11

Lock

SoRa's tears flowed down nonstop. SeungHyun didn't know what to do. He wanted to hug her, comfort her, make her laugh, but he couldn't find the right words to say. He stayed where he was, frozen, processing the words.

He finally, very slowly, stretched his arm and landed his hand on SoRa's shoulder. His other arm followed suit, turning SoRa around to face him. Her cheeks were wet from the tears. But she smiled. Although it was faint, it was assuring.

SeungHyun carefully wiped her tears with his thumbs. SoRa closed her eyes at his soft touch. She sniffed, and SeungHyun warmly embraced his arms around her petite body.

"I'll be your ear..." he whispered into her ear. "I'll be your ear..... So please... stay by my side...."

As if she had heard what he had said, SoRa nodded in his chest. A tear rolled down SeungHyun's cheek. It plopped down onto SoRa's shoulder.

"Are you crying?" SoRa asked. SeungHyun shook his head sideways enough that she could tell what he was doing.

SoRa pulled out of the hug, and cupped her handsome boyfriend's face with her small hands. She smiled as she wiped his tears the same way he did for her.

"Don't cry, oppa. You look better smiling," she said. SeungHyun nodded and closed his eyes.

He leaned in until their foreheads met. SoRa closed her eyes as well. Although no words were spoken, they knew exactly what the other was thinking. It was as if they were using some kind of telepathic power to communicate.

 

"We're home~" SoRa announced as she walked inside. SeungHyun chuckled and locked the door behind him.

"SoRa, wash up fir-" SeungHyun stopped. "Right, forgot," he scratched his head. He set the bags down in the living room.

He tapped SoRa's shoulder, and she turned around. After thinking for a second, SeungHyun pointed at SoRa.

"You," he said as he pointed. "Wash up," he continued, gesturing to wash his hair and body. "First," he finished, putting his index finger up to indicate the number one.

SoRa happily nodded. "You look so funny doing that oppa," she joked.

SeungHyun reached his arm out, but before he could ruffle her hair, she ran into the bathroom, laughing. She stuck her tongue out playfully and closed the door. SeungHyun chuckled.

"That girl, really..." he murmured happily.

 

When SoRa closed the door, she leaned her back against it, and covered with her hands. Tears uncontrollably rolled down. She slid down until she sat on the cold tile floor.

"Oppa......." she called quietly. "I can't hear you....... I'm sorry....."

Her quiet sobs echoed in the bathroom.

 

SeungHyun sank down onto the couch and sighed deeply. He covered his face with his hands. His phone rang, and he picked it up.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Hello? Wow, hyung, are you okay? Are you crying? What happened?" JiYong questioned from the other line, concerned.

"JiYong ah....." SeungHyun called. "SoRa's deaf....."

There was a moment of silence. JiYong processed the words and finally spoke again. "So...?"

"I don't know what to do..... I saw this coming, but when it actually happens, I'm just so lost....." SeungHyun confessed.

JiYong sighed. "Straighten up, man!" he yelled. Surprised, SeungHyun almost dropped his phone.

"SoRa is more lost than you are, okay? You have to be strong and lead her, you got that? So quit crying," JiYong scolded.

SeungHyun, taken back, blinked. Then he breathed deeply while closing his eyes. When he opened his eyes again, they were determined.

"I know," he told his friend.

"Alright. Look, I'll help in everyway possible so call me anytime," JiYong said.

"Thanks man," SeungHyun said. JiYong laughed.

"It's weird to hear you say that. Man, how much SoRa can do to you," JiYong chuckled.

"Choi SeungHyun," he called.

"Yeah?" SeungHyun replied.

"You're whipped. Hwaiting," JiYong told his friend.

 

SeungHyun looked into SoRa's face, worried. SoRa swallowed, then her expression brightened up.

"JJANG!!!!!" she exclaimed.

Relieved, SeungHyun sighed. He put his hands together and brought a spoonful of the tofu soup into his mouth. He grinned proudly.

"Oppa, I didn't know you could cook tofu soup so well," SoRa said.

"Of course," he said, while he pointed at himself with his thumb. SoRa chuckled.

They kept eating, joking once in a while. SeungHyun had to put all of his words into gestures, which SoRa could not understand sometimes. But he kept trying until she finally understood. It was tiring and required tons of patience, but SeungHyun didn't care. He was determined to keep doing so if it made SoRa laugh.

He had once heard that deaf people often give up on speaking as well, and he was glad SoRa didn't do so. She was willing to speak and talk as if nothing was wrong.

He was going to do whatever it takes to keep SoRa safe and sound by his side.

 


 

Hey~~~~

Sorry, the chapter was a bit long...

JIYONG~~~~~~ SEUNGHYUN~~~~~~~~ feels man, feels.....

 

Please feel free to comment anytime, and I will reply^^