Peter Pan

It's You ..

This story came to my mind when I saw something that I don't want to see. I tried to help them but it's not enough. Despite my busy schedule with my reality I decided to write this to let you know what I think they're feeling.

Please be open minded.


A/N: Any similarities is coincidence and not intentional. I'm asking for forgiveness if there is any grammar mistake. I want to say "Sorry" if I offended someone.

Feel free to leave a comment.


" Always appreciate what you have. There is always someone out there who wishes that had what you have"

 


Genre: Drama, I think.
Date Posted: October, 18, 2014

 


" Peter Pan"

 

 

"Finish your meal. Didn't you know that there are lot of children who doesn't have the privileged to eat while here you are wasting it."


That's the words I always hear whenever I left some food on my plate. I never took it seriously because I thought they're just making it up to made me finish my meal. Not until,


I was nine back then, my mother and I had this habit of walking around the street and visit some places and I love every bit of it because I can freely see the view of our city. In my young age, I always got fascinated even in small things that looks dull to my parent's perspective; I always asked question that out of my league and made my mother annoyed. Is being curious bad?


One time as we we're riding a cab, a little boy caught my attention. He looked like me, a small boy but the difference is I look healthy while the boy looked like didn't ate for days. The boy clothes are torn here and there, his face is dirty with some mud on it and he's shoeless. It's a relief that it's spring season or else he'll freeze to the cold weather. I just stared at his expressionless face as we passed by and suddenly I frowned when I remembered something, 'Where is his parents?'


 

 

I am so happy today, my mother bought me lots of foods. Its candies and breads that I love. Isn't my mother sweet? Though she's kind of strict and such but who am I to complain when I'm living in a blissful life and beside I didn't chose who'll my parents would be ..


As we walked going home, I saw the same kid again. The boy with torn clothes; standing at the side of the road with it's hand open asking for help from the adults who's just passing by and ignore the plea of the young kid. He's face is pale and his eyes are filled with sorrow and sadness. And what confused me is, I also felt sad just by looking at him.


I looked up to my mother and tugged her hand to grab her attention and it did. She looked down at me with questioning eyes. I pointed at the said boy and she followed where I'm pointing. I got confused with her reaction, why didn't we felt the same? Why?


 

 

Here I am again, wandering with an empty stomach. Just keep on walking and walking on this endless path. I'm starving and I want food but I don't know where to get it. My stomach grumbled angrily and all I can do is to rub my hands on my abdomen.


The orphanage where I lived closed all of a sudden and I chose to escape. The Head Director is so strict and abusive; he always hit us with it's stick he carry around whenever we did something wrong, even just in a little mistake.


With my young age and impulsive behavior, I found myself in this colorful street that looked like a Christmas light that is filled with people. People I thought can help me ..


I asked for their help, pity but they just ignored me, glared at me and even pushed me harshly. Why are they so cold? Why? What did I do wrong? Is asking for help is a crime?


They just looked at me like I'm a society stigma like I don't deserved to be here, to be alive. Is it my fault that the woman who carry me for 9 months in her tummy is a coward? That after she gave birth to me, she just left me at the dump site? Is it my fault? Is .. it mine?


 

 

My mom just looked at the kid in disgust. Why is her expression like that?


"Omma, are we not going to help the boy?" I asked innocently.


"Leave him be. Its not our fault he's unsheltered and starving"


 

 

I felt that someone is staring at me so I looked around and I saw a child maybe older than me; staring directly at me. His stare gave me this feeling that he wanted to help me but doesn't know how; well, what can he do, we're just a mere kids. Label as no right for a serious matter until we reach our adulthood. How pathetic..


I saw the kid tugged the hands of the older woman beside him and said something that I didn't heard. The woman who I assumed is the child's mother just looked at me with disgust and that made me looked down on my own appearance. Is it because of my clothes? The dirt on my face? Or maybe because I'm shoeless? Do I really look .. Disgusting?


 

 

"Omma, let just gave him my breads. I think this is too much for me" I said as I wiggled the plastic bag containing the foods she bought for me.


"Why would you do that? Why are you giving that beggar a food? Let him find his way to find some. They're just going to rely on someone's help."


"Omma" I said weakly, why is she being like this.


 

 

I saw his mom pulling him away from where his standing but the child is resisting then the child forcefully pulled its hand away from his mother grasp and ran towards unto me; he stopped a little near where I am standing and I look at him in confusion. What is he doing? He gestured for me to come near him and I did. There is something in the child's healthy face that draw me in, the boy stretches its arm and open its hand filled with two breads and some candies. Is this for me?


I was about to reach for it but a hand prevented me from doing because the large hand took the foods and threw it away from us. I looked up and it's the mother glaring at me.


"Seunghyun, let's go"


Seunghyun? That's the child's name? What a coincidence. That's my name too, Seunghyun; Lee Seunghyun.


Seunghyun the child gave me a tentative apologetic smile and despite of his mother's harshness, I smiled back because for the first time I feel something warm. I didn't felt the coldness of an adult's giving me but what I felt was the warm this hyung is giving at me. I never thought that warmth is still possible in this cruel reality.


 

 

The kid's smile surprised me. He can still smile despite of his standing in this world. I'm glad that the cruel world didn't affect the kid's smile. The sincerity of his smile is heartwarming.


He took another glimpse of me before he walked off to pick the foods my mother threw. My mother scoffed with the kid's action, "Tell your parents not to start a family if they can't feed you. How stupid"


We're just several steps away when I suddenly heard loud honk of horns and scream from some bystanders. I froze.


No.


Please no.


The pulling of my mom awaken me from my frozen state.


Please don't let happen what I'm thinking.


He's too young.


Slowly, I looked back. I tried to look for him in the place where he's standing just awhile ago; at the sidewalk but he's not there.


I walked back slowly, slowly towards the crowd forming at the side of the busy road. As I got nearer, my knees weaken on what I saw.


The kid.


The kid who's wearing rip clothes and shoeless lies there. Lifeless. Blood all over his small frame. Tears are formed on the kid's sad eyes as he looked at me, directly at me.


I saw it when he's eyes look somewhere else and I followed he's gaze. To his hands, is the bread and the candies; tightly holding unto it.


I looked back to his face and a small smile, a sad smile is evident as he slowly close his eyes and slowly loosening the hold of the food.


"Omma?" I started to look for my mom as tears are forming in my eyes. What is happening? Is he sleeping?


 

 

Like an hour glass turn upside down the kid's expressionless face came to my mind. What if I didn't gave him the food will he still be alive? Will he? Is it my fault? 


Did I killed him? 


Did I? 


Or the society does?


 

I dedicated this story to "IKON". The 'kid' are the nine members looking for opportunity. 'Seung hyun' is the YG Entertainment who is willing to help them but the 'mother' who is representing the society is judging them without even giving them a chance to prove themselves.

Can't you see the struggle they're facing? The determination in their eyes? The hope of reaching their dreams? Can't you see or your playing blind?


 


"EVERYONE YOU MEET IS FIGHTING A BATTLE YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. BE KIND, ALWAYS"

 


        

 

 

 

"I'm humbly asking for your support for #iKon. I'm not asking for you to like or love them, I'm asking for you're understanding. Thank you"

"Will it be unfair if I specifically asked for you to support #YunJunDong? OT6 is brotherhood. I just can't take it if someone is left behind. Thank you again" 
😁😁

- YukiNashreen 10/18/14