wonderwall

bursts of imagination

 

"You're spacing out again." Chanyeol pokes Kyungsoo's cheek earning himself a painful jab on the waist.

"I'm not." he says forcefully before returning to staring out the window. Chanyeol rubs his side and pouts, stealing a piece of chicken nugget on Sehun's plate.

"He's not spacing out." Luhan corrects, swallowing his own food and pointing at Kyungsoo with his fork. "He's just thinking-"

"-of Jongin." Sehun supplies helpfully and Luhan nods, returning to his food again.

"But he's always thinking of Jongin." Chanyeol complains

"Exactly." Sehun and Luhan choruses and Chanyeol  pouts deeper.

It's four in the afternoon now and Kyungsoo's frowning. They were supposed to meet up at three for some late lunch but Jongin is still nowhere to be seen. The three of them glances at Kyungsoo's untouched food then back to the owner who's still busy staring outside.

"Jongin's dead meat." Sehun whispers and both Chanyeol and Luhan nods, pretty sure that Kyungsoo's already plotting ways to kill the younger male.

The door to the small restaurant opens, the bell alerting them of someone entering and Chanyeol shakes his head when he sees Jongin. Luhan abandons his seat beside Kyungsoo and sits down next to Sehun, not wanting to take the brunt of whatever painful action Jongin is about to receive.

Jongin stops beside their table, hair mussed on his obvious hurry and breath ragged.

"Hyung, I'm sorry I'm late." he says breathlessly and Kyungsoo turns around.

The three pauses, closing their eyes in fear of seeing Jongin get hit but when no sound of yelping comes out, Chanyeol chooses to crack an eye open first.

He sees Kyungsoo's face lightening up, a smile blooming on the smaller's face before he tugs Jongin down to sit beside him, kissing his cheek and whispering an 'it's okay' to the younger male. Jongin just smiles tiredly, letting Kyungsoo fix his hair.

He could hear the confusion on Sehun and Luhan beside him and he quickly stuffs his face with more of Sehun's chicken nuggets.

So this is why Kyungsoo thinks of Jongin.

A lot.