8

Lock

YoungBae tilted his head to the side, crossing his arms. "Can she not hear me?" he asked quietly. There was no one around and the building was completely silent. Even SoRa was not humming. She repeatedly moved the cloth in a circular motion, wiping the same place over and over again.

YoungBae neared her and tapped on her shoulder. She turned in surprise, but her expression sank almost immediately. She tried to force a smile. "Hey," she greeted.

"Hey," YoungBae greeted back, pushing aside his thoughts. "You've been cleaning that spot for ever, is it that dirty?" he asked. She looked over at the glass window and slightly chuckled.

"I guess so," she answered heartlessly. she went back to cleaning the window, except this time she started wiping other places.

For few minutes, SoRa was concentrated at her work, but then her focus gradually drifted off to the argument she had with SeungHyun earlier on. Her hands slowed down and her gaze was fixed to no where. Unable to stand it, YoungBae grabbed her hand and made her face his way.

"Yo, what's up?" he asked. She only blinked, as if she didn't hear anything. "You've been weird today, did something happen?" he asked again.

SoRa blinked, thought for a second, and then finally nodded. "Oh, yeah.... Uh.... Kind of...." she answered.

"Tell me about it," YoungBae offered. She didn't respond. "Well, do you wanna tell me?" he repeated once again.

As SoRa stared at him confused, YoungBae grew afraid. He wasn't sure of this idea, but her actions told everything.

Her ears were getting worse. He didn't want to believe it, but there were more proofs to support it than proofs to deny it. He wished it was just that she wasn't feeling well or something had happened between her and SeungHyun. But that didn't seem to be the case.

"SoRa..." YoungBae called softly as he took her hand in his. They looked straight into the other's eyes. He could tell she was afraid. Of something. Something that they all didn't want to happen. "SoRa..." YoungBae called again. SoRa nodded.

"Are your ears.... Are you..... Are you going deaf?" he asked, squeezing those words out with much pain.

 

 

SoRa walked down the path alone, not heading anywhere in particular. Her feet naturally stopped in front of her apartment. She looked up and saw the lights on in her room.

"Is SeungHyun oppa home...?" she questioned quietly.

A silhouette appeared at the window, and the curtain slid to the side, revealing SeungHyun standing tall and lonely. His eyes wandered around the busy city until he brought his head downwards and saw the person staring lovingly at him.

He froze, and SoRa snapped her head away. She began walking down the path again and SeungHyun put his hands on the glass window as if he is trying to reach out for her. He disappeared from the window, the curtain swaying from side to side.

SoRa tried to erase more than what was already automatically erased in her ears. She quickened her pace and apologized numerous times as people bumped into her to get to their destinations.

SeungHyun's desperate calls of her name were blocked by the noise of people crossing between the busy streets.

 


 

Hey~~~

I actually updated on sunday~~ kind of proud of myself -v-

How's your weekend~??

 

Please feel free to leave a comment, and I will reply~~^^