Shift

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

To say that it was hectic wouldn't justify the atmosphere at Nichkhun's university. With just a week left before classes end, students have been pulling all-nighters just to catch up with  papers and study for exams. For the music majors, it's was tense. Everyone wanted to use the music room to get ready for their final recital. Fights started to ensue regarding who gets to use the room that the faculty devised a system or schedule rather of the students. With their number, each student was given about an hour and a half to practice. Even though it wasn't enough for some, they didn't complain. As long as they could use the music room, it was all good.

Nichkhun never really needed to follow the schedule since he has a piano at his apartment. Every after school, if he wouldn't be studying at the library for his non-major classes, he would head home and practice. But the more that he practiced at home, the more lazier he got. With the temptation of the internet, television and his bed, he couldn't concentrate on rehearsing. So for the rest of the week before the fina recital, he decided to follow the schedule given to the music majors and rehearse at school.

On one particular day, he was running late for his schedule. He had to meet one of his teachers at their office and that was a floor down on the other side of the building. While on his way to the music room, he was hoping that nobody stole his time slot. He entered the room and was surprised to see someone already sitting by the piano. He was intending to tell her off and that it was his turn to use the room, but he was never able to do so.

Standing up, the person by the piano started gathering her things.

"Good. You're here."

Baffled, he approached her. "Err, what are you doing?"

"I was saving the room for you. I'm the one who used the room before you. Someone barged into the room just as I finished and asked where you were. I didn't know who you were so I just shrugged. Then, that person had the gall to tell me to get out. I assumed that it was your turn next and that you were about to lose your room so I told the guy off saying that you told me to save the room for you. He didn't argue and leave." She stated simply and then headed for the door. She was grabbing her coat whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter