14

Lock

SeungHyun scanned around the large meeting room, meeting eyes with every person. The wooden table was round and there were seats all around it, everyone in face of someone else. Dim sunlight sleeked through the wide windows, providing just enough natural light to reveal the faces gathered around the table.

"Thank you very much for coming on such a short notice," SeungHyun bowed.

"If it weren't for the president's son, we wouldn't be here," one employee said.

"So, why were we called here?" another asked.

SeungHyun glanced over at the other SeungHyun, who was seated next to him. He stood up and bowed. YoungBae met his eyes with the two of them, worried. They slightly nodded at each other, and the two SeungHyun's turned to the others.

"My name is Choi SeungHyun. It is a pleasure to meet you all," SeungHyun bowed. There were few whispers at the mention of his name, but quickly died down. SeungHyun continued, "I am Yoon SoRa's boyfriend."

Gasps were heard everywhere, followed by silence. No one moved as they sealed their lips tightly together. Eyes swam across nervously on everyone's face, except for the man calmly sitting in the best chair, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

He leaned in slowly, held his hands together and put it on the table, and looked at the two SeungHyun's.

"And what brings you here?" he asked demandingly.

"Father, I have mentioned this before. It is about the employees' treatment of SoRa sshi," Lee SeungHyun spoke.

"I have come to ask few questions to everyone, including you, sir," Choi SeungHyun explained as he glanced around the room once again. He could see many workers gulping or avoiding his eyes.

"May I?" he asked.

A stinging silence fell as the atmosphere grew more tense every second. SeungHyun's father and SoRa's boyfriend stared at each other, searching for trust. After finding the passion in SeungHyun's eyes, the president sank back into his leather chair, arms crossed again.

"The floor is yours," the president said, smiling meaningfully.

 

"He's fine. Nothing bad will happen," JiYong showed his tablet to SoRa. She nodded, eyebrows lifted helplessly, lips forming a faint smile.

JiYong reached his hand on her hair, tucking the side strands behind her ear. He smiled softly, and she nodded. She closed her eyes as she slightly leaned her face onto JiYong's hand.

"JiYong-ah," SoRa called softly. JiYong tapped his finger on her face to tell her that he was listening. "SeungHyun oppa means so much to me... He was the first one to see me for who I am. He was the first one who accepted and cared for me." JiYong nodded, his expression slightly darkening.

"If he wasn't there for me all this time, I wouldn't be here. I want to tell him how thankful I am. I can't lose him until I pay him back," SoRa quietly said.

She opened her eyes, noticing the hand trembling against her cheek. Her eyes widened at the sight of her friend smiling painfully at her. JiYong stared right into her honest eyes, not removing his cold hand from her warm skin. SoRa could not escape, it was as if she was paralyzed, his eyes piercing her down to the carpet floor.

"What if he wasn't the first one?" he asked quietly. Of course, there was no response, except for SoRa's confused expression. Still, he continued.

"What if he was the second one that saw you as who you are, who accepted and cared for you...?"

SoRa's face only grew more confused, unable to read JiYong's lips that moved so slightly. She tried to reach out her hand to his tensed face, when he suddenly pulled her into a tight hug.

"Ji-JiYong-ah?" SoRa called, surprised.

He gripped onto her back until the shirt became wrinkly. Without responding, he shed tired tears and sank his face into her petit shoulder. SoRa quietly wrapped her arms around him as well, soothing his back with one hand.

"I'm the first one..." JiYong confessed, his voice unable to reach his best friend's girlfriend.

 

"Is it all true?" the president asked quietly when the two SeungHyun's finished their detailed explanation of what could have been the cause of Yoon SoRa's overwhelming stress.

"Yes, at least from my perspective," YoungBae answered confidently. The president gave a nod in approval, and looked around at his other employees.

"I asked, if it is all true!" the president raised his voice, banging a fist onto the table. Everyone jumped in surprise, even his own son, at the sudden burst of anger. The table rattled, adding more tenseness in the air. "Even if it is not to be true," he continued, his voice now back to his usual calm tone. "Every person in here has some explanation to do, understood?"

Everyone looked down as they tried avoiding their boss' sharp glare. Choi SeungHyun gulped, almost suffocated by the atmosphere.

 


 

Hey~~~~

I cannot express how sorry I am for not updating for... over a month now? I am truly sorry.
Did you forget the story? ^^;;
Thank you for reading ^^


Please feel free to leave a comment and I will reply~^^