Some times good things fall apart, so better things can fall together.

The 30 Day love curse.

        I skipped down the road whistling happily as the sun beat down bright toady. It was looking to be a promising day.

“Asa eungi…today will be the day!” I cheered throwing my arms in the air as I went. Today was my 30 day anniversary with my boyfriend, it was an important day because this was the day I swore I would break my curse.

“Eungi! Hwaiting!” A street vendor I visited often called out to me. I hopped to a stop turning towards him posing cutely.

“Hwaiting!” I called back before hurrying off towards school where my boyfriend would be waiting for me. As I neared the gate to school I could see soohyun leaning against the wall fidgeting the bottom of his shirt. I froze taking a deep breath. “Come on eungi…you’ve got this…he said he would beat the curse.” I balled my hands into fists encouraging myself before I headed over.  “Oppa, have you been waiting long?” I asked tilting my head to the side to look at him. He looked up from the ground taking me in before giving out a deep sigh.

“Eungi…we should talk.” He said deeply. I looked around startled as I heard a crack of thunder but there was no rain clouds. It must have been my imagination.

“What are you talking about…we are talking.” I said keeping my happy manor. He sighed again before grabbing my shoulders.

“Eungi…I’m sorry this isn’t going to work out.” my head snapped back like I had been physically hit.

“What…wae? We were just fine yesterday? You said you would beat this curse with me.” I said pouting. He nodded patting my shoulder.

“I know…but…after we separated for the night I ran into someone.” He said looking up. I followed his gaze to a girl leaning against a car. She had pretty blonde hair and big s that showed out in her skin tight mini dress.

“Oppa.” I said looking back to him.

“Mian…I thought this would work, I really liked you but as soon as I met her I knew I had found my true soul mate. She’s just my style.” He said grinning from ear to ear as he looked back at her. she grinned and waved to him. “I’m in love with her.” he said looking back to me. “You’ll understand right?” he said genuinely.

“OH…I guess.” I said giving him a shallow smile.

“Great! Again sorry.” He said patting my shoulder one more time before he ran off.

“WAEEEEEE!” I whined stomping my feet in a tantrum as another crack of thunder sounded. I looked up to see a tiny cloud over me. “WAHHHHH.” I cried stomping my foot as it opened up raining on me.

“Get dumped again?” A voice said snapping me out of my hallucination. I looked around shocked to see that there was no actual cloud there. I looked to see Ilhoon leaning against the wall with a smug look on his face.

“Shut up Devil.” I said sticking my tongue out at him as I hiked my bag up on my back and stomped towards the entrance. Ilhoon reached out an arm blocking my way. I looked at him glaring but he wasn’t looking at me. He was chuckling as he looked behind me.

“You know…I understand why he left you. She’s a lot prettier.” He said nodding. Biting my lip I smacked his arm down and stomped off ignoring his laughing from behind me.

“EUNGI! HWAITING! EUNGI! HWAITING!” a group of people cheered. I stopped cold looking at the 6 boys laughing with their signs broadcasting my 30 day curse. Furrowing my brow angrily I stomped up to them grabbing the signs and throwing them down stomping on them. I heard laughter from behind me and looked to see Ilhoon doubled over laughing as he pointed at me.

“OH…priceless! Every time!” he yelled stomping his foot emphasizing how funny he thought this was.

“Argh!” I yelled angrily as I shoved past the laughing boys in front of me and hurried inside. “Stupid Ilhoon, stupid BTOB…stupid CURSE!” I yelled angrily. I stormed down the hall watching my feet as I went fuming from the embarrassment. “AH!” I yelped in pain as I ran head first into a door making it echo from the impact. “That hurt.” I whined as I grabbed my forehead as I stumbled backwards.

“Omo! Mian, gwenchana?” A deep smooth voice said. I opened my eyes from my laying position on the floor to see a gorgeous boy I had never seen before in front of me. He had black and orange hair styled into the classical Seoul chic style making him look so mature and hot. He crouched down in front of me taking my hand on his own as he pulled me to my feet.

“N-nae…I’m fine.” I stuttered embarrassed. I placed my hands against my cheeks to hide the blush that was there.

“Oh good, you hit the door pretty hard there.” he said giving me a smile and a chuckle. My heart leapt into my throat at the pure gorgeousness of him. “I hadn’t seen you or I wouldn’t have opened the door.” he said apologetically.

“Anni, it’s ok. I wasn’t looking.” I said giving him a small bow.

“I’m Roh Ji-hoon. Nice to meet you.” he said holding out his hand. I noticed he had a couple silver rings on his fingers.  Omo! He was so cool!

“Seo eungi.” I said shaking his hand meekly.

“Eungi…that’s a cute name.” he said grinning at me. I blushed again biting my lip. “Well, I’ll see you around eungi.” He said and reached out patting my head before he walked off. I whipped around watching after him in shock as I clutched my chest.

“He’s the boy who will break my curse.” I whispered to myself, before heading off whistling happily to my class.

 

“Alright we will end class here today. Don’t forget you have a paper due at the end of next week.” the teacher called out to the class as we started packing up our gear before she headed out leaving us.

“Eungi…how did it go this morning…are you two still dating?” my friend misun said sitting down in front of me. I laughed nervously giving her a weak smile.

“Well…that is…” I said trying to think of what to say to her.

“Your little friend got dumped again.” A voice said from behind us. We looked up to see Ilhoon and hyunsik walking towards us. I gave Ilhoon a glare as he approached.

“Oh no eungi…chincha?” misun said patting my hand on the desk. I sighed defeated acknowledging it.

“Nae…he dumped me for a pretty pair of legs.” I sighed.

“And s.” Ilhoon chimed in.

“Yah!” I said bitterly. He just shrugged innocently. That’s when I caught site of someone in the hall. Roh Ji-hoon. I jumped up shocking the bickering misun and hyunsik as I shoved Ilhoon out of my way. I ran to the door popping my head out of it as I peeked out to see roh ji-hoon laughing with another guy. I sighed dreamily as I slouched against the door frame.

“What are you staring at?” misun said popping her head out of the door to.

“that god over there.” I said pointing subtly to roh ji-hoon.

“Oh…he is pretty. Is he going to be number 21?” she said bumping me with her shoulder. I cut her a look before returning to look at roh ji-hoon. That’s when I saw he had turned and was looking right at us.

“Omo!” I yelped and shoved backwards into the class knocking misun as I went. She stumbled backwards into hyunsik as I spilt towards Ilhoon. He dodged me letting me slam into the desk falling to the floor knocking a couple chairs with me. “Ahh…ilhoon!” I whined rubbing my head. I felt a hand on my arm as I was pulled to my feet.

“Gwenchana?” I froze my eyes widening as I whipped around to see it had been roh ji-hoon that had pulled me to my feet. I started nodding my head frantically.

“She’s a bobble head.” Ilhoon said snickering. Blushing I stopped nodding my head.

“You seem to always be falling into things when we meet.” He said chuckling. “Maybe you should think about investing in some guards.

“Shed need a whole army to stop her bad luck.” Ilhoon said again. I grabbed a bottle off one of the desks and chunked it at him. It missed by a lot and flew to the front of the class smacking into the back of the teachers head who had been writing on the board. gasping I clapped my hands to my mouth as I heard running feet. I looked to see misun, ilhoon and hyunsik had run from the room already.

“I think we should follow them.” roh ji-hoon whispered as he grabbed my hand and pulled me quickly from the room before the teacher whipped around. He ran down the hall following the retreating forms of the others. 

“I…think…we can…stop.” I said gasping for breath. Roh ji-hoon stopped running letting me breath.

“Mian…you ok?” he said breathing a little heavily as well.

“Nae…I’m fine.” I said giving him a tired smile.

“Yah…how could you aim so badly!” ilhoon said as they came over to us.

“How come you keep popping up around me!” I said back. “Shoo fly you’re bothering me.” I crossed my arms and flipped my hair over my shoulder. “Devil.”

“Witch.” He retorted making me glare at him.

“Oh…are you two.” Roh ji-hoon said gesturing between us.

“Are we what?” me and ilhoon said in unison.

“dating.” He said explaining. Ilhoon doubled over gagging dramatically as I looked at roh ji-hoon horrified. Ilhoon hacked beside me and I turned kicking him in the making him stumble forward.  I turned back giving roh ji-hoon a sweet smile.

“Oh…well then…” he looked at me scratching the back of his neck. “Do you want to go get lunch?” I bit my grinning.

“You might want to be careful.” Ilhoon said throwing an arm over my shoulder. I grimaced moving away from it. “She can’t date anyone more than thirty days.” he said laughing.

“Hmmm?” roh ji-hoon said confused.

“Nothing! Let’s go!” I said grabbing him and pushing him away from the others. “Sorry about ilhoon…he’s a jerk.” I said as we walked. We were heading down the street towards a café for some coffee.

“It’s ok…” he said chuckling. “Can I ask why you hang out with him if you dislike him so much?” he said looking down to me.

“Mmmm, my friend misun is dating his best friend and band mate hyunsik. So I get thrown into meeting him.” I said bitterly.

“Oh, I understand.” He said nodding.

“Eungi! Is this him? did you break the thirty day curse?” The street vendor from earlier called out. my eyes widened and I gestured behind roh ji-hoon for him to be quiet.

“hehe…silly guy…always joking.” I said nervously when roh ji-hoon looked to me confused. he just nodded as we continued walking in silence.

“So…what do you study?” ji-hoon asked as we sat at a table beside the window in the café. I was sipping on a Caramel Frappuccino and he was drinking an Americano coffee. 

“Oh, I’m music major. I’m studying to be a producer.” I said chirpily.

“Oh…producer, that’s awesome…can you play any instruments” he asked curiously.

“Nae, I play the guitar and I sing.” I said nodding.

“Oh chincha…I sing too.” He said smiling. “I’m music major as well but for performing arts.”  I smiled happily the whole time we carried on a conversation. I found we had lots in common and he was really easy to talk to. We sat at the café for an hour and a half before we had to return to school for his next class.

“I had fun…we should do it again soon.” he said when we reached the school.

“Nae, I would like that.” I said grinning. He waved as he headed off meeting up with a couple boys. They looked back at me before speaking with roh ji-hoon. He glanced back before they all walked off. I sighed shaking my head at their retreating forms. They were undoubtedly telling him about my 30 day curse.