Sudden

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that heart-to-heart dinner, Nichkhun and Tiffany seemed to get even closer than before. They've reached a point in their friendship that they didn't have to ask if the other wanted to hang-out. They would just show up and they liked how things were between them. It was just natural and all their interactions didn't feel forced.

Funny thing about the whole thing is that Nichkhun was starting to acknowledge that he was liking Tiffany more and more. But he didn't want to do anything about his feelings. He just wanted to let everything happen naturally between them. But if things didn't happen, he's okay with it because he was contented with just being around her.

It was the week after Tiffany's presentation and they were celebrating with Taecyeon and Jessica. They decided to have dinner at one of the famous semi-fancy Greek restaurants in the city. To say that Jessica was surprised with how things were between him and Tiffany was an understatement. That night was the first time that he saw Nick and Fany together and she just couldn't believe that they were just friends. Taecyeon told her about them being too friendly with each other but she didn't believe him because those two were just too friendly with some of their friends sometimes and it didn't mean anything. But this was totally different. Looking at them interact, it's obvious that they're acting like their natural selves but something was different. They were all looking at their menus to decide on what to eat since they wanted to have tehir own dish to eat rather than order in bunch. Jessica couldn't help but stare as Tiffany and Nichkhun went from their own menus to the other's and they looked oddly like a couple. Before she could stop herself, she spoke.

"Are you guys together?" All activity on the table stopped when Jessica asked her question. Taecyeon stared at his girlfriend wondering why she chose that moment to ask, but when he saw how his two bestfreinds were seated, close and arms intertwined because of pointing at the others' menu, he wasn't surprised. He proceeded to copy his girlfriend and stare at them expectantly.

The two looked at Jessica curiously and then at Taecyeon before they looked at each other and laughed.

"If she's lucky." Nichkhun answered jokingly which earned him a smack at the back of his head.

"Excuse me, I think you got your references wrong. I think you meant if you were lucky. Not me." She put her nose up in the air pretending to be offended before she resorted to giggles while shaking her head. She missed the fond look Nichkhun was giving her before he returned to his own menu, but Jessica and Taecyeon didn't and they both shared a look. They let it go for not and went back to their menus.

The night passed by with laughter and conversation and by the end of it, the couple was convinced that whether or not something happens between Nichkhun and Tiffany, they'll still be good together.

..........

Time flew by that before they even realised it, they were not into the latter half of thei semester with their midterms just ending. Despite the busy schedule, the two friends never failed to spend time together. But instead of just hanging-out, they would study together. Whenever they had to read and all that, they would be at Tiffany's place. Though they wouldn't be alone because Taecyeon wanted to study the classes he had with Tiffany. But when they had to do music, they would be at Nichkhun's since he has a piano. Though they wouldn't be alone their either because Nichkhun was kind enough to let Seohyun, a music major and Tiffany's partner since their midterm exam was a duet.

Nichkhun was convinced that he did a splendid job with midterms. He felt inspired after all and that he was coming to terms that it was Tiffany who was inspiring him. The longer they spent time together the more he felt for her. He was afraid to acknowledge it at first because he feared that if he did, he may screw up the friendship that they had. He didn't want that since he really liked being around her. Everything was just natural between the two of them and he felt like himself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter