you will always be

bursts of imagination

Title: You Will Always Be
Pairing: Kai/D.O
Length: 733w
Summary: Kyungsoo's back and Jongin's not too sure if he's still for him or not.

 

'There's always that one person that will always have your heart.'

 


Usher's voice was loud across the street and Jongin rolled his eyes, raising the volume on his mp3 louder so Chris Martin's voice would drown it out. Taemin's face swam inside his memory and he snorted in good-nature.

He's too busy humming the song blaring on his earphones; too busy skipping the small puddles of water and scrunching his nose whenever a droplet of rain hits his face that he doesn't notice the person walking in front of him - not until he bumps on the male and ends up falling on his , water immediately soaking through his jeans.

". Aren't you looking where you're going-"

"Jongin?"

His next words died down on his throat, eyes still trained on the wet pavement because he doesn't need to look up to know who's the owner of that voice. He spent a year replaying every word from that lips and up until now, he's sure he's not quite done yet with reminiscing.

"Jongin."

"What?" he bites out, ripping the earphone from his ear and stuffing them inside his jean's pocket. His is freezing but he's quite determined to stay seated on the ground pathetically than stand up and see the person in front of him.

"Are you not going to look at me?"

"Was it that obvious?"

His eyes caught the slight fidget of the person's sneakers and he fights back a smile because of course he'll settle for black and white alright. He doesn't let it show on his face though, intent on making the person leave.

When no words followed his retort, he assumed that he had been successful at expression his distaste but instead he sees knees going down until water splashes him in front making him cough because some got inside his mouth.

He's afraid to open his eyes but it's too late when his lashes blinks open and his breath gets stolen from his lungs (quite literally because he forgot to spit the water from his throat out).

"Hi."

Jongin groans, accepting defeat once he sees Kyungsoo's smiling face in front of him. It's totally unfair how the other male could look so ethereal even with his bangs sticking on his forehead, water dripping down from his hair to his chin and down some more. How can Kyungsoo look so perfect even when he's drenched because of the rain while he probably looks close to a wet hobo with stolen jeans.

"Why are you getting yourself wet?" He asks, the whine clearly heard beneath his forced annoyance and he hates himself even more when he sees Kyungsoo smiling even wider.

"So we'll match."

He just stares at the male in front of him, finally letting himself study the familiar face he hasn't seen for over a year.and a huge wave of longing floods his insides at the realization that he's really here. Kyungsoo's really here.

"I thought I told you to never contact me again." he bites out of bitterness, teeth catching his bottom lip at the end of the sentence before he looks down again.

"I didn't, remember?"

"Then why are you talking to me right now?"

"Because I'm back."

Jongin a huge breath, lifting his head again, eyes meeting Kyungsoo's sincere ones. He pouts and Kyungsoo continues. "You told me to not contact you if I went on that singing program."

He nods, fully remembering his own words and the frustration he felt when he found out that Kyungsoo still went ahead with his plans to study out of the country.

"And as far as I'm concerned, I'm already in front of you. Right here, right now." Kyungsoo added, rubbing his eyes where the water got into. "So quit sulking and give me a proper welcome back."

Jongin hesitates, hands balled into fists because he's not sure if they're still together; if they still belong to one another. But when he takes another glance at Kyungsoo's expectant stare, drenched in rain or not, he realizes that he's the stupid one for even thinking about that.

So he tugs Kyungsoo upward, raking his eyes over Kyungsoo's sweatshirt and faded jeans (who looked extremely heavy from the water) before pulling him closer and hugging him, wet clothes and all.

 


'I know we haven't seen each other in a while,

but you will always be my boo.'