Batman to the rescue!

The 30 Day love curse.

“Wow, I’ve never known that.” Ilhoon said shaking his head in disbelief. I had just spent the last thirty minutes telling him about my whole orphan status.

“Well, it’s not something I generally go around telling people.” I said shrugging. I was sitting on the floor of the bathroom my back leaned up against the wall as I looked up at ilhoon from his seated position on the sink.

“I guess it wouldn’t be huh…” he said nodding. “Ok…let’s get you into that room hmm.” He hopped off the sink and came to stand in front of me.

“How? There are guards everywhere.” I said excepting the hand he offered. He swiftly pulled me to my feet. My breath caught in my throat when he pulled me closer to him than I expected. I thought he held me a little longer than he should have but I could have been imagining it.

“I’ve got an idea…meet me at the back entrance of the files room.” he said stepping away from me. “Make sure the coast is clear.” He said gesturing to the door. I nodded quickly pushing all thoughts of ilhoon like that out of my mind. I moved to the door pulling the stopper from under the door and peeked out. the halls where empty and quiet, that was weird at this time. “What is it?” ilhoon said when he noticed I was looking around confused. I gestured for him to wait as I took a step out. I looked up and down the hall but I didn’t hear anything.

BANG! BANG! I jumped started at the ear splitting sound. I looked around frantically as I started to hear screams. What was going on? around the corner students started barreling down the hall, I could see tears and horror on the students face but my mind was blank of what to do. Two more loud sounds came closer this time and I looked in the direction of it to see a man with a long black jacket and disheveled hair coming around the corner his arm raised a large gun in his hand and other guns handing on him. my breathing caught in my throat as the man fired another shot. I heard a scream as someone went down. the guy was getting closer but I couldn’t move, my feet where glued to their spot. The man fired again hitting nothing but a locker. He fired again and the bullet sank home into the wall by head. i didn’t have a chance to process what had happened or what was going on before I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist as I was yanked backwards into the bathroom. Ilhoon slammed the door shut and locked it tight still holding me against his body. Without releasing me he whirled around ushering us into one of the stalls.

“Are you ok?” ilhoon hissed when he had finally shut and locked the stall door. I couldn’t answer him, words wouldn’t come out I just stared at him wide eyed. “Eungi.” He urged. i heard another bang and jumped startled looking towards the door. I felt my breathing becoming rapid and shallow as I started to hyperventilate. Ilhoon cupped my face with his hands forcing me to look at him. “Calm down, you’re safe…I’m here ok I won’t let anything happen to you.” he said in a slow even tone. It was soothing to me and made my breathing slow. “Now, are you ok? Did you get hurt anywhere?” I shook my head slowly still not able to talk. He sighed in relief and pulled me into a tight hug. “Oh thank god…I was so scared when I saw you just standing there.” he said tucking my head against his chest.

“It almost hit me.” I whispered.

“what?” he asked not able to hear my small voice. I looked up to him with tears in my eyes.

“I almost died…a bullet…” I said through tearful sobs. “One almost hit me…it hit the wall…right by my head.” I said getting frantic again. Ilhoon looked horrified as well and just pulled me back into the hug.

“Who’s in there!” there was a loud yell before the door started shaking with the force of someone hitting it. I started crying unable to hold it in as fear raked through me. ilhoon released me making me look to him horrified.

“What are you doing!” I hissed when he stepped onto the toilet. The banging against the door continued. I looked horrified to see the wood was starting to splinter…whoever it was was going to get in. I looked back to see ilhoon’s feet disappearing as he pulled himself into the ceiling. A moment later his head popped back and he reached down.

“Come on…hurry!” he hissed gesturing for me to climb. I didn’t hesitate any longer. In this moment I fully trusted ilhoon to save me. I hopped onto the toilet grabbing his hands tightly as he hoisted me up into the ceiling. He quickly pulled the grate back closed and pulled me away from it holding his hand over my mouth as the door burst open and the man who had been shooting hurried in. I dug my nails into ilhoon’s arm in fear but he didn’t even flinch as he continued to hold his hand over my mouth keeping me quiet.

“I know someone’s in here! I could hear your sniveling from outside!” he yelled menacingly as he started kicking bathroom stalls open. Oh god, my crying had gotten us discovered. Ilhoon slowly moved away from me making me look to him startled. He raised a finger to his mouth gesturing for me to stay quiet as he released me completely. he gestured with his hand for me to move farther back into the ceiling. I listened without protest and move a little farther back. I moved to the grate we had climbed in and waited by it watching down. a moment later I heard the man kick into the stall below us and ilhoon moved before I knew what was happening. He kicked down the grate and jumped out of the ceiling. Too afraid to move I listened as I heard the fight ensuing beneath me. With every crash I felt myself crying harder.  There was a bang and then a few more crashes and everything went silent. Clamping my hands to my mouth I stared at the grate. There was a scuffling sound and then a pair of hands popped up. I felt my heart in my chest waiting to see who came up…ilhoon’s head popped into the ceiling. he gave me that grin of his as he looked at me.

“You can come out now…” he said gesturing me over. I didn’t move, I was so overwhelmed with seeing him, so happy he was ok , but so petrified of everything that’s been happening that I couldn’t get myself to move. Ilhoon watched me a moment and when he decided I wasn’t going to move he climbed back up and crawled over to me. “hey…it’s ok.” He said reaching up with his hand and caressing my cheek gently with his thumb. “You didn’t hear the cops? They got here and took him away.” he said gently. “Come on…let’s get out of the ceiling now hmm…it’s a little crowded.” He said trying to calm me down with a joke. he sighed giving me a small apologetic smile as he pat my hair then wiped my cheek. Overwhelmed with ilhoon saving me I finally forced myself to move. In one swift movement I got to my knees and threw myself against ilhoon. I didn’t stop with just hugging him. Before ilhoon could stop me I pressed my lips against his. He froze against me shocked by my sudden kiss. I moved to break the kiss suddenly completely embarrassed about kissing him especially when he was just sitting there frozen. i removed my lips from his but he leaned forward connecting our lips again kissing me back.