Charms.

Make My Heart Race
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for AsianNoodles;; (2816 words)

 

Myungsoo poked his head around the tip of the stone wall, his eyes searching the ground for any signs of Mrs. Norris. Deeming the coast clear he tiptoed around the corner, cursing himself for not paying attention to Professor Flitwick in class the day they were working on soundless Charm spells. In his defense, that was the class the Hufflepuffs had with the Gryffindors and it was rather hard to focus with their House’s Chaser sitting a couple seats down from him. But now wasn’t the time to dwell on regrets - or a certain boy’s beautifully gummy smile - as time was of the essence and he had places to be.

 

“Lumos.” He whispered, activating a dim light at the tip of his wand as he made his way through the dark corridors. It was eerily quiet in the castle, as it was past curfew and the rest of the students were already safely tucked away in bed.

 

Any other night Myungsoo would be doing the same, but he had asked him to sneak out of his common room once the clock struck twelve, to meet him in one of the abandoned classrooms on the second floor of the east wing of the castle. The boy hadn’t even asked him in person; he had charmed a piece of parchment to float over to the Hufflepuff table earlier in the Great Hall. Myungsoo didn’t even realize that the message was for him until Dongwoo, a seventh year and his best friend, urged him to open it. He immediately recognized the messy scrawl of ink, the oversized S as the signature enough to make Myungsoo’s heart flutter.

 

It wasn’t like this was the first time that the Gryffindor had asked him out, that had happened after his third tutoring session in preparation for his O.W.L. in Charms. His tutor Howon was actually a sixth year who had earned an Outstanding on the examination, who only agreed to help him as a favor to his boyfriend Dongwoo.

 

But that particular day Howon had come down with a sudden case of unsavory sores - courtesy of a potion gone awry from being on the unfortunate side of his boyfriend’s experiments - Dongwoo was testing out different concoctions in preparation for his N.E.W.T.s.

 

Myungsoo had expected Howon to cancel their session, but the older boy had promised to find him a replacement. He almost fell out of his chair in the library when Lee Sungyeol strutted up to him, a worn copy of Achievements in Charming tucked under his arm. He couldn’t focus on his studies in a classroom full of people with the Sungyeol present, so there was no way that he could concentrate in an abandoned corner with only the pretty boy at his side. The tutoring session had been a disaster, he was positive by the end of it that Sungyeol would think he was an absolute idiot. But instead of deeming him a hopeless case who was destined to get a Troll, Sungyeol had volunteered to tutor him exclusively - in exchange for going out with him on a date.

 

It had been a whirlwind since then, Sungyeol was smart, kind, and just as crazy about Myungsoo. Dating him was like drinking his first cup of butterbeer; it was warm, sweet, and utterly satisfying. He simply couldn’t get enough of the taller male, would do anything to spend time with him; especially since the chance to do so had been so limited lately with their ever looming exams and Sungyeol’s increased Quidditch practices.

 

Which is why Myungsoo was now creeping through silent corridors, looking over his shoulder every five seconds just waiting for someone - practically anyone in a position of power - to appear and send him straight to Dungeons or worse, expel him and that would be a lovely conversation to have with his parents; Sorry for getting kicked out of Hogwarts Mom and Dad, it was an accident really. I just couldn’t wait until breakfast to see my lovely boyfriend, especially after seeing him look so handsome in his crimson Quidditch robes on the pitch. I know it’s against the rules to leave the common room after curfew but I just had to see him-

 

“Umph!” Myungsoo cried out, broken out of his musings by running into something hard and solid in front of him. He looked up from his new position on the floor, the blood draining from his face as he stared into the piercing gaze of the Head Boy. Kim Sunggyu had been appointed Ravenclaw’s prefect in his fifth year, and had served his role admirably until he was appointed to his current position in his seventh. He was known for his no nonsense approach to dealing with the other student’s transgressions and he was a stickler for the rules.

 

Basically, the absolute worst student for Myungsoo to run into at this moment in time when it was so far past curfew and he sneaking out of bed, clearly up to no good. He scrambled up, his body bowing slightly at the older man’s presence, resigning himself to a future full of embarrassing apologies to everyone involved.

 

“Sunggyu-sshi, listen-”

 

“About time you showed up.” He groaned out, pulling Myungsoo closer to the wall by his bicep. Sunggyu practically dragged him down the hallway, their robes billowing out behind them at the speed they were walking. At first Myungsoo let the elder lead him mindlessly through the castle, too startled to think about what was going on. But then Myungsoo realized that he wasn’t heading back to the Hufflepuff common room to report him to his House Prefect, or leading him to the Professors’ chambers. In fact, Sunggyu was leading the younger deeper into Hogwarts, closer to the more abandoned, unoccupied parts of the castle.

 

“Wait.” Myungsoo dug his heels into the stone floor, skidding them to a halt. “I don’t understand, where are we going?”

 

Sunggyu laughed, which was a sound Myungsoo was positive he had never heard from him before. “Sungyeol said if he left it up to you, it would take hours for you to even show up. At the pace you were moving at he was right. It was smart of him to ask me to you.”

 

“ me? Wait- you’re actually taking me to Sungyeol? You aren’t going to turn me in for breaking what I’m sure has to be multiple rules…” Myungsoo asked dumbfoundedly.

 

The elder scoffed, an eyebrow rising at the questions. “Do you want me to lead you to Sungyeol or to Professor Sprout’s office? Your choice.”

 

“S-sorry, I was just a little surprised. I want to meet Sungyeol, I’m just not sure I understand why you are doing this…” Myungsoo trailed off.

 

Sunggyu smirked at him before turning away, starting down the hallway again. “Your boyfriend is persuasive.” He admitted, his wand lighting the way as they got closer to their destination. “And maybe I didn’t think it was possible for Slytherin to lose tonight… I was positive that Woohyun was going to get the snitch.”

 

“He did though.” Myungsoo reminded him, and the elder chuckled.

 

“But Slytherin didn’t win, courtesy of your boyfriend.” Sunggyu admitted, rounding another turn abruptly. Myungsoo offhandedly wandered how he would ever find his way back, then rem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter