31

Lock

Everyone got off the car after an hour-and-a-half drive, stretching their arms and legs. SoRa, supporting SeungHyun by the arm, gasped at the sight.

"Wow, this is our house?" she asked in disbelief.

"It sure is," JiYong replied, smiling proudly.

The house was not big, it was rather small, and its white walls and blue roof gave off a cool vibe. It was a modern house with verandas and big windows, and there was a spacious lawn in front the house. There were no steps, as it was designed to aid people with disabilities, instead there was a slope not too steep leading to the brown steel door. Fences were built around the lawn, guarding the owners of the house from intruders. 

"Is it pretty?" SeungHyun asked.

"Yes! It's very pretty!!" SoRa, after knowing what he said, answered with excitement. She explained everything she saw, until the very last detail, while SeungHyun nodded and smiled peacefully.

"Shall we go inside?" YoungBae suggested. 

"SoRa is already excited from looking at it from the outside. Can she handle seeing the interior?" JiYong joked, ruffling SoRa's hair. Everyone laughed, and SoRa was confused, but when she saw SeungHyun laughing, she laughed along.

The inside was as lovely as the outside. The entrance and the actual flooring did not have a step in between, making it easier to go in and out of the house. After taking off their shoes, everyone stepped inside, gazing around the new house. The clean wooden floor spread throughout the house, welcoming the guests and connecting every room. The living room had been set up just like the one from their prior apartment, assuring that this was where they belonged. 

SoRa moved on into the kitchen, examining the white cabinets, tracing the sparkling tile counters with her finger. Nothing was too tall nor short; everything was just right.

"SoRa sshi, do you mind telling me what you see? You kind of left me here," SeungHyun said.

"Ah, sorry oppa, I forgot," SoRa answered, creating a whirl of laughter.

JiYong tapped SoRa's shoulder and gestured to look around the room. He then went over to SeungHyun, entangling his arm with his tall friend's.

"Sorry oppa, I won't leave you alone anymore. The house is lovely!!" JiYong exclaimed, trying to imitate SoRa. SeungHyun shook him off at once, making others laugh.

"I think you got the wrong person, JiYong sshi," he replied, and JiYong pouted.

"Oppa, you won't shake me off, right~??" DaeSung joined, following JiYong's act. Of course, he was shaken off as well.

"You both are pretty, but I only have eyes for SoRa, so please, give up," SeungHyun said. 

"Oppa, you're so mean!" JiYong and DaeSung continued, earning big laughs from SeoNam and SeungHyun.

In the meantime, YoungBae caught up with SoRa, who was now inspecting the bedrooms. He waited at the door, watching his formal coworker open and close every closet, getting amazed each time. He leaned against the door frame, his feelings at ease.

"Oh, YoungBae sshi! Sorry, I didn't notice you there," SoRa finally said, turning her head in his direction. He smiled and shook his head sideways as to say it's okay. He then moved his hands in a way SoRa recognized.

"Did you learn sign language?" she asked. He nodded shyly, and made a gesture that he only knew a little. Surprised, SoRa clapped with a bright smile. "That's so cool!!"

YoungBae scratched the back of his head timidly. Then he repeated his initial gesture, asking how she liked the house.

"I love it! The outside is beautiful and the inside is so comfortable! I wish we found this place earlier," SoRa said, looking around the room. Her eyes stopped at the window as she gazed into the distant blue sky. The sunlight from the outside shined behind her, making her figure more beautiful yet melancholy.

"I wish SeungHyun oppa could see this," she said quietly. "But It's alright. I'm sure he likes it."

YoungBae opened his mouth to say something, his hand reaching out to her thin figure. 

Right then, JiYong and DaeSung called for them from the living room, and YoungBae retreated his hand, letting it hang beside him. He tapped SoRa's shoulder and gestured her to head to the living room. She smiled and obeyed, leaving him behind.

"What was I thinking...?" YoungBae scoffed, shaking his head sideways in amusement. "You can never reach her, Dong YoungBae..." he told himself, clenching his palm into a fist.

 



Hey~~~

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING >_<;;;;;; Testing season has ceased a bit...

Thanks to all your love and support, I now have 270 subscribers, and more than 40 for this story alone!!!! Although I am not that experienced, as an author it is really really encouraging to see the notification of a new subscriber. 
I will try my best not to disappoint you, and I will try even harder to update more often. 
Thank you so much!!!!!!!

Please feel free to leave a comment, and I will reply~^^