creak (goes my heart)

bursts of imagination

a/n: slight! kaisoo & chanhun

 

 

The sound of bones creaking could almost pass as complains as Chanyeol tries to outrun the ghost chasing after him without leaving a bone or two on the floor. He doesn't even know why Jongin's got himself a ghost inside the castle because he was here yesterday (and everyday of the past week) and there wasn't any ghost. Yet.

He could hear giggles from behind him and as much as he thinks ghosts have no genders, the soft, tinkling laughter sounds almost feminine and it scares him even more.

With his bones still creaking in protest, he catches sight of Kyungsoo and Jongin walking out the courtyard and he immediately makes a turn, the floors squeaking when the edges of his toes catch on them. He sees his beloved wizard's small figure bending down, probably laughing, at what Jongin just said and he would have stopped and enjoyed the view if not for the crazy ghost still chasing his tail.

Watching the two prince proves to be a fatal cause when he couldn't even stay still for half a second in fear of the being caught so he settles for running in circles around the pair. Kyungsoo blinks at him, a laugh coming out probably at how ridiculous he looks like and Chanyeol waves, his jaw making a clacking noise as he tries to laugh as well. He thinks it's mission accomplished for the day because he's made his wizard smile.

Then a swishing noise breaks his thought and he runs faster, passing by Jongin and pointing to Kyungsoo. The demon prince nods, smiling in amusement as he watches Chanyeol break out of the courtyard and into the garden nearby to lose the ghose. Jongin just grins wider when the skeleton guard disappears because sometimes (most of the time), one of his demon guards gets a little too creative with his plans.

Chanyeol doesn't even know where he is, the garden proving to be more of a maze than a relaxing spot and he makes a note to bring this up to Jongin. He panics at the idea of Kyungsoo getting lost, his limbs tangling among themselves and he trips on a small rock. There's a loud sound coming closer and for one second, he thinks it's probably the ghost ready to kidnap him but he looks up and meets one of Jongin's demon guards instead.

Sehun's smiling down at him as he tries fixing the mass of bones lying in heaps on the ground. Chanyeol would blush if he could as he finally manages to sit down and stare back at Sehun. The demon guard's waving the ghost off and grinning.

And Chanyeol would narrow his eyes at Sehun, again, if he could when he sees the bench situated in the middle of the garden. Sehun looks at him in fake apology, hot fingers wrapping around Chanyeol's bony wrist and leading them towards the center.

A few hedges away, he hears his wizard laugh and he thinks it wouldn't be bad to leave his side once in a while.

Except he sees the ghost gliding a few meters away and he thinks he might've been imagining it when he sees it (she?) turn slightly pink. He slinks closer to Sehun, just for precaution.