to the city

bursts of imagination

Title: To The City
Pairing: Kai/D.O
Length: 455w
Summary: It's Kyungsoo's turn to visit Jongin and everything is just scary. Good thing Jongin is there to make it better.

 


Jongin's never been this happy to have a friend stay over for a week.

His dad had went out earlier to pick up Kyungsoo from the airport and all he could do was make sure that his room was spotless before the older boy arrives. His mom had told him that Kyungsoo would be staying in the guest room and he all but shouted that Kyungsoo will be staying in his. It was returned with a soft chuckle and a ruffle of his hair.

He hears the door open and he bounds quickly out of bed. It's almost a year since his visit to Kyungsoo's and he can't wait to see the older boy. He especially likes it because Chanyeol isn't here so he gets Kyungsoo to himself.

"Hyung!" he shouts as soon as he sees him. Kyungsoo looks a bit startled, eyes wider than usual before a grin blooms on his face and then he's waving his hand enthusiastically. He lunges for a hug and then they're rolling on the floor, momentarily forgetting they're not kids anymore.

"You're taller than me." Kyungsoo pouts when Jongin shows him his - their room. Jongin stands up proudly and nods.

"I always knew I would be taller than you." he says smugly then winces when Kyungsoo throws him a shoe.

They barely finished their lunch before Jongin was tugging Kyungsoo excitedly. He wants to show Kyungsoo around; show him how the city is. They're inside the elevator and he's still thinking up of so much more things to do when Kyungsoo's hand grips on Jongin's shirt.

Jongin turns to look at him, blinking when he sees Kyungsoo has hit lip in between his teeth, eyes wide as he stares up at the numbers counting down.

"Are you scared?" he whispers and Kyungsoo shifts to look at him. He sees the fear and confusion on the older's eyes and then he understands.

He gently pries Kyungsoo's hand away from his shirt before holding it in his hand and smiling. "It's okay to be scared, but hyung." he says, searching for Kyungsoo's eyes and grinning. "I'll always be here."

Kyungsoo doesn't say anything else but he smiles soon enough, squeezing Jongin's hand once and breathing deeply when the door opens.

"You didn't just grow taller, Jongin." Kyungsoo says when they're walking out of the building. Jongin looks back at him, unaware that he was still holding Kyungsoo's hand. "You've grown cheesier too."

Jongin burns red at this but instead of letting go, he tightens his hold on Kyungsoo's hand and walks faster.

"Just for you." Jongin whispers but Kyungsoo hears it perfectly. "But don't go being smug about it."

Kyungsoo only laughs, nodding and then he's squeezing Jongin's hand again.