illegal (aka kyungsoo's smile)

bursts of imagination

Title: Illegal (aka Kyungsoo's Smile)
Pairing: Kai/D.O
Length: 635w
Summary: Jongin's just a high school student with his heart imprisoned by Kyungsoo's smile.

 

It's five in the afternoon and a classroom door has never looked this menacing in Jongin's entire life.

He could still recall what happened four hours ago; could still feel the confidence b under his fingertips and the elation when he got what he wanted: Kyungsoo's yes.

Kyungsoo's not his boyfriend though. It was just a date. One date in exchange for Jongin helping out with the student council's dance choreography for the upcoming acquaintance party. He was actually surprised at himself for having the guts to ask for a date with the council's secretary; more so surprised when Kyungsoo actually said yes.

There's a loud, muffled sound coming from behind the door Jongin's facing and he steps back in panic, plastering his back to the opposite wall and clenching his jaw in anticipation. Kyungsoo's going to come out any minute now.

Only it's Chanyeol that comes out first when the door opened, eyes looking around before finally settling on Jongin's rigid figure. The wandering gaze quickly morphs into a glare as he walks forward and stops a few inches away from Jongin's face.

Jongin swears at himself for asking Kyungsoo out in front of the council's president, which just so happens to be Park Chanyeol.

"Don't think I'm happy about this, Kim Jongin." he whispers darkly but it's not as threatening as Jongin had imagined. Chanyeol staring at him for a few more seconds before sighing and stepping back to give Jongin his personal space back. "And don't take him to shady places. I'll know."

Jongin watches as Chanyeol turns his back to him, facing whoever it is that came out from the classroom and chatting animatedly with him. It's not until Baekhyun nudges Chanyeol did the taller male grumbles and steps aside to reveal Jongin's date.

"Hi Jongin."

Jongin just stares at Kyungsoo, at loss for what to say and Baekhyun rolls his eyes before walking next to him and thumping him in the head. "Date? Jongin?"

Oh.

"Oh. Y-Yeah." Jongin finally finds his voice but he winces almost immediately when it comes out almost as a squeak. The only thing keeping him from running is Kyungsoo's amused smile directed at him.

It's Kyungsoo who closes the distance between them, still smiling up at Jongin before waving his hand right at Jongin's face.

"You should be illegal."

Kyungsoo drops his smile and blinks in confusion at him. It takes a full five seconds for Jongin to realize what he just said and he quickly raises both hands, mouth opening as he struggles to find the right words.

"I mean- not that you're a murderer or a swindler! You know- like, you should be arrested for being cute?" He gapes. "No! Not get arrested but you're just so cute you should be banned from being too cute because you just flash these gummy smiles at everyone and it's just- just-"

Jongin slaps both his hands on his face when he runs out of words to say and he's quite sure he just ruined his chances of having a date with the love of his life. He's ready to go back into pining after Kyungsoo when he feels soft hands prying his' from his face.

"I think you should be illegal as well."

It's Kyungsoo who says it this time and Jongin's breath hitches when he sees the bright smile directed at him.

"Well then, should I turn the both of you over to the police now." Baekhyun breaks the silence and Jongin awkwardly clears his throat, ducking his head down while Kyungsoo simply laughs.

He could feel Chanyeol's judging stare from behind Kyungsoo but he's not affected seeing as Kyungsoo's still holding both of his hands.

And then he thinks prison might not be so bad when he gets to spend it with Kyungsoo.