catching feelings

bursts of imagination

Title: Catching Feelings
Pairing: Kai/D.O
Length: 747w
Summary: Because dance floors are too normal for Jongin and Kyungsoo

 

Could there be a possibility
I'm trying to say what's up


“What are you doing out here?”

Kyungsoo tilted his head backwards, a childish move, as he looked at Jongin upside down. The sixth year snorted as he pushed his head back upright, taking the spot next to him on the somewhat cold grass. Kyungsoo had his knees curled up to his chest, arms hugging them as he stared at the clear sky above, the moon outshining all the tiny stars on its side.

“Kyungsoo?”

“Hm?”

“What are you doing here?”

He turned his head to the side slightly, eyes blank as he admired his boyfriend’s features under the moonlight. He smiled, because he feels his heart threatening to burst at the thought of how lucky he was to have him. “Nothing.”


'Cause I'm made for you, and you for me
Baby now it’s time for us


“You’re beautiful.” He blurted out, snapping his gaze back at the sky when he felt the heat creeping up his cheeks. When he saw the younger opening his mouth, about to protest, he glanced at him pointedly. “In a manly sense, okay?”

A few more minutes of comfortable silence with Kyungsoo glancing at Jongin every few seconds – a tad bit too much than necessary.

“I wonder, Jongin, if I’m really the one for you.” He asked out of the blue, turning his head to look at the younger again. Jongin’s brows were stitched together in silent protest.

“Of course you are, hyung. How many times do I ha – “

He extended a hand and slapped it on his boyfriend’s mouth. “I know. But… did it ever crossed your mind that there might be someone out there who’s more suitable for you than me?” he asked carefully, dropping his hand on his lap.

“I love you.” The male beside him said simply. “You and only you.”

A tug on Kyungsoo’s lips and a small smile.

“I’m pretty sure you’re the only one for me, Jongin.”


Tryn’a keep it all together
But enough is enough


He abruptly stood up, smoothing away the creases on his shirt and patting his pants from the grass blades stuck on them.

“We’re going now?”

He looked down at Jongin and smiled. “No, I just wanted to stand up. My legs were getting numb.”

The sixth year just continued looking at him from his place sitting on the ground. A few seconds of silence; Kyungsoo consciously fidgeting under his stare before the other stood up too, fingers effortlessly gliding on his own arms to get rid of the coldness.

“Are you cold?” Kyungsoo worriedly bit his lip as he observed the other male’s actions.

Jongin kept quiet, content on staring at him before taking a few steps forward and closing the distance between them. “Let’s dance, hyung.”

“Eh?”

“Let’s dance.” The younger repeated, arms already catching Kyungsoo’s hands and putting them on his shoulder before his own curled around the other’s waist.

“I don’t dance. I can’t -- “ he started, panicking when he felt the other starting to sway them side to side. His hands were shaking and he unconsciously gripped the younger’s shoulder tightly, his whole body trembling from nervousness.

“Relax, hyung.”

“You can’t just tell me to relax!”

“Kyungsoo.”

That shut him up. His arms were still stiff, but younger was moving them slowly, so carefully as if he was afraid Kyungsoo would break at any time. When he wasn’t that focused on his own shaking anymore, he realized Jongin was nervous too; the younger’s lips pursed into a line as he stared at him hopefully.

“Jongin?”

The younger hummed in response, squeezing his waist reassuringly as he rested his chin on the side of his head.

“I love you.”

The bright smile the other rewarded him was worth all the panic he had earlier. It was blinding but Kyungsoo didn’t mind, as long as he’s the only who sees it. He smiled back, albeit timidly compared to Jongin, before lacing his fingers behind the younger’s neck and leaning his forehead on his shoulder. Everything was Jongin and he had no intention of leaving any amount of space for anyone else.

“They say we're too young for love..” he hummed, and he felt Jongin’s figure shake slightly from laughter. He smiled too, playfully thumping the other male on the back.

“But I'm.. “

He pulled back, leaving a small distance between them before leaning in closer, he whispered something against his lips before pressing them together.


“… catching feelings..”