One More Chance

It's You ..

 


 

“TIME has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters”


 


 

" One More Chance "


 

 

Similar to what happened yesterday night. He fell asleep with the music still playing inside their room, his room. And like what happened yesterday, he suddenly woke up from the soft kiss he received on his lips. He slowly opens his eyes and what he saw made him want to cry all over again. It's her Minnie, lovingly looking at him.


"How long was you knocked out?"


Her question was similar to what he had asked last night, he didn't bother to answer because he thought he's just dreaming. So, he just want to spend his time staring at her because he will not going to see her again, the only thing that will make him see her is through their photos, which will not make him contented.


"Hun, a question need to be answer you know." His 'Minji' talked again. She looked so real, like she's really there beside him; frowning from being ignored. "You do know that I hate to be stared at, right? You staring, is creeping me out, Hun." He ignored it again but suddenly yelped in pain when he felt his 'imagination' punched his side. Gee! Even in his imagination, Minji is strong.


"Oh Sehun, I swear. Ignore me again and I will spend the whole weekend in my sister's pad." Her sister? Bommie noona? Wait. His imagination is being here for a long time, it always faded instantly before. "That's it. You're going to spend your weekend alone and have fun at Jeju too.. "


Yep. Confirmed, this is the best imagination he ever had. She just badmouth at him and she also knew about our supposed to be trip to Jeju. Wait, how did this apparition managed to pull the luggage out of our closet and put.. Clothes?


"Minnie?"


"Oh, you talked? I thought you've gone impaired. Your act-- Whoa!!" His sudden movement caught her off guard, because he's just sitting at the edge of the bed staring at her one minute then he suddenly leap off from the bed to reach for her.


"Minnie yaa~~ is that really you?" Longing is visible on his voice.


Confusion is all over her face, "Last time I checked, I'm Gong Minji and I live here. So yeah, I'm Minnie .. Though I hate that endearment of you" Yes, Minji hated the Minnie name because she always thought she's Mickey Mouse's wife. "Oh gosh, what's wrong with you  ... You’re scaring me" He suddenly hugged her tight, she can't even manage to breath but seeing Sehun like this, she'll endure it. For Sehun.


"What time is it?" He asked out of nowhere.


"It's 12 in the evening now or morning? Hun" That is exactly what she said last night.


"What date is it today?"


"Uh? December 01? Hey, what's wrong?"


"No, it's December 02 today." He argued.


"Hun, check your phone and organizer because I'm sure it's the first day of December today. Gee !! Why are you acting so weird?" Her question left unanswered as he followed her suggestion, he did check his phone for the date and it is indeed the first day of December. "I'll just prepare food for us, kay?" He just nodded.


He massaged his temple confused on what is happening before him, what is happening? Sehun fish out his phone and dialed his brother's number. By the third ring, the baritone voice of his older brother was heard.


"Sehun?"


"Hyung .. What happened today?"


"What do you mean what happen today?"


"Did you forgot that we went to 'La Belle' around eight in the evening?"


"What are you taking about? I'm with Chaerin the whole night" Silence. "Are you giving me hint to make a reservation for you and Minji for your anniversary tomorrow?"


"What?" He's really confused now.


"Don't tell me you forgot about you're anniversary again? Man. You always forgot about it"


"No, I .. I-"


"Fine, fine .. I'll make a reservation for you and Minji tomorrow" and his brother hung up.


Is he the only one who went through the whole event a while ago? He's sure his brother is with them when the truck hit the cab. Is this the chance he asked? Is the fate gave him another chance to change the fate that will unfold?


 

 

"What are your plans for tomorrow?" Minji asked him, as she prepared their late dinner or early breakfast? He didn't know.


She asked this last night too, is this really his chance to change the fate?. "The usual? And I think I have a meeting with Sajangnim"


"Oh" He saw a disappointment in her eyes again and he's really confused, it's like the fate gave him a warning through dream but the things is happening the same, even her question and all. He's the weird one in this present time.


"I dream of you a while ago"


"Really?"


Sehun lowered his gaze, "Yeah, it was bad though"


"How bad?"


"I dream of you leaving me here alone" 


Minji walked towards and hugged him tightly, "You do know that is not going to happen, Hun.. I'll always be here in your side." She smiled softly and placed a kiss unto his forehead, it's a relief that he's sitting so he can be able to have this kiss. "Tell me what your dream about"


Sehun looked elsewhere and Minji have to held his chin to make him look at her, "Tell me about your dream, Hun" She said softly and by then he narrated his 'terrible' according to Minji dream.


"That was silly, Hun. I'm not going to die okay? And please. Don't give me a scarf again for our anniversary" He smiled by that, a little.


And that night, they slept in each other's arm; Sehun is holding her dearly, afraid to let go. Realizing to cherish every moment that they're together.


 


Upon waking up, Sehun is still thinking about his dream, he can't just shrugged it off. He got up from bed and went to their bathroom to prepare himself for facing the whole day. After he's done doing everything that he needed to do, he finally walked out from the room only to find Minji ironing clothes in the kitchen counter?


"Jagi? What are you doing?"


Minji suddenly looked up a little surprise and got startled by his voice. "Oh, I'm ironing your favorite long sleev-" her words we're cut off when she finally noticed that he's already dressed up. "Oh, you're already done fixing yourself" she said in disappointment and Sehun felt bad about it.


"No, just iron that because I'm going to wear that, I don't like this sleeves I'm wearing anyway" Minji beamed that made him smile a little, He didn't make a move to pour himself a cup of coffee because he's waiting for something to happen and when he saw that it’s about to happen, he immediately went to Minji's side which caught her off guard, she still burned herself but not because of clumsiness but because of him and he's quite relieve with that.


He just shook his head while she just smiled in confusion on why he suddenly went near her, “Sorry?"


He pulled her towards the sink and let the water run through her fingers and he continue the task of ironing his sleeves, He was busy concentrating on is task that he didn't felt Minji creeping behind him until when he suddenly felt a kissed was placed on his cheek. He carefully put the iron down and face the lady who stole a kiss from him, he leaned forward to place a kiss on her lips. He was about to kiss her again when she smiled.


"We're going to be late Jagi, I know you don't like being tardy" and she said the exact same words she said in his dream but at least he didn't saw the same scenario and it made him sighed a little of relief.


 


"Are you working until late night?" Sehun asked her when they walked out from their apartment building, he's still anxious on what he dreamt last night.


"No, I have to do something special tonight"


"Special? Is it for our anniver-" Sehun wouldn't able to finish his words  when he suddenly pulled Minji towards him and flash of water poured in front of them, Sehun looked above and saw the same kid in his dream.


"How did you?" Minji asked him, confused. Sehun just shrugged his shoulder and didn't gave words. It's really happening, he thought. When they're already in the street where they need to take separate ways because his workplace is opposite of hers.


"Minji .." He called her when she's about to walked away, he suddenly hugs her and uttered, "Love you, Minnie" and he let her go to walk on the opposite side of the road. Minji just stood there surprised; it's been a long time since he's being sweet.


She's just two step away when water poured above her, making her all wet fully clothe, "" She looked above and saw a kid with an empty bucket, smiling at her like what he did was a good thing. She just shook her head, "Kids, these days are scary" 

"Well, this ; now I need to go home and change" Minji rolled her eyes, clearly pissed off. She's glad that Sehun is already gone on her sight of view or he'll panic because she remembered he dreamt of this, she shook her head again. Why would she believe his silly dream? It's just a dream, right?


 

As Sehun continue to walk towards his workplace, his phone rang. He already knew that it's his hyung.


"Hyung?"


"Sehun .. Where is Minji?" It's really happening.


"At work. Why?" He sighed in relief when Minji didn't got wet from the child's prank; it means that what he dreamt can be avoided from happening or so he thought.


"Just want to greet her, Happy 8th anniversary man. Who would have thought you're going to celebrate 8 years of being in a relationship with her, Wo-"


"Thanks hyung" He cut his brother off.


He heard him get an intake of breathe, "You knew?!" He's brother asked him like it's a miracle he remembers. Is his brother having amnesia? Because he’s sure that they already talked about this earlier. Maybe his hyung forgot because it’s already past 12 when he called him.


"Yes, of course. It's our anniversary why would I forget it."


Yifan laughed a little, "Well, this is new. This is the first you actually remember without me reminding you since you started to work as iKON's manager. Wow"


"Hyung, you sound like I'm not capable of remembering the special day of me and Minnie"


"Well, yeah sort of. By the way, what's your present for her?"


"Not a scarf" Sehun quickly said which earned another surprise laugh from his brother.


"This is so cool. It's like you already knew what I would say." Because he did. "Then what is your plan?" Those made Sehun think.


His conversation with his brother already ended but he's still in deep thought on what to give to Minji. Now, that he's preventing the tragedy event that happened to his dream is, he's planning to do the thing that Minji always wanted to hear from him, with a determined smile; he already knew what to do.


 


"What a start of my day, really does happen huh?" Minji asked herself as she places the clothes in front of her, seeing if it suits her. She's in the middle of struggling wearing the purple off sleeve blouse when her phone rang; with only her head and one arm wearing the clothe she reach for her phone.


"Chaerin unnie"


"Minji yaaaa~ Happy Anniversary, little sister" Chaerin, wife of Sehun's older brother; Kris greeted her with too much enthusiasm with its voice.


"Thanks unnie"


"So, what's the plan?" She can picture out her Unnie wriggling it's brows while saying those words. Her lack of response made Chaerin to say some more, "He forgot?.. Again?"


Minji shook her head as if Chaerin can see her, "Ani, he actually remembered"


"Sincha?" You can hear that unnie is surprised that Sehun actually remember.


Minji smiled, "Yeah, he remembers. It also surprise me but I'm glad he didn't forgot" She's now walking across their bedroom to get the cd she wants to hear when she gets home later, she place it unto the player and intend to listen one song but unable to press the play when she noticed something. 


"Hun's organizer!!" She screamed that startle the woman she's talking to at the other side of the line, "Unnie .. Call you later .. Sehun forgot something important.. Bye!!" And by that she rushed going outside..


 


"It's here.." Sehun smiled when he saw the organizer he's supposed to forget place in his bag, he always needed that. He's going to have a meeting with the CEO in 5 minutes and he need to write down his suggestion, changes and all things that concern the boys. 


"Mr. Oh? Sajangnim wants to see you now" Seohyun, the ever bubbly secretary told him.


"Of course. Thank you Seohyun"


Sehun went inside with light heart; he's finally preventing it to happen. Last day, he noticed a silhouette of Minji outside the office after Seohyun gave his organizer in his dream and that's about 5 minutes after the meeting started. So, at exactly 5 minutes after the meeting started; he looked outside to check if Minji is there but it's only Seohyun whom he saw, another round of relief sigh.


 

3 minutes after Sehun looked outside the office ..

 


I run like I am in a marathon, it's a relief that their apartment is just blocks away from his workplace. She breathe deeply when she finally reach the last floor of the building, she knew that Sehun is in here; she saw it in his schedule for the day and remembered it from last night. He has a meeting with Sajangnim.


She plastered a smile when Seohyun come to her view, she hastily walk towards her and lightly knock on her table, "Seo unnie~~"


"Oh, Minji yaaaa~~ what brought you here?"


Minji smiled apologetically as she raised the organizer she's holding.. "Sehun, forgot these  ..." Minji peaked inside the office and finally noticed that Sehun is holding his organizer, her brows furrowed and decided to open the notebook she's holding, and it’s his old organizer.


Minji gave Seohyun another apologetic smile, "Unnie, Sorry but I think I made a mistake. Sehun already had his organizer"


"That's fine Minji ya~~"


Minji apologized once again after she finally left. It's just 10'o clock in the morning and she need to headed down to her work.


 


Sehun is in good mood when he came out from the office of the CEO though the Sajangnim added lots of activities for the boys he's handling. He didn't mind at all because Sajangnim granted he's request of having off this weekend.


He was about to walked pass Seohyun but didn't when she said something that made him want to break down.


"Sehun aa~ Minji came here earlier  ..."


He slowly turned to face her, "Waeyo noona?"


"He thought you forgot something but suddenly she said that you already have it, so she just leaves without calling for you"


"Is that so?" Seohyun nodded, "Well, thanks for informing me noona. I'll be going now noona"


"Nae, take care Sehun aa~"


Sehun rub his hand together as anxious is starting to creep up to him. What now, what will he do? His phone rang indicating that he receive a text, he pull out his phone and check the message.


It's Kai, asking him to meet them up at the restobar where they always hang out. He's not in the mood so he decline but straightened when he read Kai's reply.


'Don't buy scarf okay? Please do tell Minji our greetings for your anniversary. See you tomorrow at work'


'The gift' How can I forget about that. He quickly gets on at the elevator and pushes the ground button, determined to buy Minji the gift that she'll love.


He hailed for cab but it surprised him that he recognized the driver, "Ahjusshi.." He said almost in a whisper.


 


"Ahjusshi.."


"Young man, we meet again.."


"Again?" Sehun feel like someone just poured a bucket of cold water at him. "Ahjusshi.. What .. Why .. My dream is real? My dream is going to happen?" The old man sadly nodded.


"But .. But .. That means .. My Minji .. My Minji will .. will .."


"You can't fight the fate .. If that what is destined to happen then it is .."


"But my Minji .. She's my world.."


"Then cherish every moment you still have with her. Your girl is your world you say but if I remember correctly from the last talked we had, you often neglect her. You never know what you have until you lose it, and when you once lost it you can never have it back"


"Can I change what is about to happen?"


"I told you, you can't fight what the fate decided to happen but now that you're aware on what is going to happen. You have a control in turn of events, even just a little one"


Sehun can't manage to utter a word, he just let what the old man words to sink in and the only words he truly understand is cherish, you're girl, neglect and never have it back.


As soon as the Ahjusshi dropped him off with the place he needed to go, he drop on the floor and clutched his head, what am I going to do..


 

 

Minji is in the middle of sketching her design when her phone suddenly rang. She chose to ignore it at first but the caller is persistent so she reaches for it and answered it.


"Yoboseyo?"


"..Minnie?" There is something in Sehun's voice that she can't pin point, he sound sad and..Frustrated?


"Hun? What's wrong? Your voice is different"


"What?" She heard him clear his throat, "I guess I got a cold?"


"Oh, okay. Buy a medicine at the pharmacy" The answer she got was a hummed. He didn't say anything after, "Hun?"


"Let's go out"


"Uh.. Where?"


"Let's go to Jeju Island.. You want that right?" Minji looked at wall lock and saw that it's only 11:03 on the morning. His meeting is already done?


"But we're going there this coming weekend.. So, why should we go there now?"


"I just want to go.. Please let just go? It's only an hour if we took the train" Desperation is what she can sense in his voice. Is this still about his dream?, "Minji, please?"


She sighed deeply, "Okay"


"I'm already here outside of your shop. Come out now"


And when she comes out, a smiling Sehun with a backpack welcomed her. He quickly went to her side and gives her a tight hug, a hug that you'll think someone is going away. She felt him tremble a bit, 'Is he crying?'


She tried to free herself from his hug but he just hugged her more tightly. "..Sehun?" 


"Just stay still. I just want to hug you until I feel your heartbeat" And she did, she stayed still though she find it weird.


When he finally let go, she now no sign of tears, you will even think that his trembling awhile is a product of your imagination if the redness of his eyes is not noticeable. He looked at her sadly, like it's the last time that they're going to see each other.


"I'm scared.." He said with a very sad expression.


"Sehun?"


"I'm scared of not being with you.." He hugs her again.


She hugs him back by placing her hands in his back, pulling him. "Oh Jagi. That will never happen" Minji said smiling.


He smiled. "Let's go?" She just nodded; he held her hands tightly and blended towards the sea of people.


 


They're at the train now, holding each other. Sehun is giving him a back hug while she's place at the middle of his legs, back leaning against Sehun's chest. Him, enveloping her in a hug, holding her hand and humming.


"I never told you about my mother.. Why you didn't meet her in the eight years of being together" Sehun said afterwards.


His mother is a sensitive topic for the both of them. They even fight about it, he never want to share it why his mother is not with them, why he grew with just his brother and father.


"Yes, you didn't"


"I was ten back then when I saw my mother pulling a luggage outside our door. I called her, she smiled at me sadly. She said that being in their family is a mistake that her marrying my father is the biggest mistake she'd ever done. She said, she's not happy. I didn't understand her when she said that, why can't she be happy? She has us, her sons."


Minji squeezed his hand, "Then I saw a car waiting for her, there's a man that I didn't know. She gets on and never looked back, not even a glimpse. I feel nothing because of that, since then I never looked for her. I never looked back to the times that she's with us."


"She visited us once in a while but I never looked at her; never acknowledge her presence because what I know is that we're a mistake. So, why would she go back to the mistake she'd done"


"I love you" Minji said. A sad Sehun, she can't handle it. She doesn't want to see a sad or depressed Sehun, "Let's not talk about it anymore"


 

 

They spend their whole afternoon roaming around the tourist spot in Jeju, took lots of picture together even though Sehun doesn't like it he just let be, try different cuisine and laughed, smiling together.


Minji remembered their first year together; they are like this, inseparable sometimes. Full of laugh, smiles and sweet talks. 


Their date in Jeju Islands got interrupted when Sehun's brother told them that he already made a reservation in her favorite restaurant, 'La Belle'. Sehun doesn't want to go but she want to. Sehun object the idea so much but she feel that Kris oppa's effort would be wasted so she used all her aegyo and persistently asked her boyfriend that they'll go, after a long talked he finally agreed but not after she saw the fear from his face. Why is he afraid?


"Are you still worried about your dream?" He didn't answer, "You're worrying too much.. Oh, I talked to Kai a while ago and he told me that you declined his offer of hanging out?" Sehun just looked at her, she smiled. "I told him that you'll be there .. Besides it's only 4 in the afternoon and we'll be in Seoul about an hour later, you can go"


"I don't want too"


"Sehun, stop worrying on things that will not going to happen. It's just a dream okay? Don't stress yourself too much. Go hm?" He just nodded. "You need to unwind, Jagi"

 


 

 

"So, Sehun .. We heard that Sajangnim added load of new activities on iKON's schedule?" Kai, who is the iKON's choreographer, asked him. He's in the resto bar now, thanks to Minji's persistence. This is where they chill or hang out after the meeting they had with the CEO, this is where the manager's, staffs and dancers always go after a very stressful week. 


"Yeah. He added a lot, even an event from abroad." Sehun answered, anxious. Very anxious.


"I thought it's Suho who's responsible for the activities outside the country?" Chanyeol, who is the manager of WINNER said.


"Apparently, that grandpa's wife is already in her last month of pregnancy so he took a couple of months leave to attend he's wife needs" He can't stay still now, everything that is happening here is the same that happened to he's dream. His answered to their every question, the question, the other customer’s action and even Chanyeol using its phone as they all talked.


"Two months? That's too long for an off" Baekhyun said as he drink the beer like he's drinking a water. Not aware on the situation of his friend currently have.


"You know, Hyunsuk hyung can be very considerate in times like this and besides Suho hyung reason is valid, very valid." Sehun said as he frowned, He feel useless, why is he even here here.


"By the way, Kris hyung called me a while ago" Kai told him as he looked at him, expecting Kai's next words, "He said, it's your anniversary today and you forgot it." Kai said, different from what Kris really told him. The boys laughed, typical for a man.


"I actually remembered it." Sehun said.

 

"Really? I thought hyung is just fooling around when he said that you really remembered it. Wow, that's new."

 

He glared at them, Chanyeol swing its arm and place it to his shoulder, "But I bet you thought about giving Minji a scarf as a gift, right?" It's the same again though he answered them differently, so there is no escape?


"No, I bought something different" Sehun said as he took something from he's pocket. It's a relief that Minji took the bag from him without noticing that he put something inside of it, he have three surprise for her. As he took out the other gift that he carry whole day, it earned an "Awww" and "Oooh" from his friends.


"Is this what I think it is?" Chanyeol asked as he wiggled his brows. Sehun just nodded promptly. He's still waiting for something to happen here.


"Did hyung already told you that , Chaerin noona made a reservation in 'La Belle',  so that you and Minji can have a proper 8th year anniversary dinner?"


The boys laughed again and because Chanyeol laughed like a penguin flapping it's wings, he accidentally hit the glass next to him that probably supposed to shattered at the floor but not before Sehun catched it midair before it totally hit the ground, the guys gave him an amused looked.


"Guys, can I ask for a favor?"


 


"Miss Gong?" One of the receptionists said as he saw a woman wearing a shoulder off black dress like what Mr. Oh said. Minji looked at him surprised.


"Yes?"


"Mr. Oh is already waiting for you ma'am.."


"He's already here?" The receptionist nodded.


"This way, ma'am"


 


"Whoa? What is this?"


Minji walked in in one of the private room of the said restaurant, this kind of room is reserved for meetings that needed privacy. The room consists of table in the middle, four large windows; the two are overviewing the view outside while the other two is for the scene inside where you can see the other guests dining. 


Inside the room is Sehun in tuxedo and flowers, flowers everywhere. A candle lit dinner? This is so extravagant for Minji's liking.


"Sehun aa~~?"


"Happy 8th years anniversary Minnie,." He walked to her, gave the three stem white rose and a kiss to her lips. 


"What is happening? Is this what Kris oppa reserved for us?"


"Ani, I .. I requested the management for the private space and told them to change the room design a bit?" He said unsure, Sehun is not a kind of guy who is giving too much effort in things like this, he have no romantic bone in his body.


"It’s beautiful.. I like it, though it's a little too much?" He assisted her to sit down by pulling a chair for her.


"Nothing is too much for you"


"Thats so sweet, Hun."


"By the way, I took the liberty to arrange our trip for Jeju this coming weekend." Sehun started, "I hope you don't mind"


Minji wave its hand dismissing his words, "Of course, I won't mind. As long as we're together."


They talked and talked and talked. They just finished their main course when Minji pulled Sehun off his chair.


"What is it?"


"Let's dance"


"But there is no music"


"There is, listen" True to her words, there really is. The music that comes from the main hall, the musicians playing at one corner of the restaurant. 


//This is song, it's an instrumental Sana Maulit Muli  (A/N:  I love listening in this kind of music.) Please click the title//


 

"Sehun ah? Why are you gloomy?"


"Do you still remember when you said yes, when I asked you to be my girl?"


Minji smiled, "Of course, I thought you're making fun of me. You asked me to be your girlfriend wearing a very serious expression, it's like you're asking me who did I killed."


Sehun smiled, his expression that time is really serious because he is so nervous. He can't keep still, it's his first time of confessing and all but Minji just laughed at his expense. 


"I was nervous.."


"It doesn't seem like."


The years that they're together is a bliss. They fit perfectly in one another, Sehun who is a silent type while Minji is the talkative one. 


"I love you"


"Sehun aa~"


He looked at her, directly in her eyes. "I love you not because of what you have but because of what I feel. I care for you not because you need care but because I want to. I'm always here for you not because I want you to be with me but because I want to be with you.. Always with you"


Minji is already tearing up, "Why are you being like this.. You're so sweet"


"When I first fell in love with you, I can't stand to be apart from you for a week, and then it was a day, and then an hour, and then a minute. Now I can't to be away from you for a second. And we are apart, I miss you terribly. My heart aches to be with you again, my skin longs for your touch, and my eyes wish to gaze into yours. I want to fall helplessly into your arms and have you held me there"


"Sehun aa~~"


"I apologize for neglecting you these past few weeks. I can't form a good excuse for my behavior. All I know is that right now, I'm scared of not being with you, Minji"


Minji is trying all her best to prevent herself from bursting out in tears, "Why do I feel like you’re saying goodbye?"


Sehun gave him a tight smile, "Just always remember that whenever I turn to leave you my hearts stays behind with you."


A tear fell from Sehun's eyes when he saw his watch, just like yesterday it was broke too, 09:01 in the evening. The time when the doctor announced Minji's death. What will he do now? It's 20 minutes away from now.


"Sehun aa~~ Let's go" An excited Minji suddenly grab his neck and pulled him down.


"Where?"


"Let's go home .." As she wiggled her eyebrows, "I have something for you.."


"U-uh .." 


"Let's go .. Hmm?" 


"Minji aa~" Left with no choice, He just hugged her tight like his life is depended on her.


"Ppalli !!"


Sehun just left money to their table and let Minji to drag him out. He saw in the corner of his eyes his brother; smiling at the sight of them. He looked directly to his hyung's eyes and muttered a voiceless 'I love you' with a sad eyes. Kris just gave him a confused look as well as Chaerin.


Once outside he sighed deeply when Sehun saw the Ahjusshi, waiting for them; with the cab. Minji is too excited to notice the exchanged of sad gazed between the two man. 


Sehun looked at him with a questioning eye, as if asking him if the incident will really going to happen and the Ahjusshi nodded stiffly. 


Minji was about to go in but Sehun prevented her from doing so, "I want to be in that side.." And he smile timidly.


"Uh? Sure.." Minji smiled back. Sehun hugged him tight one more time.


"I love you so much Gong Minji.." With a tear rolling from his eyes that Minji failed to see. Minji pat his back, confused with his attitude the whole evening.


"I know. You've been telling me that the whole night" She smiled, "And I love you too.. I love you so much.."


Sehun sat at the right side of the cab with Minji leaning on him. Once the cab started to move, Sehun caress Minji's hair as he occasionally kissed her temple while muttering how much he love her. 


When they already near the 'intersection', Sehun once again looked at the Ahjusshi and in a brief seconds, he's hugging Minji tightly preventing her from the upcoming impact as he saw the bright light approaching and ..


The cab swirled in circle before it finally stopped, the same time as Minji's heart. She slowly looked up to Sehun and frees herself from his tight hug but Sehun is not letting her go.


Minji try to look outside the window with tears falling from her eyes, "Help .. He- help .. Please somebody help us"


"Sehun aa~"


"Sehun aa~~ Open your eyes .. Sehun aa~"


"M- Mi- Minji?"


"Sehun .. Jagiya ~~" Minji quickly said, the same time she heard someone calling their names. It was familiar though, it sounds like her Kris oppa and her Chaerin unnie.


"I- I - lo- love y- yo- you so much Minnie.."


His dream suddenly came to Minji like a cold bucket of water, she now burst into tears. "Why did  ... Sehun, why did you .. Sehun aa~"


When Minji felt that he's hold is slowly loosening, she really lost it now. She screamed!!


"Help .. Help !!"


"No. No. No. Somebody help us!! Please…”


 


As soon as they arrived at the hospital, Sehun is wheeled toward the emergency room and hooked with different needle and some strips. The monitor is showing a very week line, it barely lift from flat line. The medical practitioners move in hurry, in sync that you'll think every second matter which it really is.


Minji is just staring at the weak line in the monitor when changes happened, it went from weak line to flat with the loud beep resonating inside the room as if asking for attention and by these the practitioners did moves faster than before.


"120 Joule"


"Clear!"


A beep.


"200Joule!"


"Clear!"


A beep, again.


"360 Joule!"


"Clear!"


Still a beep.


No.


No.


The doctor looks at her, resembling Sehun face when she suggested to go home from their dinner. A sad expression, No.


Please.


Please No.


"I'm sorry"


"9:01 pm, time of death"


No.


Minji walked towards Sehun's body. "Sehun aa~ "


She shakes Sehun's shoulder hoping to get a response from him. "Jagiya ~~ Stop playing now. I believe you now"


"Sehun aa~~ Wake up now .."


"Sehun aa~~" 


Minji felt someone put a hand on her shoulder; she looked up and saw Sehun's older brother.


"Oppa, wake Sehun up. Tell him this is not funny anymore  ..." Kris just looked at her with sadness in his eyes.


"Minji, he's gone .."


"No. No. He hasn’t seen my gift to him. No" She shake him more, "Sehun aaaaa~~ don’t do this to me"


And all you can hear is Minji's loud sobbing.


 


Minji is now lying on their bed, clutching the small box that Sehun's brother saw fell from Sehun's pocket. A ring, an engagement ring. The gift that she always wanted since they hit their 6th anniversary but Sehun got busy in his work. She fell into the floor when she saw it, that's why Sehun had been checking his pocket often during the whole afternoon and evening. 


She still can't believe that he's telling the truth. That his dreams are like a premonition, a warning but what she can't understand is in Sehun's dream it's her who died, not him. It's supposed to be her, her and not him.

 

Her gift for him which is a new watch because she remember him saying that his watch broke from his dream, she didn’t bought it because she believe at him but because she know Sehun will love it. She just place it next to her, next to the picture of them together, smiling.


Out of a habit, she presses the play button of their player where she put a CD earlier. This is not the CD what she put earlier, so she guesses Sehun changed it? She was about to turn away when a white paper caught her attention, it was carefully keep by the player. The half of it was placed carefully underneath the player. She reaches for it and start to read, the same time the first song played. //The song -  Without You  // 

 

Without you to hold me
And heal my heart
To guide me and keep me
From falling apart

 

Minji,

I hope the time you read this, both of us are together and safe. That we can still spend our time together. I know I've been a bad boyfriend for you and I apologized for that, I always appreciate all your effort. Even to the simplest things, I'm all aware Minji. I may not always says this but I love you so much.

 

 My life is so empty
So hollow and cold
Footsteps and echoes
Of nowhere to go


If my dream came true then I guess, I failed to prevent it. Honestly, since the time that I woke up with you by my side after I dream of that. I become restless and always anxious. I didn't know what to do, all I know is I can't live a day without you.

 

Without you, without you
I know I’m all alone
I can not go on this way
Day by day

 

Cliché it may sound but you always give meaning to my life. The first time, I lay my eyes on you. I know I'll be whipped because you captivated my heart. See? I have a romantic bone in my body, I'm just too shy to show it. I always care for you Minji aa~

 

Without you, without you
I know I’m all alone
I can not go on this way
Day by day


Without you my life would be empty. I can't live without you. I know, I'm going to hurt you on what I did. I'm being selfish because I leave you behind, forgive me. 

 

Without you, who am I
What am I to do
My life’s out of focus
And so are my views


Minji aa? Don't be sad too much okay? It's okay to be sad and please don't blame yourself if I took the hit, that's how much I love you, I'm ready to die for you.


Without me in your life, don't isolate yourself with the world. You're going to be okay I know. Move on Minnie and Live your life to the fullest. Don't hesitate to start anew. 


I'll always watch you from above, just looked up and I'll be there. 


Always.


 

Minji cried even more. He really knew it. She can't help but hate him for that. Why? He knew. 


Kai came over the next day, giving her a key. He said that it's for her. Part of Sehun's surprise. It's a key to a new apartment but not in Seoul, it’s in Tokyo. A new home at Tokyo. Minji smiled, Sehun remembered when she told him that she wants to live in Tokyo with him and start a life there once they got marry.


A month after Sehun's burial, she finally decided that it's time to move out from their home. Together with all their memories with her, she'll start a new life; maybe not together with him, maybe he's really gone but SEHUN is always in her heart and always watching her from above.


She's fine with that.


She's going to be fine

 


 

 

“There is never enough time to do everything. But there is always enough time to do the most important thing.”

 


 

My reaction, your reaction, our reaction:

        

 

     

 

 

Please, LEAVE A COMMENT.

I need a feedback, I badly need it. HAHA

Btw, this is inspired by the movie “If Only”, I’m not really sure if the title is correct.

P.S: Funny, when I edited this story. I burst out in tears again.

Please LEAVE A COMMENT and UPVOTE HERE :))

 - YukiNashreen 12/06/2014