Change

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just as what Taecyeon thought, Nichkhun did change. He went out every night, drinking and then hitting on girl after girl. How does he know? Well, he and a couple of their friends tagged along as a form of support, as well as chaperones making sure that he wouldn't do anything he would regret. Nichkhun would be so boisterous and haughty when drinking. He was also antsy so almost everything ticked him off. His friends made sure he wouldn't get into trouble.

This has been going on for almost three weeks now and the number of friends who went with Nick became fewer. The sacrifice was bearable at the beginning, but then the late nights made it hard for the rest of them to catch up on readings for school. And by the fourth week, it was only Taecyeon left. The only reason he wasn't suffering with school work was that exams were a month ago and he was sort of technically in a break. But you could only waste so much time so Taecyeon decided that it was time for a confrontation.

On the first night of the fifth week, Taecyeon proposed a new drinking joint since they've been drinking at the same place for two weeks. Nichkhun nodded with a grin. It was obvious that his friend was now an alcoholic. But he doesn't know how he does it that during the day he's sober. Who could do that? And he heard that despite the fact that he's a little behind with the homework, his playing during class was superb as ever. But everyone knows that in music, the more emotion you feel, the better you play. It was such a sad sight that his friend was putting up a tough act when everybody knew that the pain was eating at him. Nobody wanted to tell Nichkhun fearing that he'll go ballistic.

The car trip was silent and Nichkhun was left with his thoughts. He closed his eyes for a bit to rest but that was when all the memories rushed in. It was when they first met at Jessica's birthday party about three years ago. They were still in high school then. Victoria's presence was like a breath of fresh air to him. Whenever they talked, she would feel so detached that he thought he was bothering her with his presence. But whenever she would look at him to address him, she would always have this warm smile. And her eyes, it was as if there was a secret behind them and she wanted him to find out. His heart would race then. And the subtle things she did like play with the hem of her skirt, bat her lashes twice when she's surprised by something and how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter