40

Lock

SoRa was washing the dishes when her watch and cell phone buzzed. Wiping her hands dry on her apron, she pulled her phone from the pocket and unlocked it. There was a new message from DaeSung. 

Noona, do you know someone named Ahn TaeKyung? He's at our store right now and is asking for you.

"Ahn TaeKyung..." SoRa said to herself, trying to recall where she had heard the name before. It definitely sounded familiar as she kept repeating his name, until she finally remembered. "Tae Oppa?!" She hurriedly tapped on her phone and sent a reply to DaeSung.

 

It had not even been half an hour since SoRa had replied to DaeSung when the doorbell rang. SeungHyun walked up to the inter phone on the wall. "Who's there?" he asked, pressing the button that connected to the person who rang the bell.

"Um," the person answered. It was a man and there was a hint of hesitation and shock in his voice. "This is where Yoon SoRa lives, correct?" he asked.

Suspicious, SeungHyun did not answer immediately. "...Who are you again?" he asked back. Just then, SoRa came out from the bathroom and SeungHyun called for her, releasing the button on the phone. "Do you know this man?" SeungHyun asked as SoRa came over next to him. As soon as she looked into the screen, her face brightened up and she dashed to the door.

"Tae Oppa!" SeungHyun heard SoRa exclaim, and guessed that she hugged the person. 

"SoRa!! I missed you!" the man replied, obviously happy. Sighing, SeungHyun walked toward the entrance, his hand never leaving the wall.

"Would you like to invite the guest into the house by any chance, Miss?" SeungHyun suggested as he leaned against a wall at the entrance. 

"Oh, right! Come in, oppa," SoRa excitedly told the guest. The sound of "oppa" echoed in SeungHyun's mind, as he has almost never heard his girlfriend call anyone but him that name. "Right this way~" SoRa said, showing the way to the living room. In the midst of that, SoRa took SeungHyun's arm and also aided him toward the table in the room and sat him down, relieving him that she had not forgotten about his existence. 

When everyone settled down and SoRa had brought coffee for each person, TaeKyung began speaking.

"It's been a really long time," he started, his eyes only on her. "You've become a beautiful lady now, I almost didn't recognize you when you flew the door open." He smiled, watching SoRa read what he had just said. She blushed a little and smiled cheekily, thanking him. The way she looked a bit downward when she felt shy and the way she grinned had not changed since they last met.

"You became even taller, oppa," SoRa replied, chuckling. "You were already a giant back then." TaeKyung laughed, nodding in agreement. Then, SoRa took a quick glance at SeungHyun and smiled. "I forgot to introduce you two. TaeKyung oppa, this is Choi SeungHyun, my boyfriend. SeungHyun oppa, this is Ahn TaeKyung, my childhood friend from the orphanage. You two are the same age!"

SeungHyun finally relaxed, releasing all the force from his shoulders. He smiled, though awkwardly, and reached his hand out. "Nice to meet you," he said. TaeKyung blinked, as he had heard from DaeSung that he is rather unfriendly. However, he smiled immediately and shook the hand that was somehow straight in front of him. 

"I've only heard rumors about you at the store, but you really are handsome," TaeKyung said as they released each other's hands. SeungHyun's eyebrows furrowed a little, so TaeKyung explained, "I've shopped at your shop before. Actually, that is how I got here too." SeungHyun nodded, smiling a little.

"Ah, you must have heard from DaeSung about this place," SoRa suggested, and TaeKyung nodded. 

"I've been wanting to get in touch with SoRa since I've left the orphanage," TaeKyung began, taking a sip of coffee. He put the cup down, his thumb tracing the rim of the cup. "I was worried whether you'd be okay once I left that place. I went back there about four years ago, but you'd already moved out. They told me where you moved to, but you weren't there so I had no way of reaching you."

"I guess you guys were close," SeungHyun spoke, trying his hardest not to sound rude. 

"Yup! TaeKyung oppa was the first person who talked to me at the orphanage, although I can't really remember the first time we met," SoRa answered, smiling. "He was always looking after me and was like a big brother to me. I even cried a little when he moved out."

After briefly catching up with the events from the past six years that they had been apart, TaeKyung raised the question he had been wanting to ask since he left the music store.

"SoRa, do you by any chance... remember your father?" SoRa blinked as TaeKyung looked straight into her eyes.

 



Hey~

Sorry for not updating last week >__<; 

Any kdrama lovers out there?? I've started W and Let's Fight Ghost and Cinderella and the Four Knights..... What are your favorites??

 

Please feel free to leave a comment, and I will reply~^^