Crush.

Make My Heart Race
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

for nayama;; (5266 words)

 

“I’m not really good with stuff like this… I guess I’m a fashion major for a reason.” The blonde giggled, looking shyly at the ground.

 

Myungsoo smiled warmly at him, handing the shorter boy a few loose leaf papers. “It’s alright… I’m good at remembering things; dates and random facts. History is actually my strong point.”

 

“I must have gotten lucky getting you for my partner then.” He joked, lightly touching Myungsoo’s hand, who seemed shy at the contact.

 

“Well, if you want to focus on explaining the judicial side of things, like how the government actually has to respond when needing to create and implement new laws, I can do the research. I’ll find some court cases that back up our theories, give our term paper a little more strength in its argument, and I’m sure that our professor will be more than pleased.”

 

“Thanks Myungsoo… you’ve really been super helpful this semester. There’s no doubt in my mind, I never would have passed federal government if it weren’t for you.”

 

Myungsoo flushed under the younger boy’s praise, uneasy about accepting compliments. “It’s no big deal Sungjong… you’re a lot smarter than you think, you just weren’t exactly applying yourself the right way.”

 

“I still say that your tutoring was just the thing I needed. It’s a shame we won’t have a reason to see each other next semester, yeah? I really enjoyed spending my Wednesday nights cramming with you.”

 

“It was nice, I like to help people, make them realize that history can be fun too.” Myungsoo said earnestly, returning Sungjong’s smile.

 

“We shouldn’t stop hanging out after we finish our final paper. Maybe we could see each other outside of class and the coffee shop? I’m pretty sure the baristas there hate us for taking up their precious couch space anyway. I’d like to get to know more about the real Kim Myungsoo; not just the somewhat nerdy, awkwardly attractive history major.” The pretty boy looked at him hopefully, his cute eyes staring as he waited for Myungsoo’s reaction.

 

Myungsoo, being the socially inept being he was, didn’t exactly pick up on the boy’s insinuation. “Yeah, I’d like for us to be friends and get closer Sungjong.”

 

The blonde shook his head, hiding his smile behind his hand. “I don’t want to be friends with you Myungsoo. I meant let’s hang out and get to know each other, as in go on a date.”

 

“Oh.” Myungsoo gasped, his mouth almost comically forming an O shape. “Oh. I didn’t realize…”

 

Sungjong pulled out a pen from his bright yellow bag, clicking it loudly in front of Myungsoo’s face. His cat like grin was fixed in place as he scribbled down a few digits, tearing off the edge of the paper before handing it over to Myungsoo. “My number… feel free to call or text me about the project… or if you just want to talk in general, I’ll answer. Think about the date and get back to me, no rush.” He finished coolly, tossing his pen back into his bag. With a flip of his hair he was off, disappearing into the crowd of students as Myungsoo stood there dumbly.

 

A pair of arms wrapped around him, dragging him towards the corner where the familiar faces were already gathered around. Hoya and Sunggyu were fiercely engaged in a battle over a game of pool, always finding some way or another to be competitive with each other. Woohyun was sitting on one of the couches with his notes, actively pretending to be studying, even though he was not so subtly checking out Sunggyu’s each time he bent over to take a shot. Dongwoo was still holding Myungsoo, a huge grin on his face as he tried to get the rest of the boys’ attention.

 

“Guys! Guess what just happened!” He chirped happily, practically bouncing with excitement.

 

“If this is about the drama club selling stuff in the quad again, we already know and we all politely decline.” Sunggyu drawled disinterestedly, his already small eyes narrowing as he lined up his shot.

 

“Seriously, whose idea was it to let Sungyeol bake? Like if they are trying to get people interested in the play coming up in the spring, I’m pretty sure that his horrible cookies are going to do the opposite.” Woohyun said seriously, his face twisting at the thought of eating any of Sungyeol’s kitchen creations.

 

“I still remember the mac and cheese debacle from the dorms. It took over an hour to get rid of that mess.” Hoya chimed, groaning when Sunggyu made another ball in the pocket.

 

“Okay, no, this has nothing to do with Sungyeol! Myungsoo just got asked out on a date!” Dongwoo clapped the dark haired boy on the shoulder, clearly proud of him for some reason. The younger boy was still in somewhat of a daze, the past five minutes confusing him in multiple ways.

 

“Wow. You actually got someone to look past those hideous black glasses and see the beautiful boy underneath?” Hoya teased, much to Sunggyu’s delight, who high fived him at the pool table.

 

“Yah, we all know that Myungsoo is the most handsome one out of all of us! It’s no surprise that he got asked out on a date!” Dongwoo nicely complimented, guiding Myungsoo over to the couch opposing Woohyun.

 

“Hoya was merely pointing out that our Myungsoo is an acquired taste. So what kind of boy wanted to get close to our derpy maknae?” Woohyun asked, his eyes twinkling.

 

“That blonde from his history class, the one he tutors!” Dongwoo spoke up again for Myungsoo, who didn’t seem to mind in the slightest.

 

“Whoa, that hot freshman? Soojong or something?” Woohyun shifted forward in his seat, clearly impressed. Sunggyu wasn’t pleased by this in the slightest, leaning over to whack Woohyun with his pool stick. “Ack, why?!”

 

“Get your thick head out of the gutter! He’s practically a baby compared to an old man like you. His name is Sungjong and he’s not even that hot anyway.” Sunggyu complained, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

 

“I’m not going to lie, he’s pretty ing hot.” Hoya smirked, delighting a little too much in purposely teasing his hyung. He walked closer to the couch, leaning over the back of it to smile at Dongwoo. “But I’ve only got eyes for you.” Hoya winked, which resulted in a loud round of giggles from the tiny blonde. Sunggyu prompted smacked Hoya in the with his pool stick, the disgust clear on his face.

 

“Aish, what did I tell you two about doing gross things in public?!” Sunggyu grumbled, his hand on his hip as he lectured.

 

“Hey, don’t take your ual frustrations out on me, just because you’re too proud to admit that you wouldn’t mind bending over for our greasy tree.” Hoya just barely moved out of the way in time to avoid Sunggyu’s second assault, clearly pleased with himself for pushing the older boy’s buttons.

 

Woohyun perked up in his seat, posing with his hands underneath his chin as he stared at the fuming redhead. “Sunggyu, have you really fallen for me?”

 

Sunggyu responded by lifting up his arm with the weapon menacingly. “Go ahead and try bending over! I will shove this pool stick right up-”

 

“Okay guys, enough! This is about Myungsoo, not about Sunggyu and Woohyun’s ‘will they or won’t they’ drama.” Dongwoo cut in, before they got in trouble for causing a ruckus in the student union.

 

Hoya leaned against the pool table, staring at the younger curiously. “Yeah, give us the details. When’s the date, where will you take him, how will you convince him that you aren’t weird?”

 

Myungsoo didn’t even register the barbed comments from Hoya, he was more than used to his brand of teasing by now. “I… didn’t exactly say yes. He just gave me his number.”

 

“But why? I thought you were kind of crushing on him?” Woohyun asked confused, remembering that Myungsoo had mentioned thinking that Sungjong was attractive before.

 

“I didn’t have a crush on him, I was helping him out with the homework when we hung out together. But one minute we were talking about our project and the next he was asking me out… it was kind of sudden.” Myungsoo murmured, unsure himself about why he had hesitated.

 

“You’re single, he’s hot. What’s there to think about?” Hoya shrugged his shoulders, clearly not seeing any sort of problem.

 

Myungsoo bit his lip, shaking his head as he pondered the subject. “I don’t know… it was like there was something holding me back from saying yes, but I have no idea what it was.”

 

“Where my boys at?!” A loud voice rang through their area, and they all turned to see Sungyeol approaching.

 

“I think I have an idea…” Sunggyu mumbled quietly, sharing a knowing look with Hoya.

 

“What… the hell are you wearing?” Woohyun deadpanned, staring at Sungyeol’s lacey white suit with a look of horror.

 

Sungyeol plopped down on the couch next to Myungsoo, immediately kicking his legs up to rest on top of Myungsoo’s thighs. “It’s called getting into character Woohyun, I’m a method actor through and through.”

 

“How does putting on an ill-fitting, dated suit make you a better actor?” Hoya asked skeptically.

 

“Yah, this suit looks great on me!” Sungyeol jumped up again, striking a ridiculous pose. “Feast your eyes on all this perfection.”

 

“Sungyeollie does look good though…” Myungsoo piped up, making Sunggyu roll his eyes.

 

“Of course you think so Myungsoo.”

 

“Don’t pick on Myungsoo just because he has amazing taste.” Sungyeol chided the elder, getting comfortable on the couch - and Myungsoo - again. “We’re doing Romeo and Juliet in the spring, and we are trying to sell out tickets before the end of the semester. Thanks for coming by and supporting my bake sale, by the way. You guys are totally the worst friends ever.” He pouted, resting his head on Myungsoo’s shoulder.

 

“It doesn’t really matter Sungyeol; you know that all of us will be at your play no matter what.”

 

“I know that Dongwoo, but I was reciting Shakespeare like a damn pro and I didn’t even have an audience.” Sungyeol sighed exaggeratedly, looking pointedly at Myungsoo. “I expect the rest of you to , but I thought you’d show up Myungsoo. I texted you.”

 

“Myungsoo was a little busy trying to get la-”

 

“Late homework turned in for class!” Myungsoo spoke up quickly, giving Woohyun a hard look to keep him quiet.

 

“But you never turn in your homework late… you’re like the perfect student.” Sungyeol said suspiciously, making Myungsoo squirm under his stare.

 

“Well… you see… I was supposed to turn it in online! Yeah… but since I forgot to, I thought that maybe my professor would accept it if I tried turning it in personally. So I had to run across campus to make sure I caught him during his office hours. So… yeah. That’s what I was doing.”

 

Sungyeol shrugged his shoulders, bopping Myungsoo on the nose. “Whatever you say weirdo. I just came here for a little break and to point out the lack of support I’m receiving from my supposed ‘best friends’; the stage already calls me back.” He stood up with flair, pulling out a pair of dainty white gloves. He turned to Myungsoo, bowing in his direction. “See how she leans her cheek upon her hand. O that I were a glove upon that hand-” Sungyeol lifted his arm up, caressing Myungsoo’s face softly. “That I might touch that cheek.”

 

Myungsoo flushed absolutely red, leaning out of Sungyeol’s embrace. “Stop it, I’m not a girl!” He giggled, playfully swatting away the gloves.

 

“But you are as pretty as one, with that gorgeous face… parting is such sweet sorrow.” Sungyeol teased, dancing out of the way of Myungsoo’s kick. “Fine, I’ll stop wasting my poetry on someone who doesn’t appreciate it. We have a meeting to discuss next year’s rehearsal schedule after we finish up our bake sale, but I should be done around six. Wait for me and take me out for dinner?”

 

“Yeah, of course.” Myungsoo didn’t even have to think about it, he was originally planning on getting a head start on his research for Government, but he could put that off to spend time with Sungyeol.

 

“Kay! I’ll meet you outside the theater building when I’m done.” Sungyeol looked at the others, his gaze hardening. “And I’ll see you losers later! Try not to have too much fun without me!” Sungyeol sang out, exiting the scene dramatically.

 

Myungsoo smiled to himself at the taller boy’s antics, watching him walk away u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter