36

Lock

"DaeSung sshi, how do you know Choi HyeYoon?" SeungHyun asked, his eyes glued on DaeSung, who was nodding to himself. Everyone else also brought their attention to him.

"Oh, I actually don't know who it is," DaeSung replied. Everyone's eyes dilated at his response, dumbfounded. "I just found a small guitar keychain that SeungHyun hyung left behind once at the shop. I looked at the back of it, and there were words carved into it. It was something like 'Dear my' something.... The word was crossed out so I couldn't figure out what is was. Her name was there at the end."

"The one that was on SeungHyun's phone?" SeoNam asked, and DaeSung nodded. "Ah, so that's what it was..."

After a brief moment of silence, YoungBae posed a question that had been bothering him. "If they were close and she's been trying to get in touch with him, she'd want to go visit him right?" Another silence fell upon the room. Though they believed HyeYoon would not cause any harm to either SeungHyun or SoRa, they could not help worry that something was going to go wrong.

 

HyeYoon straightened her back again, and naturally everyone followed suit. JiYong glanced over at SoRa, who was trying her hardest to keep calm. SeungHyun brought his arm off of SoRa and moved it down below the table, reaching out for SoRa's hand. They held hands, both of them gripping on the other's tightly. "It's going to be okay," the hands said, to the other and to themselves.

"Long story short, father wants you home," HyeYoon finally spoke in midst of the heavy atmosphere.

"I'm not going back," SeungHyun declared, his hand tightening the grip on SoRa's hand. HyeYoon sighed and JiYong glanced back and forth between SoRa and HyeYoon. 

As if she knew his response beforehand, HyeYoon did not waste anytime in replying. "You might not believe it, but he's very worried about you. Especially now that you have become blind." She took a short breath, then continued. "He wants to take you in and provide you a comfortable environment to live in. He also said he wants to apologize to you for what he's done and said in the past."

SoRa glanced up at SeungHyun, who was now clenching his teeth quietly, without anyone knowing, but SoRa knew. Still, she did not say anything. She knew this was not a time for her to speak, and the same applied to JiYong. They knew their places and all they could do was wait patiently until this storm passed. They looked at each other for a brief moment, where JiYong slightly nodded to her. She nodded back and brought her focus back to the conversation, but also placing her other free hand on top of SeungHyun's. His hand loosened the grip as he felt SoRa's hands embracing his. 

"Actually, he wanted to come here today but he knew you wouldn't let him in, so I came instead," HyeYoon explained. "If it's me, then at least you won't chase me away. Mom also wanted to tag along but you wouldn't talk to her either." After a brief moment of silence, she said, "Everyone misses you. Just come home, even if it is to tell them you don't want to go take the offer. Let them see your face-"

"Shut up," SeungHyun quietly said. HyeYoon stopped, surprised. "Shut up, shut up, shuT UP!" He nearly screamed at the end, and SoRa shut her eyes tight. She couldn't hear him, but she knew there was something boiling up in him. Seeing that SoRa was not doing anything, JiYong decided to observe silently as well, preparing to stop him when things get out of hand.

"Everyone misses me? You mean, those people miss me?" SeungHyun demanded, scoffing. "They opposed my dream, they forced me to go to that stupid school, they didn't approve my relationship with SoRa, and they even talked ba-" He stopped, realizing SoRa was there, next to him. He couldn't see her, but he knew she was shutting her eyes firmly, shutting out the whole world around her. So he took a deep breath, clenching his teeth even harder. "I don't consider them my family, I'm sorry."

Taken back, HyeYoon froze. It was the first time she had seen her brother so furious. Even as a child, he was never so expressive or emotional. He held back his emotions as their father told him to be strong since birth. When they got in a fight, he would always apologize first and avoid further conflict. She always told him to say what he wanted to say, but he simply laughed it off. But now, SeungHyun, whom didn't scream a single bit when arguing with his father. 

"Choi SeungHyun," HyeYoon managed to say solidly. SeungHyun flinched a the sudden call of his name; it had been so long since she last called his name tht way. "Don't ever say that they are not your family. You know they did all that thinking it was the best for you." 

"But it wasn't the best for me, you know that," he replied like a young child. "Plus, if they wanted to see me, they could've at least visited me at the hospital."

"You would've refused to let them in," HyeYoon said.

"Well they could see that coming," SeungHyun shot back. "You say it's the thought that counts, but that's all they do - think."

At this point SeungHyun was ready to stand up and slam the table, SoRa knew. What kept him from doing so was her. She understood very clearly the reason why he was refraining himself. She could let his hand go and let him freely do what he wanted to do. Still, he wouldn't do it. As long as she was there, SeungHyun will never cross the line. But if she did nothing, SeungHyun would suffer even more. He would blame himself that he scared her. He would worry that she might cry. He would regret behaving childishly. He would overthink how to make up for his mistakes. 

"SeungHyun, I didn't say I was finished talking," HyeYoon said, her determined eyes piercing through SeungHyun's.

 


Hey~

Sorry, this chapter became so long >__<;; 
I don't think I'd be able to act patiently like SoRa and JiYong if I was in their situation... I'd probably run out the room before I get suffocated .__.

Please feel free to leave a comment, and I will reply~^^