’t the truth.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

It was another day but the same thing, just on a different music show. Woohyun’s part is coming up and Myungsoo’s walking to his place but with hardly any of his usual enthusiasm. Normally his heart would be bursting, the anticipation almost killing him as he waited for the excuse to fondle his boyfriend. But instead he forced himself to stay still, his eyes resolutely on the ground instead of the beautiful boy right in front of him. It was difficult to not to look at Sungyeol, he looked so pretty in the brightly colored suits with his almond colored hair. But at this point, even looking at him would be considered a temptation, so he forced himself to focus on the choreography, and the rest of the performance went off without a hitch.

 

They collected another trophy, all smiles for the camera and their fans. But inside Myungsoo was troubled, he felt constricted and unable to the express himself the way he wanted. He glanced over to Sungyeol, who was dancing happily near the end of the stage with the maknae, holding up an Inspirit support banner. Myungsoo stayed off to the side by himself, a part of what was happening but not really. He sang along to the lyrics inside of his head, bobbing his head to the music as their winning song played.

 

A pair of arms wrapped around him, but the height was all wrong for who he was longing for. He appreciated the gesture nonetheless, holding onto the rapper’s forearms. “Dongwoo hyung?”

 

“Just smile for a little while longer, we’ll be home sooner than you know it.” Dongwoo told him, putting his hand up in a V sign for a fan with a camera in the front row. Myungsoo followed his lead, posing for pictures until Hoya came over to tug them towards the center. The members formed a circle like always, hugging each other as the fans cheered for them. Sunggyu did his obligatory whispers of praise, before they broke away to do their final bow towards the crowd.

 

Everyone was still energetic by the time they made it backstage, and Myungsoo moved quickly to grab his things, not really in the mood to joke around. He took the backseat in the van, letting the others crowd around the car windows to wave and pose for the fans as they drove away. Myungsoo closed my eyes, leaning his forehead against the cool window as they made their way home.

 

Myungsoo felt a head rest against his shoulder and he peeked open his eyes to see a blonde head of hair. Dongwoo was always the best at reading the member’s moods, always there to comfort the boys when they were feeling down. It was no surprise that he made a point to sit next to Myungsoo on the ride home, offering a bit of support.

 

“Are you and Sungyeol fighting?” Dongwoo asked, his voice barely audible. Myungsoo looked around, Sungyeol was directly in the row in front of him; he wasn’t sure if this was the best time to discuss the way he was feeling. “They all have their headphones in… they can’t hear anything and they aren’t paying attention to us anyway.”

 

Sure enough, when Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol he was focused on his phone, his head nodding along with his music as he played one of his games. “Come on, you can talk to me.”

 

“We aren’t fighting… at least I don’t think so.” Myungsoo muttered.

 

“You guys barely spoke to each other at the schedule, and you haven’t been doing your fanservice like normal.” Myungsoo tried to protest, but Dongwoo cut him off. “I’m right next to you guys in the formation, I can see everything. It seems like you are avoiding each other, you didn’t even looked at him during any of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter