Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive.

The 30 Day love curse.

“it’s ok, I’ve broken rule number 2 twice.” He said shrugging. I furrowed my brow confused.

“What…you’ve only kissed me once.” I said thinking about it.

“You aren’t counting this one.” he said and pressed his lips against mine.

I rolled over restlessly throwing the blankets off me. Thoughts of ilhoon kept coursing through my mind. Every time I closed my eyes I kept seeing the kiss, and him coolly saving me from jr. I reached up touching my hand gently to my lips. He kissed me…why did he kiss me? I felt my heart stuttering in my chest as my face heated up. I sat up waving my face shaking the thoughts from my mind.

“You like ji-hoon! Ji-hoon!” I said to myself hitting my head with my knuckles. It was of no use because when I tried to imagine ji-hoon’s face all I could imagine was ilhoon running up and shoving ji-hoon out of the way. I groaned throwing myself back onto my bed.

I slipped groggily into my shoes not paying much attention to what I was doing. I hadn’t gotten to sleep until almost 4am and it was only 9 now. I was so tired that I was yawning every five seconds. Finally getting my second shoe on I rested my elbow on my knee and resting my head in my hand. my hand slipped off my hand jolting me awake. I looked to see I had fallen asleep for about twenty minutes. Pulling myself to my feet I grabbed my bag dragging it across the ground as I walked out of the house.

“Morning eungi…you look a little tired.” The street man said calling to me. I waved weakly covering my yawn. I felt like I was going to fall asleep standing up.

“Oh…watch it.” I felt a hand on my forehead as I bumped into something. I looked up to see I had almost walked right into a pole; ji-hoon hand was the only thing keeping my forehead from smacking into it.

“Oh…Komawo.” I said giving him a sleepy bow.

“Gwenchana, you look horrible.” He said worriedly.

“Nae, I’m just tired.” I said shrugging. “I didn’t get much sleep last night.” he nodded watching me.

“Do you want to get breakfast with me? It might help you a little…I’ll buy you a strong coffee.” he offered kindly. I checked my watch blinking the blurriness away as I focused on the tiny numbers.

“If we get it close by then yea I should have some time.” I said nodding. I really needed that coffee.

“Arrasso, there is a coffee vendor on campus.” He said taking my bag. “You should stop dragging this…it’s ripping.” He said chuckling as he slung it over his shoulder. I gave him a small smile as I followed him across campus. He sat my bag at a tiny table and I sat down while he went to buy drinks. Laying my head on the bag I closed my eyes.  I must have drifted off because the next thing I knew ji-hoon was back placing a large coffee in front of my face. I rubbed my eyes reaching for the coffee.

“I have to ask…are you aware you are wearing two different shoes?” he said holding back laughter. Shocked I look down at my feet to see I had one red converse on and one black one.

“I was half asleep when I put my shoes on.” I said meekly.

“You’re half asleep now…why didn’t you skip out on school today.” he said sipping his coffee.

“I’ve got some important business to do.” I said chugging the coffee.

“So…how’s things with ilhoon.” Ji-hoon asked suddenly. I sputtered choking on the hot coffee. Ji-hoon handed me a napkin to wipe my mouth.

“Mian…fine I guess…why do you ask?” I said nervously. At just the mention of ilhoon my face flushed and my heart stuttered. This was bad…this was really bad.

“Oh, well because…he’s over there.” he said pointing behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see ilhoon and the others hanging out and laughing. my heart sped away at the sight of him. maybe he hadn’t seen me yet…that’s why he didn’t come over right?

“Why does that spark questions on how we are doing?” I asked turning back around. Ji-hoon shrugged.

“Because usually when ilhoon see’s you with me he becomes all protective…he saw you with me when we came over.” he said scratching the back of his neck embarrassed. I bit my lip sipping my coffee not knowing what to say. I was embarrassed that the knowledge of that actually hurt me a little.

“Because I told him I was going to be friends with you no matter what.” I said finally thinking of something to say. I looked at my watch seeing it was about the time that I needed to go to the files room. “Mian…thank you for the coffee but I’ve got to head off.” I said standing up sliding my bag over my shoulder.

“Oh…ok, well can I walk you?” he asked standing up.

“Oh anni…sorry.” I said and hurried off. I took some deep breaths and pulled out my phone pretending to be busy as I had to walk right past the BTOB table.

“Oh eungi noona!” I jumped startled and looked up to see the whole table looking at me including ilhoon. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. “Come over!” sungjae called waving me over to the table. I looked from the door to the table again. i couldn’t make my feet move over there, I just shook my head and pointed towards the building before turning and hurrying off towards the door.

“Hey eungi wait up.” I froze looking over my shoulder to see ilhoon coming down the hall towards me. I turned and kept walking trying to act calm. “Why didn’t you come over to the table.” he asked catching up to me.

“I have something to do.” I said keeping my sentences short. If I spoke more I knew I would be given away.

“Hey…stop for a second.” He said grabbing my wrist and pulling me to a stop. He tugged me around so I was facing him. “I wanted to talk to you about that kiss the other day.” he said looking down. my heart froze in my chest…he was bringing it up first. His brows furrowed as he looked back up to me. “You are wearing miss matched shoes.” He said pointing. I sighed snapping my fingers.

“Focus.” He nodded getting back on track.

“Anyway, I’m sorry about that.” I looked at him shocked but quickly schooled my features. “I was caught up in the moment of everything you know, situations that high strung with emotion can lead to things like that…I just didn’t want you to get the wrong idea or anything and think I had feelings for you.” I felt like a complete idiot. Of course he wouldn’t have meant it! I was the one who let my feelings get away from me not him…idiot eungi. I laughed nervously looking around.

“I know…that’s rule number three right, breaking the first two is one thing it’s just a little skin ship. Breaking number three is a whole different ball game, you’d be stupid to fall for someone who hates you right.” I said laughing.

“Yah…I don’t hate you.” he mumbled. “I just don’t like you like that…but getting to know you…you’re a pretty cool chick.” He said shrugging. “I could see you as a friend.” I checked my watch at that. I had to get away, it was a nice gesture, and after a moment I’m sure id be happy but I had to get away.

“Mian…I’ve got business.” I said dropping my arm. “I’ll catch you around…friend.” I said and hurried off leaving ilhoon behind. 

I peeked into the files room and my heart sank. There were security guards in there. they must have upped it when I returned ilhoon’s file last time.

“So is this where you sneak off to every morning.” I jumped almost ten feet in the air. I whipped around to see ilhoon looking into the files room. “Sorry…I couldn’t resist following you.” he said smirking. “So you going in?” I looked at him flatly.

“Don’t you think I would if I could…there is security in there.” I said sighing.

“Oh is that all?” he said confused. “Easy…I’ll help you get in if you tell me why you need to get in there.” he said crossing his arms.

“research.” I said shrugging. He didn’t budge making me sigh. I grabbed his hand and pulled him with me across the hall and into the women’s bathroom. I looked around to make sure it was empty before I shoved the stopper under the door to block it.

“My dream about being pulled into the girl’s bathroom by a hot red head…completely ruined…thank you.” he said giving me a thumbs up. I rolled my eye moving into the bathroom hopping on the sink.

“Listen…I’ve been going through the files in the room searching for my parent’s files ok.” He furrowed his brow looking around.

“And you needed to drag me in here for that big secret?” he asked confused.

“You don’t understand…” I said jumping off the sink and pacing. “My parents went to this school, I’m technically a legacy.” He nodded still not understanding.

“So what…why don’t you just ask your parents anything you need to know…why try and find their files.” I looked at him evenly.

“That would be where the problem lies…I don’t know where or who my parents are. Just that I’m a legacy here.” ilhoon looked at me shocked.

“You’re an orphan?”