You got me tripping (stumbling)

bursts of imagination

 

 

It was totally on a whim when Sehun and Tao dragged Jongin out of the dorms at barely eight in the morning.

“Why do I have to go along with you two?”

Jongin watches Sehun and Tao strip themselves out of their heavy coats, shrugging bit after bit of clothing until they’re only wearing their boxers and a thin shirt over their torsos.

“No.” he says, backing away from the two who’s slowly advancing on him with menacing smiles.

Jongin doesn’t like it one bit.






“Where are the others?”

Junmyeon looks around, gaze fleeting past a yawning Baekhyun to the couch on the living room - currently unoccupied.

Kyungsoo’s brow furrows as he bows his head down to stare at the plate in front of him, the one he’s supposed to give Jongin.

“Nevermind.”

A sleepy Baekhyun pretends to yawn again, hands covering the smile at Kyungsoo’s expression.






The mascots are out in the open again and this time, the members are free enough to mingle with them.

Junmyeon poses together with his mascot, even borrowing a cap from Chanyeol so they could be really identical. Kyungsoo laughs at him, the sound catching some of the fans’ attention.

It was Chanyeol’s turn to laugh when Kyungsoo awkwardly pats his own mascot, his eyes wide as he tries to smile for the cameras. He’s about to walk away and throw a punch at Chanyeol’s face when the Kai mascot waddles in front of him and stops.

Blinking in surprise, he looks around, trying to find Jongin and ask him to mingle with his own mascot. He fails, realizing that the three youngest members aren’t around. After all, this wasn’t an official schedule and they just decided to go down and have fun with the popular attraction.

Kyungsoo returns his attention to the mascot in front of him, smiling slightly because it looks cute.

The mascot’s arm twitches, a hand stiffly lifting in front of him and Kyungsoo follows it with his eyes. Flushing slightly, he reaches out a hand and touches it with the mascot, unaware that the flashes of light from the cameras are all pointing at him.

They spend the next hour mingling with the mascots, granting fans poses and cheeky comments. Throughout it all, the Kai mascot never left Kyungsoo’s side, enjoying the screams and squeals from the girls around them. Kyungsoo finds even himself laughing when the Kai mascot falls down, tripping over one of the clothing racks when he tries running after Kyungsoo who’s being dragged by Jongdae.

The members and the mascots are all called inside the changing rooms before they leave and thank yous are exchanged for the effort the people behind the costumes are giving.

“Why aren’t you taking it off?” Kyungsoo asks, eyeing the Sehun, Tao and Jongin mascots.

The three remain motionless for a few seconds before Sehun’s head pops off and rolls down the floor.

Yixing stares in amazement as Sehun comes out of his own mascot, hair drenched in sweat and shirt clinging to him from how hot it is inside.

“I swear the people wearing these should be a given a raise or something.” Tao says, emerging from the Tao mascot as well looking extremely disgruntled.

The two of them proceeds to ask the manager for a spare clothing, fanning themselves and complaining how hot and hard it was wearing the costumes.

Kyungsoo’s eyes focuses on the remaining mascot, eyes squinting. If it were possible, the Kai mascot looks like it’s sweating from the glare being directed at him.

When the mascot makes no move, Kyungsoo steps forward, ignoring the glances from the other members. He stops in front of the mascot, reaching both hands up and slowly taking off the head.

Jongin’s hair is sticking to his face, eyes crinkling as he flashes a goofy smile at the members. From behind, Chanyeol mumbles about knowing it was Jongin all along.

“I mean, he’s the only one who has the guts to stick to Kyungsoo no matter what.”

Kyungsoo’s eye twitches but he helps Jongin out of the mascot nonetheless. He’s no different from Tao and Sehun except for the smile adorning his face instead of the frown.

Shaking his head, Kyungsoo pushes Jongin towards Sehun and Tao, silently telling them to change so they could go home and spend the rest of the day relaxing.

Stepping inside the van, Jongin is quick to take the seat beside Kyungsoo, hand automatically finding Kyungsoo’s.

“You’re aware you’re not behind the mascot anymore, aren’t you?” Kyungsoo asks, glancing at Jongin and raising a brow.

“Of course.” Jongin answers confidently, throwing Kyungsoo a cheeky grin. “I could feel how warm your hand now is, hyung.”

Kyungsoo purses his lips, looks out the window instead before smiling and curling his fingers around Jongin’s.