Fade

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dazed, he entered his apartment. His every step was sluggish and his eyes were lifeless. He felt as if his heart was ripped out of his chest and now he's meant to live everyday knowing his heart was beating somewhere without him. It didn't feel that way. It was how it was.

He couldn't believe it. It was over. Just like that. All those months of dating, and he assumed years of friendship now down the drain. He entered his room and there were traces of her there: photos, trinkets, clothes. He laid down on his bed and he could still remember the last time she was there. He ran his hands across his bed and he was imaging the dents her body left on the mattress. He turned over and he swore he could smell her there. Deep down though, he knew he was just imagining things. It was probably his way of coping. Some part of him knew that they were over and all of his memories of her were consuming him to the point that he wants her to manifest in bits of what he could sense.

He took out his phone and called her. The moment her words sunk, he called her incessantly, repeatedly. Up until then, she didn't answer. He felt like he couldn't breathe. He opted to text her then. That way, even though he knew she wouldn't respond, at least she knows what he wants to say.

Baby, please. Don't do this. I don't know what I did wrong, but I'm sorry. Please. Just, don't do this. Don't leave me.

He sent the text and kept reading it over and over. It was too much for him that he was begging because that meant it was real and if she wouldn't let him, he couldn't fix things.

Nichkhun was too engrossed in his pain that he didn't hear the door to his apartment open. It was only when his bedroom door opened that he found the energy to lift himself off the bed to look who was there. It was Taec, and he was holding a huge box. He sat beside him on the bad and placed the box on the floor. Nichkhun looked at the contents of the box and felt his heart break even more. In the box were all of the things he gave her. How can it be over this quickly?

"I'm sorry man. I was looking for you but I couldn't reach your phone, so I headed to Victoria's place thinking that you were there. She told me everything and she asked me to bring you this. I'm really sorry man. If it's any consolation, I really don't like her."

Nichkhun chuckled heartlessly. "You never liked her in the first place."

Taecyeon genuinely felt sorry for his best friend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter