23

Lock

SeungHyun stepped out of the shower, and SoRa handed him a warm towel. He began drying himself, when he noticed something.

"Did you change the softener?" he asked, sniffling the towel. SoRa blinked, surprised at the fact that he noticed.

"Yes! Doesn't it smell nice?" SoRa answered cheerfully. SeungHyun chuckled and continued wiping.

"Yeah, it smells like... the sea," he said. He finished drying, and SoRa took the towel.

"Wow, your sense of smell is daebak," she complimented, handing him his clothing.

"Are you just making fun of me?" SeungHyun joked, putting his clothes on. SoRa watched carefully, making sure he does not get anything wrong.

When they started, this process was a bit embarrassing for them. But as they knew there was no better way, they got used to it. They had to do almost everything together, including bathing. At first, SoRa had to do everything for him. Soon, SeungHyun memorized where everything was, and now he could bathe on his own. SoRa waited outside the bathroom with a towel and clothes.

They even had to get new clothes. Button-up shirts were too difficult for SeungHyun, and SoRa gave up anything with buttons or belts as well. They got simple t-shirts and pants that were easy to put on, like sweatpants. SeungHyun gave up his keyboard and music player to make more money. He thought he would not be able to play them, and SoRa would not be able to hear them, so why bother keeping it.

The two of them gave up many things, but there were things they could not let go of. SoRa kept the dress SeungHyun bought for her, although he could not see her wearing it. SeungHyun kept his guitar, although SoRa could not hear him playing it. Those items held such deep meanings and memories.

 

"YoungBae sshi," SeungHyun called to the man wiping the window.

"Oh, yes sir," YoungBae answered, turning around to face the son of his boss. They both slightly bowed as SeungHyun approached him.

"It must be hard for you, doing everything on your own," SeungHyun sympathized, handing him a can of hot coffee.

They sat down against the big glass window, and opened the coffee cans. The bitter drink tinkled in their throats, causing the two men to make faces.

"It's nothing, compared to what SoRa is going through," YoungBae finally said, staring at the aluminum can. He quietly tapped the can with his index finger. "I kind of do miss her though," he confessed.

"Me too," SeungHyun agreed. "If there's anything I can do to help, I would gladly do it," he said. YoungBae nodded.

The two of them sat in silence for a while, reflecting over the past events. They came too sudden, took so much away, and yet they were so incomprehensible. Nothing that happened was fair. They ruined the lives of two beautiful people, and destroyed so much for those around them.

Suddenly, YoungBae's expression brightened up. "SeungHyun sshi," he called. "I heard about this program that's sponsored by the government and it's supposed to help people with disabilities."

"Oh, I think I've heard of that too!" SeungHyun replied. "The government provides those people with money and modes of transportation in the worst cases. And people who became disabled due to an accident can earn more benefits."

"How about we look into it?" YoungBae suggested.

"That's great! And if it's something good, we can introduce it to SoRa sshi and SeungHyun sshi!" SeungHyun agreed.

"I'll tell this to DaeSung sshi too. He's close to SeungHyun sshi," YoungBae added, and SeungHyun nodded in approval.

 


Hey~~~~~

Sorry, the first part of the chapter was a bit awkward... O_O

The other characters (other than JiYong) will be appearing again~~ Yay~~

 

Please feel free to comment, and I will reply~~~^^