37

Lock

As SoRa slowly opened her eyes, they met JiYong's. He wore a worried expression, and he moved his lips asking if she was okay. SoRa managed to nod but not smile with it. To be exactly honest, she was not okay. But she had to be. She had to be strong when SeungHyun was weak, just like now. She had to be prepared for when SeungHyun falls. For now, though, all she could do was wait silently until this storm passed.

"Of course, father had seen this coming," HyeYoon continued. "If you weren't interested in coming home, then he wanted to at least offer financial support. You stopped working at the music store and I'm sure SoRa stopped working too. It's going to be difficult to have a living without money."

"No need," SeungHyun replied immediately. "The government provides money."

"But that's only the minimal amount you need to eat and shower. You won't be able to have fun," HyeYoon pointed out. "You won't be able to go to dates, or go see a movie, or go out for a nice dinner, or buy the pretty clothes."

SeungHyun opened his mouth to say something, then shut it tight. He knew all of this even without his sister telling him about it. He was ready for it and gave up on trying to live normally like other people when he was lying on his bed in the hospital, his eyes providing him a view of pure darkness. However, thinking about SoRa, he couldn't help feeling sorry. Not for himself, but for SoRa and their future. Even if their future was not dazzling, it was supposed to be a merry one. Everything was ruined. Simply because of one accident.

"SeungHyun ah, this is not just a matter of you. It has to do with your future and SoRa's future, too," HyeYoon said. I know, SeungHyun replied in his mind. After a sigh, HyeYoon ended the discussion. "Contact me or someone from the house when you change your mind."

She took the last sip of her coffee, and prepared to leave. Picking up one neatly decorated bag, she handed it to SoRa. "I saw it in a window display and I thought it would look great on you," she explained. "It's nothing expensive or fancy, so please, feel free to wear it whenever."

SoRa blinked at the sudden gift and looked up at SeungHyun as if to ask for his permission. Seeing that he didn't say anything, SoRa finally reached her hands out to take the bag. "Thank you so much, unnie," she thanked with a warm smile. HyeYoon smiled back.

"Well, I'm going to have to excuse myself now. Sorry for intruding without a warning." HyeYoon bowed and headed towards the exit. SoRa stood up and bowed back, but did not follow her to the door. She was not going to let go of SeungHyun's hand. If she let go then, she had a feeling that he would disappear. SeungHyun, on the other hand, did not move a finger. He stood still, like a statue. So JiYong got up instead and escorted her out.

 

"Why didn't you tell him that his father collapsed when he heard his son got in an accident?" JiYong asked as they approached HyeYoon's car. 

HyeYoon smiled, although it almost looked as if she was about to cry. "SeungHyun doesn't need to know that. There's already enough going on in his mind, especially about SoRa. He knows there needs to be something done to make their future bright again. He's a smart kid; he doesn't need a heartbreaking story to decide what is best for the two of them."

JiYong sighed and chuckled. "He's not a kid anymore, you know. He's already 24."

"Please, he's still a little kid to me and his parents," HyeYoon replied sarcastically as she got on the car. She the engine and opened the window. "Take good care of them, JiYong. We're counting on you."

As she drove away, JiYong waved until the car disappeared. "I will, don't worry," he told the empty air.

 


Hey~

HyeYoon is such a nice person -w- I wish I could be like her OTL

So... olympics lol. Are you guys watching it?? Which countries are you rooting for??

 

Please feel free to leave a comment, and I will reply~^^