Her Story

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun woke up with a start when his phone started ringing, telling him that he had an incoming call. Sneaking a peak at his bedside clock, it read 9:30AM. Realization dawned on him that he was late and it was probably Tiffany calling. With a rush into the bathroom, he the shower before answering her call.

"Hello?"

"You just woke up, didn't you?" Nichkhun just laughed as he took out the clothes he was to wear that day.

"30 minutes, Steph." He heard her sigh. 

"You really don't have to do this you know."

"I know I don't have to, but I want to. That's what new best friends are for." She chuckled.

"If Taecyeon finds out that you're trying to steal his spot as my best friend, you're gonna get it."

"Let him try. 30 minutes, Steph. Okay?"

"Alright. I'll be waiting outside of the music room."

Ending the call, Nichkhun rushed to make sure he gets to school on time. Despite the fact that his class was still in the afternoon, he had to go early because he promised Steph that he would be helping her with her rehearsals. The voice majors (including Tiffany though she's just a minor) have an evaluation test in the coming week and Tiffany was behind because she had to focus on that report she had with Taec which took up three weeks of her training time. Nichkhun wanted to help her so bad. At first Tiffany was adamnant of not letting Nichkhun go out of his way for her because it was too much to demand from him when they've been friends for less than a month. But Nichkhun used the excuse that his mentor said he needed to train more and that there was a new piece he had to master. After going through a hell lot of persuasion, she finally agreed. This has been going on for about a week now.

True to his word, he arrived at the music room in 30 minutes. Fate was good for him because there wasn't traffic on his way. As soon as she caught sight of him, she opened up her arms and he walked right into them. Nichkhun discovered that Tiffany was a hugger and he immediately joked that he wasn't getting any hugs and that maybe it was because she liked him. She blushed at the statement and proceeded to hug him, albeit awkwardly. But it became second nature for her after that. Little did she know that Nichkhun was liking the hugs more than a friend should. But he doesn't acknowledge the feeling, oblivious to his admiration of the girl.

That growing admiration started as soon as he found out that she was a 'double' major. And it grew at a greater pace when he helped her train. He would play the piano and they wouldn't have difficulty following the flow, in tune with the melody and in time with the rhythm. He would even do the 2nd voice and they would ease right through the piece. No matter how difficult Tiffany's piece was, she was at ease with it because of the help Nichkhun offered. She was really grateful having him help her since among his collegues, he was one of the best pianists. Plus, he could sing so he was technically the whole package. Unlike Nichkhun, her admiration for him wasn't growing as fast, but she was getting there. But both fail to recoginze the affection growing for the other.

..........

"You know, Nick. We've been friends for more than a month now yet I still don't know that much about you." Tiffany prompted the conversation while they were waiting for their food. Their classes have ended around 3 hours ago and they've been hanging-out since then. It was only when the clock struck 8 in the evening that they decided to eat. Nichkhun and Tiffany have been hanging-out almost every school day since that day with Taecyeon at the library. For the first two weeks, Taecyeon was always with them. But then he had to attend to his other obligations that he wasn't able to join them. It was sort of a relief for the two of them because Taecyeon would constantly tease and joke arund them to the point that being together was uncomfortable and that he was the only one enjoying. The moment the two of them started hanging-out alone, they clicked right away. They would talk a lot about what's new, music especially and all sorts of things save for their personal lives. Though they both know how many siblings the other has.

"I could say the same about you." Nichkhun retaliated, looking at her questioningly. She shook her head and took a sip of her water.

"What do you want to know?"

"A lot."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter