His Story

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dinner passed by quickly that before they knew it, they were having dessert. It really couldn't be helped since they shared a single serving of salad and pasta. They were half-way through their Fudge Brownie topped with Vanila ice cream when Tiffany spoke.

"It's my turn to ask questions."

Nichkhun set his spoon down and wiped his face with a napkin. "Alright. I'm ready."

"Is there somebody who would blow their head off if they see us sharing this plate of delicious fudge brownie?"

He chuckled at how she patterned her question to his. "I doubt that somebody would blow their head off."

"Allow me to assume that you're speaking of an ex-girlfriend?"

"Correct."

"And with how you claim that that somebody would not blouw their head off, it was a bad break-up?"

"Nothing gets past you, Steph. That is true. It was a bad break-up. Well, for me at least because she was the one who wanted to break-up."

"Woah. Somebody actually wanted to break-up with you? Why? You're a great guy!" She made a grand gesture towards him that was as if she was showcasing him and he laughed.

"Well, she said she just wanted to be friends. And that it was better this way."

"That's one of the tiest reasons I've heard. You do know that there's actually more to that than her just wanting to be her friend?"

"I do. But I stopped caring. At first it was so hard because all the while I though that there must have been something I did wrong. But that wasn't the case because I was the one who was trying in our relationship, the only one. And since she decided that she didn't want to be with me anymore romantically, I stopped fighting for her. Because all of that is useless when the person you're fighting for doesn't want you to do that anymore. Also, Taecyeon was such a huge help with the whole thing. He wasn't your typical friend who'd bash the crap out of your ex or encourage you to date a lot of girls just to show or prove to your ex that they're not wanted anymore. He said a few things that made me want to move on because it was the best for me and to just leave the memories with her to be just that, memories." He was wearing a small smile remembering the conversation he ahd with Taec. He really had a great best friend. Looking back, he saw that Tiffany was smiling too. Maybe Taecyeon helped her in his own way too.

"Well, I'm happy that you're over her. Err-- you are, aren't you?"

"Yup! And I'm not bitter about it. It's been, I think, about 5 months now."

"Are you what she wanted to be? Just friends?"

"Ironically enough, no. It just couldn't work that way anymore knowing that I loved the person and we were just resolved to being friends. If we remained friends, I would probably be still bitter and hanging out to the hope that she would want me back one day. That would have been a toxic way of living."

Tiffany grabbed her glass and raised it as if to taost before drinking. Nichkhun did the same.

"So what's her name?"

"Victoria."

"How'd you two meet?"

"At Jessica's birthday. She's one of her sister's friends."

"She's part of Krystal's gang?"

"Yes. Do you know her?"

"Nope. But I do know their other friend, Sulli."

"I'm sorry, I don't like her. She seems a bit haughty."

"I don't like her either. But I'm sure she dislikes me more. She's Siwon sister."

Nichkhun's eyes went wide. "Woah. Seriously? How is it that we have mutual friends and acquaintances and yet it took a long time for paths to cross?"

"One of life's mysteries I guess."

"So, ex-boyfriend's sister is my ex-girlfriend's best friend? Small world."

Tiffany just grinned and finished what was left of their brownie. 

..........

When the bill was payed, they left and Nichkhun took her home. In the car, they continued with their 20 questions but they focused more on the trivial things: favorite color, favorite food, favorite place, favorite song, etc.

"You know," Nichkh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter