We must have a pie, Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.

The 30 Day love curse.

My face flushed bright red as ilhoon moved his lips against my motionless ones. I didn’t know what to do; everyone was watching a couple of the guys were even cheering! I knew nothing else to do so I bit down hard on ilhoon’s lip making him his shoving me backwards away from him breaking the kiss. My hand went automatically to my mouth covering my lips.

“Yah…you bit me!” ilhoon said in shock. He wiped his bottom lip and blood came away on his hand where my teeth had broken the skin. “You actually bit me!” he said laughing in disbelief. I felt tears in my eyes and I looked away wiping frantically trying to hide the fact that I was crying.

“You pabo.” I mumbled, my voice was filled with the sound of tears. I grabbed the drink that was on the pool table beside me and I through it at ilhoon soaking the front of his shirt with it. the whole bar seemed to go silent now.

“What’s going on here!” a loud voice boomed. I looked up to see an older man with greying hair coming over rushed through the crowd of on lookers. I knew right away who he was from the uncanny resemblance to his son. “Ilhoon-ah…what’s going on here?” he said placing his hand on his son’s shoulder. Ilhoon looked up at him before shaking his head. “Miss…can I ask why you did this?” he said to me kindly. It just made me furious, he was thinking I was at fault here when it was actually his jerk son for steeling my kiss!

“Your son gave me no choice.” I said mimicking what ilhoon had said to me right before I kissed him. “He broke rule number two, breaking rules deserve a punishment right?” I said cocking a brow.

“I…I’m sorry I don’t quite understand…” he said confused. “You know…I think everyone’s had just a little too much to drink, I think we all just need to cool off.” he said trying to defuse the situation. “Mian, I’m going to ask you to leave.” he said giving me a small bow. I laughed bitterly.

“NO PROBLEM.” I said in my thickly accented English. I moved shoving past ilhoon making him stumble as I headed out the front of the bar. It was dark outside now; I had been there for a while. I looked around not quite sure where I was so I just chose a direction and started walking.  “Stupid idiot, what was the point in making the rules then huh!” I yelled angrily. “Argh, that’s it…this was a stupid idea…i’m fake breaking up with my fake boyfriend!” I said stomping my foot and turned around only to stop when I saw someone laughing at me. “Ji-hoon-ssi?” I said in shock. did he hear me? of course he did I was practically screaming it to the world.

“Mian…I saw you walking and thought it was too late for you to be alone.” He said calming down his laughter.

“Oh…hehehe…” I laughed nervously. “I looked a little crazy just now huh?” I said embarrassed about my talking to myself.

“Anni, I thought you looked cute.” He said coming to stand closer to me. “Can I ask what’s wrong?” I sighed looking down.

“Just that I have the worst luck with idiot boys.” I grumbled grumpy. This made ji-hoon laugh again.

“Consider your luck changing.” He said charmingly. “I’ll walk you home, see you found some luck in one idiot boy.” He said pointing to himself making me giggle.

“Komawo, but you really don’t have to trouble yourself.” I said thankfully.

“Oh no, it’s no trouble at all, I actually enjoy walking you home.” he said placing his hand on his abdomen making a triangle with his elbow. “Madam.” He said smirking. I grinned and hooked my arm with his.

“Thank you sir.” I said cutely as he started walking.

 

I woke the next morning feeling a little better than I had the day before. Ji-hoon had walked me all the way home giving me plenty of time to be with him, it put my mood in a much better state. I got ready for school humming the whole time cheerfully. I placed my hair into two braided pig tails and placed a clip to pin my bangs back in the middle of my head making a little bump. I decided to wear some shorts and a long plaid shirt matched with a long jacket with the sleeves rolled up.  

“Morning eungi!” the street vendor called as I passed. I grinned happily running over to him.

“Can I get two orders of steamed buns?” I asked holding up two fingers. He grinned nodding as he prepared my orders handing them over. Grinning I smelled the bag happily before heading off to school swinging the bag as I went.  I reached the school and saw it was pretty crowded today, I guess more people had classes on a Thursday then other days of the week. humming I made my onto campus swinging the bag happily as I went.

“Why are you in such a good mood?” I turned to the voice to see ilhoon and peniel leaning against the school wall. Ilhoon had a hat on his head tugged down blocking his face from the sun and a pair of sunglasses on his face.

“Omo…do you have a hangover?” I asked smugly. “Serves you right.” I said sticking my tongue out at him. he made a face moving like he was going to hit me but gagged before he could do anything. I laughed pointing at him.

“What’s that?” he said reaching to snatch the bag from the hand I was pointing at him with. I yanked It away before he could get at it.

“I can tell you what it isn’t.” I said smartly. “It’s not for you.” ilhoon gave me a glare. “If you must know, I’ve giving it to ji-hoon oppa for walking me home yesterday.” I said puffing up my cheeks as I looked at the bag happily.

“Yah…how can you make that face about another boy?” ilhoon said pointing at me. “You’re supposed to be my girlfriend…so unloyal.” He said crossing his arms over his chest. I shrugged turning away to leave. “Y-yah!” he said shocked when I ignored him and skipped happily away.

“Oh ji-hoon-ssi!” I called waving when I saw him walking with a couple friends. He smiled waving back to me. I hurried over to him as he shooed his friends away.

“Hey, what’s up?” he asked stopping in front of me. I grinned holding out the bag to him.

“I bought these for you as a thank you for walking me home last night.” I said chirpily.

“Oh, Komawo.” He said accepting the bag. He looked inside chuckling. “There’s two, do you want to share them with me?” he said pulling one out an offering it to me. I nodded accepting it. He looked around like he was searching for something. “Mmmm, hold this.” He said handing me the bag. Confused I took it and watched as he slipped out of his jacket and spread it out on the ground before sitting down on it. He looked up patting the other half of the jacket. “Sit down, we can’t eat breakfast standing up.” he said grabbing my wrist and tugged me to sit down beside him. I sat a little on the bare ground to give us some space between us, I didn’t want to seem like I was clinging to him. “Aigooo, you’re going to get dirty, scoot closer.” he said wrapping an arm behind me and pulling me closer. I felt my face blush at the contact but just looked down and nibbled at my bun.

“Did you get ilhoon breakfast?” he said after taking a bite of the bun. I looked up to him a little shocked. “Well I mean he’s your boyfriend…wouldn’t he be mad you got me something and not him?” he cocked a brow looking at me cutely.

“A-anni, I didn’t get him anything. He doesn’t deserve breakfast from me.” I said sulking. Ji-hoon just nodded and took another bite of breakfast.

"You know, i think you look increasingly stressed these days..." ji-hoon said looking at me evenly. "i think we should go out for pie..." i looked at him confused. he just chuckled. "Stress cannot exist with pie." he said winking making me laugh.

“Well…thank you for breakfast.” Ji-hoon said looking to me. “And if you ever need me to walk you home, or anything just let me know ok.” He said patting the top of my head in the way he always did. I nodded smiling up at him. he hopped up off the ground and grabbed my hand pulling me with him dusting off the side of my leg with his hand. I bent down and picked up his jacket shaking It off for him.

“Here you go.” I said offering it to him.

“You want me to walk you to class?” he asked slipping back into his jacket. I opened my mouth to answer when someone cut me off.

“That’s ok, I think her boyfriend should be the one walking her to class.” ilhoon said coldly. I looked up at him shocked. Where did he come from? Why does he constantly pop up like this?

“Anni, mian.” I said to ji-hoon. “But I don’t need anyone to walk me to class today…I have something to do.” I said blowing them both off.  “Thanks again ji-hoon, I’ll see you later ok?” I glanced at ilhoon then made an humph sound and turned swinging my braids at him as I walked off.  I still had searching to do. I sadly wouldn’t be able to let ji-hoon walk to class for the forseeable future.