Right Here, Right Now

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite the fact that they already kissed, they never really told the other about their true feelings. And becaise of that, the following days were a tad bit awkward for the two of them. It was as if a spell has been cast on them that they couldn't act the way they did before. But that was a given since there was no feeling involved, just friendship.

It was a frustrating occurence for both of them: not knowing what else to say, awkward pauses and silences, uncomfortable situations wherein they were too close to eachother even though this never bothered them before. And the list goes on. Both were now filled with thoughts of maybes and what ifs, all of them leaning to not having kissed on that faithful day.

They were walking around the campus, just a casual stroll in the late afternoon. Nichkhun asked Tiffany if she wanted to go out and walk and he chose that particular time of day because she liked it. True enough, she was enjoying their stroll. She kept swaying her hands and lifting her face to the sky. She would always tell him that the reason why she loved that time of the day was that the sun would hit her skin but it wouldn't be hot. She found the irony funny so she would get as much sun on her skin. He chuckled at her antics and she just smiled at him in return.

They found themselves seated by one of the old oak trees around campus. It wasn't a surprise that the grounds were nearly desserted since classes have ended and everybody wanted to spend the night out with friends. The silence was comfortable for a couple of seconds before Tiffany found herself staring at Nichkhun. He was leaning back using his arms as support. His eyes were closed and he had a peaceful expression on is face. The wind was strong enough to make the collars of his shirt flutter about but it was pleasant still. She had to hold her hais in place because it was getting in the way, obstructing her view of him in such a relaxed state.

She liked him, she really did. The fear that struck h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter