Chapter Seven - Food and Surprises

New Dreams > Old Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi hi! New chapter is up!! Much love to you all! Enjoy :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chae Min Seo's P.O.V

I walked out of a dance clothing store, arms full of bags, and was about to start walking towards a nearby restaurant when I saw a familiar figure, towering over the crowd. It was Chanyeol. I ran up to him, careful not to lose any bags, and greeted him.

"Hi Chanyeol!" I called excitedly.

He looked down at me, and smiled. I could tell something was wrong. He smile was saying he was happy, but his eyes were telling me another story.

"Gwenchana?" I asked, slightly worriedly.

"Gwenchana." he replied, "Just a little tired."

It didn't look like tiredness...

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

"Gwenchana." I replied, "Just a little tired."

I hoped she wouldn't press me any further, I didn't want to tell her about what just happened between me and my parents, as I didn't want to burden her with my petty problems.

She seemed to ponder what I'd said for a second, then brightened up.

"Well, in that case, do you want to come get some dinner with me? I was just about to go to that restaurant over there." she asked.

I was really hungry, and I liked spending time with Min Seo, so I agreed.

We walked together to the restaurant. It was one of my favourite places to eat in Hongdae(A/N: the shopping district they are now in). I grew up around here, so I know all the good places. I assumed that Chae Min Seo did too, as she had picked this place out first.

I followed her to a table and sat opposite her. She looked at me quizzically.

"So, are you going to tell me the real reason why you look so down?" she asked.

I sighed. I didn't want to hide myself from her, but at the same time didn't want to burden her.

"Come on, you won't burden me if you tell me." she said.

It was as if she knew exactly what I was thinking. Maybe I really could trust her with my problems. I decided I had nothing to lose by telling her.

"Well, if you're sure...after the audition I went back to my parents company and met with them. They completely dissapproved of my getting accepted into the company. Even though they had let me audition, they just assumed I wouldn't get in and would go and work for their company. I don't want to work for them so I said I wasn't going to do it and was going to become an idol. They said that if I left the room without agreeing to work for them I could never come back and that I would be forgotten as their son." I got it all out in one breath, as I really didn't want to go into huge amounts of detail.

Min Seo just sat there looking at me, like she was trying to read what was going on in my mind.

Suddenly, she stood up and walked around the table to hug me. She must have felt bad for me. I hated being worrying about me. I gave her a quick squeeze back and then sat back down. She went back to her seat and smiled at me.

Damn, that smile is heart-stopping. She was beautiful. I realised I was staring, and shook my head.

Wanting to change the subject I spoke,

"So, what about you? Tell me about yourself." I said, genuinly interested in what she had to say.

She cocked her head for a second, then spoke.

"Uhmmm, well I'm not from here originally. I grew up in a small area in China called Changsha, so I really know next to nothing about this place, apart from where my hotel, the SM building, and this district is. My Dad was Korean, but moved to China. My chinese name is Mei Xin, but you can still call me Min Seo, because we're in Korea." she said.

Huh, I thought she was local to Hongdae aswell.

"Well for not being from around here,  you sure can speak good Korean, and you picked a good place to eat. This is one of my favourite restaurants. Oh, and speaking of food, do you want to order now?" I asked. I guess we'd completely forgotten bout eating while we were talking.

She looked down at her menu while I called a waitress over.  The waitress said she'd come back in five minutes as they were a bit busy.

I looked back over at Min Seo, who seemed to be having trouble deciding what she wanted.

"What is gobchang?" she asked.

I smiled, she had picked out another one of my favourites.

"It's fried small intestines. It's amazing" I answered excitedly. "We can get that if you want it. Actually, I'll tell you what. Since you're new around here, we can get a whole heap of small dishes and you can try everything!"

She giggled at my excitement. "That sounds good." she smiled at me.

The waitress came and I relayed our order to her.

"One serving of each of these please; gobchang, bossam, kimchi, bulgogi, gamjatang, samgyetang, tteokbokki, ganjang gejang, chimaek, samgyeopsal, and some jajangmyeon. Thanks."

The waitress looked shocked,

"Are you going to be able to eat all of that yourselves?" she asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter