Forgiveness, and All That

Tales of the Red Lion

Everyone in class whispered and pointed when I walked in.

Bracing myself, I stiffly walked to my desk and sat down. Before my barely touched the seat, Gaesuh spun over in her seat and said in a whisper, "Alright, Ringo, start talking."

I braced myself again, waiting for the inevitable y remarks. Instead, Gaesuh had a huge smile on her face. "How did you DO it?"

"Do what?" I asked, nonplussed.

"Get Beast to notice you! That's, like, AWESOME!!! You're a legend! Nobody's ever been so close to Beast before.........and it hasn't even been a week yet!"

"Well, I......." I mumbled, feeling rather flattered. Gaesuh was actually thinking I had the ability to ATTRACT Beast? That's flattering, that is.

I was saved having to answer when the teacher walked in. "Alright class, open your books!" The teacher barked. We all moved as one.

I stared into space, thinking about my total yell-off at Beast. Maybe I was too harsh on them. I mean, they acted like any other gang would. They didn't mean to cause me all this bull, hell they probably didn't even know they did until I said so! And, honestly, they are a lot nicer and sweeter than other gangsters. And hotter, too.................

I jumped in my chair and quickly pinched my hand. What was I thinking?

Suddenly, the door slammed open. The teacher looked up.

To everyone's shock, including my own, Beast sauntered in as though they owned the place.

"B-B-Beast!" The teacher mumbled in surprise and nervousness. "W-what is it you want? We're having c-class now......."

"Shut it." Junhyung advised, smiling politely at the teacher.

I ducked my head, hoping with all my might against fate that they were here for someone else and not for me. Maybe they won't see me and they'll think I'm in another class.

I heard slow, deliberate footsteps, and I kept my head buried in my arms on my desk, my legs knocking in anticipation. Closer and closer, until the footsteps stopped right beside my desk.

I slowly looked up to Doojoon's smiling face. "Come with us."

"W-w-what?" I stammered.

"Come. With. Us." He grabbed my arm and jerked me up to my feet, then pulled me up towards the front of the classroom. My feet stumbled along helplessly. They really were strong when they put their mind to it.

"H-h-hold on!" The teacher said, trying to gain control of the situation. "Miss Saja's in class right now, you can't just barge in and take one of my students and----------"

"Oh, yes we can." Yoseob said, smiling radiantly at the teacher. "Do you remember who we are? And what we do?"

"Y-y-yes." Mr. What's-his-face mumbled shakily.

"Then you would do best to keep that mouth of yours shut or we'll shut it for you." Yoseob said sweetly. Beast dragged me out of the classroom. I caught a glimpse of Gaesuh's excited face giving me a thumbs up before the door slammed behind me.

"L-let go of me! What are you doing?" I snapped as they continued pulling me away. I had no idea where they were taking me. "Leave me alone!"

They pulled me outside and then abruptly Doojoon let go of my arm. I stopped, blinked, and looked around. We were in the parking lot. In front of me were six beautiful, black, shiny motorcycles.

Kikwang climbed onto one and started it, as did the other Beast members. It revved and roared obnoxiously.

"Hurry up and get on." Kikwang said to me.

I hesitated, staring at it nervously. "Why?"

"Just get on." Kikwang said, patting the seat behind him invitingly.

I slowly clambered behind Kikwang. "But, I've never............"

He laughed. "You've never ridden on a motorcycle before? And you call yourself a gangster?" He chuckled and said, "You better hold onto me. Or you'll fall off."

I slowly put my hands on his shoulders.

He burst out laughing, as did every other member of Beast who were watching me. "No, no." Kikwang said, grinning. "Around my waist. Like this." He took my hands and placed them around his waist.

I blushed so hard steam practically came out of my ears. "WAAAAAAAH!!!! W-W-W-WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE HERE???!!!" I yelled, frantically trying to tug my hands away from his waist, but he held them on tightly. "S-S-STOP IT!!! YOU ARE L-L-LYING, I KNOW IT!!! I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO HOLD ON TO THERE!!!!!"

Beast were laughing so hard they almost fell off their motorcycles. "Funny how innocent you can be sometimes." Kikwang said, smirking. "You're probably a ."

"S-S-SHUT UP!!!" I yelled, embarrassed.

Grinning, he turned around and said "Of course, you don't have to hold onto my waist. You could always fly off the end."

"Liar, you can't go off the-------"

Suddenly, the engine roared to life and the tires were spinning. The motorcycle shot forwards at top speed. I screamed and hugged Kikwang around the middle as tight as I could. Kikwang laughed amusedly. "You really are a cute girl."

He sped away down the road. If I turned my head slightly I could see the rest of Beast following close behind.

"So, where do you want to go?" Kikwang shouted over the wind.

"Why are you asking me?" I yelled back.

"Idiot, why do you think we made you skip?" Kikwang shouted. I was surprised to hear a trace of embarrassment in his voice. "This is for you!"

I paused, feeling the door crack open just the tiniest bit. Nobody had ever done anything for me, especially a guy.

Unable to stop the happy smile breaking across my face, I hid it by burying my face in the back of Kikwang's tight black shirt. If he noticed, he said nothing.

"It doesn't matter!" I shouted. "Just go anywhere!"

We sped off, down the road. For the first time since moving here, feeling my red hair whip around my face in the wind, laughing just for the pure joy of laughing..............for the first time, I felt like I truly belonged here.