Rain

It's You ..

Author’s Note:

Annnnnnnnd I’m back ^^ Not for good but for my peace. Damn it, do you have any idea how creepy I looked when out of nowhere I suddenly started to giggle in front of the patient just because a fluffy idea came to my mind. Kkkkk~~~                      


                                                                                                                                                                                         

 

Characters: Park Bom & Wu “Kris” Yi Fan

Genre: Romantic Comedy

Date posted: July, 16, 2015

 

 

“RAIN”

 

 

Foreword

She squinted her eyes at the man standing proudly before her and smiling like a total idiot whom he is. She rolled her eyes in annoyance.

 

“You’re a flirt...”

 

“And you’re single.”

 

She frowned at those three words that came out from the annoying man. What is the importance of her civil status anyway? Why did he bring it up? Could it be…?

 

“You’re gay”

 

“EXCUSE ME?!!”

 

“Definitely gay” She nodded to herself, totally convinced that this guy in front of her is indeed gay.

 

“We’ll see if you’re still going to say that lame accusation of yours when I prove to you that I am son of Adan and not on Eve’s team.”

 

As if on cue, he walked towards the smirking woman determine to prove that his on Samson’s side which are strong and manly and will stay there without thinking to cross at Delilah’s crowd but what he didn’t expect was a knee meeting his only chance to celebrate Father’s Day in the future. Damn it.


 

 

“PARK BOM?!” A loud baritone voice took everyone’s attention early in the hallway that day, the girl who unfortunately owned that name cursed under her breath as she furiously turns her head and scowled at the beaming guy who is walking towards her with elegance, like he’s walking on a ramp. Damn it.

 

“What now?!” she shouted which took everyone in surprise because the Park Bom they all knew is prim and very lady like, she’s always calm and collected unlike what they currently seeing right now. The annoying guy stopped few feet away from her and turns sideways with a grin plastered on his face.

 

“Nothing, I was passing by when I saw an ugly little girl. I called your name to check” Now he’s smirking and she gasped like all the oxygen in the world has vanished. The nerve of this guy.

 

“What the hell?!” She scoffed, her grip tightening on her book and decided to give the annoying guy a glare that will melt him and be gone forever. She’s not going to lose her temper and gave him the satisfaction, “I’ll let this slide Wu,” she gritted her teeth and about to turn but not before, “And please stop being an .” She glared at him, “”


 

 

Wu Yi Fan also known as Kris is 1/5 of their school kingkas, it sounds lame and kdrama-ish but that’s how it is. He’s popular and girls swoon at the sight of him together with his group of friends which is totally opposite of Park Bom’s school life who’s known as the prim and proper of their circle, the braniac. Boys admired her and girls respected her.

 

Wondering how they path crossed despite the differences? Kris friend Chanyeol is in a relationship with one of Park Bom’s best friend named Dara. So, when the two got together automatically they’re friends did too, hanging out.

 

The first time they met, Kris went home with a stained on his uniform and a curious interest to Park Bom. Kris and his friends were silently eating their food when Chanyeol came together with his girlfriend and her friends in tow. He didn’t bother to look up instead he busied himself on finishing his meal, the silence was suffocating him because weirdly it may sound his friends were not the type of person who’ll shut their mouth, they’re talkative. So, this silence was weird. Definitely weird. And he didn’t like it. Not a bit.

 

“Brats” Kris scoffed, way to introduce your friends; he looked up and glared at their ungrateful friend, “This is my girl, Dara” Psh. Chanyeol’s way to address his girl was so fluffy-unicorn-rainbow-cotton-candy, “And her friends, Minji” the corner of Sehun’s lips turn upward, “Chaerin” something passed on Tao’s face, recognition? “And Park Bom”

 

Holy mother of Einstein and before he can even stop himself he blurted, “You look awfully familiar” the girl named Bom looked at him like he just came from galaxy.

 

“Huh?”

 

He grins, “Ever been to heaven?”

 

She’s frowning, “No”

 

 He grins for umpteenth time, “Me neither” he scratched the back of his neck as he murmured, “but seeing you feel like I did”

  

Confused, “Eh?” Clearly have no idea what the hell is he talking about and didn’t heard his last seven words. Good. Don’t want to scare her.

 

“Aha!” he snapped his index and thumb finger, “That’s why you’re familiar… you’re the girl of my dream” he said beaming, she rolled her eyes and decided it’s the best if she’ll just going to ignore him. The stain on his uniform? Tao choked and accidentally hit the plate of his spaghetti that landed on Kris, yeah it but he’s fine with it at least it made Bommie smiled.

 

Since then, Kris took all the chance to annoy the woman and get her attention even though he always looked like an idiot. Which he is not, right?


 

 

Kris knew that he’s known as the ladies man because let’s admit it; he’s born with the quality that ladies love in a man. That’s why he’s jealous of his parents; he’ll never have a kid as cool as theirs which is him, right? Hell yeah.

 

That’s why he couldn’t understand why Bommie (Yes, he gave her a nickname) never bother to look at him, at all, even a glimpse, na da. It feels like he’s invisible on her eyes, does he have finally the super power that he wished when he’s still ten? Hmmm. Oh, he went to an ophthalmologist early this day to have his eyes checked because how can he missed Bommie all this years, it’s like failing to see the brightest star in the night sky. Impossible.


 

 

“What are we doing here?” Tao asked when he found himself at the Oracle, the friendly restobar they always went when they don’t have anything to do the next day or sometimes simply hanging out. They have class tomorrow so why are they here again?

 

“I need to make Park Bom fell in love with me” Kris said bluntly as his eyes shine with determination, Tao would be ecstatic if he saw that kind of determination when it is related to school stuff.

 

“O-kay? So, are we going to make a bet on how long?” Baekhyun asked stupidly and resulted to Kris glaring at him.

 

“We’re not in some sappy drama or romance novels to pull something like that. Phu-leaseee; I, great Yi Fan doesn’t need such rubbish things” He tap his chest repeatedly, proud and arrogant.

 

“I don’t think this is a good idea. Park Bom is not for you Kris,” Chanyeol said, why is he here again? Doesn’t he have a girlfriend?  “She’s too nice and-”

 

“Fifth grade, Park. Do you remember?” Kris asked. “At my home. My mother holding a broken piece of her precious vase and already in the verge of tearing up” He can see Chanyeol’s eyes widen at the sudden memory that he buried at the farthest corner in his occipital lobe.

 

“Then the son of one of our helper was told us that he saw you running at the place where the vase is before he heard a loud shattering noise.” He continues, “You looked like you were ready to cry so even if I was going to receive a punishment- a serious one I might add- I told my mom that it was me who did it. And later that day, on my playroom, playing Xbox you told me you owed me your life.”

 

“I’m pretty sure I said I owe you ice cream” Chanyeol replies.

 

“Just the same. You still owe me” he insists.

 

“Then what do you want us to do?” Chanyeol asked, dejected. Kris sure remembers all the things during their childhood that will surely going to benefit him in form of blackmailing. Damn it.

 

Kris smiled on his question, “I need your support for my upcoming actions” he stated like a politician will do during their campaign, “I’m not going to succeed without your help” he nodded on his own words and they just looked at him like how a friend will do, always got your back even doing stupid thing.

 

“And that is?”

 

“Praise me highly when she’s around, how great person am I, how kind am I” he nodded on each one of them, “Make me look perfect.” He love it that he have friends like them, supportive.

 

“You want us to lie?”

 

“YA!!” What a bunch of potatoes. Friends? Psh. Yeah right. Does he need to look for new set of friends? Hm.


 

 

Bom couldn’t understand on why the hell Kris is wasting his time on her, like seriously? What’s wrong with that guy, as if she’s going to acknowledge whatever intention he has. As if she didn’t know, he’s being like that because I rolled my eyes on him the first day we met or maybe the fact that I’m not affected on his so called, ‘Kris deadly charm’ I thanked heavens for that.

 

She kicked the small rock lightly and watched as it bounced not too far away from where she is but then, when she lifted her sight she suddenly wished she kicked it real hard to hit the smiling yet very annoying Kris waiting at the gate. Please, he’s not waiting for her right? RIGHT?


 

 

Why is he into Bommie? He himself has no idea either. It’s just that there is something in Bommie’s attitude when he’s around that he find really irresistible and adorable (hey, that rhymes ^^), like there’s an invisible string that keep pulling him towards her like what he’s currently doing; waiting at the school gate just to see her and have a glimpse of her undeniable beauty (He can be a romance novel writer in here ^^) at seven in the morning which is obviously too early for him.

 

What taking her so long? Right at this moment, he was busy doing a vocal exercise to ease the boredom he's starting to feel when something or someone caught his attention. His eyes are sharp in things like this. Eagle eyes. *_*

 

He smiled brighter than the sun seeing even just the end of Bommie’s hair strand and unlike to his reaction, she frowned maybe wondering why he is smiling creepily like that, it’s disturbing. Did she kill a royal blood from her past life? Because she is damn sure she didn’t save one seeing the cause of her annoyance early in the morning.

 

When she’s just couple of feet away still frowning, he suddenly crouched down and started to look for something that Bommie have no idea about.

 

Curious, “What are you looking?”

 

“My heart” then his bright smile blinded her once again, Gee! What’s his toothpaste anyway? He scratched the back of his neck and shyly, SHYLY looked up to her, “It fell out of my body when I caught a sight of you,” He grins as she just stared at him dumbfounded “Keep it, hm? It’s not going to run away unless you threw it out or I took it back which is impossible” He smiled, brightly and she thinks she need a sunglass right at this moment. Too bright.

 

That was deep, very deep. “You know, you have a future of being a writer with your words” note the sarcasm, “But whatever” she walked passed him, not daring to look back. She might get blind.


 

 

Bom is beyond anxious; she knew to herself that even a little thing can trigger her to go in full panic attack mode. Where is she right now? At Kyunghee University auditorium where the Regional Quiz Bee was being held and she have no idea what got in their school principal mind to choose her as their school representative, to be honest this just a friendly competition but for her this is a big deal, a serious matter.

 

Upon hearing the question that will decide who will going to be included in semi-final, Bom wasted no time and pressed the buzz, she’s about to answer when a loud baritone voice took their attention. All of them.

 

“SARANGHAEYO PARK BOMMIE!!”

 

Surprise, surprise. A tall blond male who will pass as a model was holding pompoms to cheer her with too much enthusiasm and not giving a damn at the stares he’s receiving from the people inside the auditorium and all she can do was to face palmed and save herself from this embarrassing situation.

 

Where that retarded even did managed to get those freaking pompoms? WHERE? I’ll skin alive whoever lends that to him and I’m not even joking. She shut her eyes firmly already stressed out. Oh boy! This is going to be a disaster. When the facilitator finally got off from the initial shock, one of them whistled to silence the rowdy students from her school with Wu leading it proudly like they’re in a soccer match and not in a Quiz Bee, great!

 

“SARANGHAEYO PARK BOMMIE!!” the students cheered with their notebooks wildly swaying in the air, at least not pompoms.

 

“YA!” A furious Kris glared at them, “It’s only me who is allowed to say that” he pointed to himself to emphasized his words, “You will cheer ‘Hwaiting Hwaiting Park Bommie, got it?” and as if on cue,

 

“SARANGHAEYO PARK BOMMIE!!”

 

“HWAITING HWAITING PARK BOMMIE!”

 

Anxious? Silence? Please, why did she even kill that royal blood anyway? Damn it.


 

 

“Are you seriously trying to kill me?” Bom stomped her foot like how a toddler would do. Why you asked her? Dara and Chanyeol have this brilliant plan to have an outing at the beach this coming weekend. She should be excited right? Unfortunately no, the thing is Kris will go together with them and that thing alone can already explain a lot.

 

Kris is… well, is… a special person, not the special you’re thinking but special as in with some brain cells damaged. She hates his guts and his overflowing confidence when it comes to girls. She scowled at the cheekily smiling Dara like what they plan is a good thing. She dreaded that day to come.


 

 

What is wrong with her? Is she blind? Why can’t she see how awesome am I? He already did his best to charm her but no avail, the girl is made of steel. He’s aware that he’s being a total creep but who cares anyway? When you like someone you’ll become stupid and annoying or is it just me? And now I need to use my hidden power though it never crosses my mind that I’ll be needing this one day. Oh well, left with no choice, she better be ready because I can guarantee that my hidden weapon is lethal, deadly even. Ha Ha.

 


 

 

What the hell?! WHAT.THE.HELL?! What is this freaking sorcery? It takes all her willpower not to hit Kris square in the face using the umbrella which is serving as their shade under the rays of sun, the outing happened and she was not a bit excited. Why? Because right at this moment she regretted her decision of being here and we all have idea why, she averted her gaze to avoid the curious look they’re receiving from the passerby, all is Kris fault. What is he doing right now? Killing her. For real. She clenched her fist.

 

“Bommie ya~” A baritone voice doing aegyo, please help her to have the patience not to get convicted of murder this month. It’s so weird to hear and a sin to watch him doing one.

 

He batted his eyelashes as he blink at her innocently and then a puppy eyes as he now cupped his cheeks with his hand. Oh crap. Oh crap. Oh crap. Patience, where are you? She’ll really going to be convicted of murder this month or maybe now. She decided it is best for all of them to ignore him. Ignore. Ignore. Ignore.

 

WHERE THE HELL WAS ALL THESE AEGYO COMING FROM?!


 

 

Kris wiggled his body like a jelly as he pouted. Did you saw that? His dignity flying away from him? Psh. He watched as Bommie took the sarong lying next to her and furiously threw it at him. Of course, he caught it. No sweat. Oof- the lotion didn’t, Aww.

 

“It hurts”

 

“You’re.Embarassing.Me.Go.Away.” Yep, it’s confirmed. She’s mad. Terribly. Totally. Do I need to run for my life now? Nope. Love conquers all. Yes. Yes.

 

“YA!” he suddenly blurted when he felt the pain it cause being hit by her slippers. Yes, slippers, more than one.

 

“I’m telling you Wu Yi Fan, I am seriously mad now.” Annnnd I can totally see it, it’s visible and did she just call me by my full name? Well damn, this is serious now.

 

He took the neglected sarong at the sand and approach the furious woman, she just watched him with cautious eyes. Scary. Brr. He put the sarong on her shoulder and made it like how the cape was and smiled cheekily. “Now, you’re SUPER MAD” and he took off when he saw her eyeing the table and the… stones. In Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, Safe & Security comes first before Love & Belonging. So yeah, run?

 

“KRIS!!” She chases him with the cape on and he knew he needed to be fast because ‘Super Mad’ is after him. Oh my god, did I just laugh? HAHAHAHA!


 

 

Kris was in the kitchen table thinking on whatever feeling he’s harboring towards the always-annoyed-yet-adorable Bommie. He really can’t understand himself now, he’s enjoying watching Bommie scrunched her face when she’s starting to feel annoyed, how she took a good amount of air and scoffed as she glared at his handsome face.

 

Over all, he liked how her expression changed just by the sight of him, it feel refreshing and calming. He may sound totally retard but that’s how it is. His train of thoughts got interrupted when he saw movements from his peripheral view and not long after Bommie emerged in her Kerokeroppie pajama. What a lovely sight. I can get use to this.

 

Bommie slowly entered the kitchen, rubbing her eyes like a sleepy girl. It made his heart warm at the sight of how cute she looked, exactly like a child and Kris told to himself that he will protect her with all his might. His Bommie.


 

 

Bom cursed the clueless registrar when Kris became her classmate in their elective subject, Archery. She thought classes will be her escape from seeing Kris but she thought it wrong. How unfortunate. Kris with a bright smile that will blind you is standing next to her like a leech. Please, all I want is a peaceful class to attend.

 

“Even if I lost my memory, I could never forget you”

 

Bom looked above wearing a very serious face, what did I do wrong? She glared at the beaming Kris, “I will hit you...” Threatening is not her forte but if this will work on Kris then she’ll make sure she’ll be expert in it.

 

Kris looked at the bow and arrow she’s holding then smiled again, so bright. “You already did.”

 

Uh? Did she miss something? Clueless, “Huh?”

 

“Here” He pointed at his chest where heart is located, “Your arrow hit me right through my heart, bull’s eye”

 

Bom groaned, “You’re crazy. Get away from me” her cold voice might do something?

 

But he just flashed another bright smile as he says, “Crazy for you” He even have the audacity to wiggled his eyebrows!

 

“Ugh...”


 

 

As days passed by, Bommie’s glaring and unwelcome attitude towards Kris slowly melted away like she’s getting used to all his words and him, constantly always one her side and Kris could never been happy that she’s softening to him.

 

Kris is busy munching the chips as he concentrate on watching the drama Tao’s been talking about. It’s a story of a four young lads who have it all, face, money and authority. The leading man got interested to an average student who is peacefully attending their school without getting too much attention. The leading man did all his best to make the average student know him as being him and not how the school views him.

 

Sounds familiar? Damn right. Our situation was freakily familiar. Cool right? Things like this makes my hope shoot up unto the sky. He really does hope that their story will end up how this drama did.

 

Together.

 

Or so he thought…

 

The day after their exam week, Tao invited them all to spend their time altogether at one of the restobar who allowed students to hang out. They didn’t object because seeing an upset Tao, they all knew he needed someone to be with, friends who can entertained him so he’ll think less about that person who unfortunately was with them either.

 

Out of nowhere Tao started to tear up, “Residents of earth” sniffed, “When you finally thought you found someone worth wasting your time, you should cherish that someone with all your heart and spend every ing minute thinking of her and being with her.” He glanced at the direction where Chaerin is peacefully sitting, “I know we’re too young for this but I think I already found that someone…” tears were now visible on his face, “and unfortunately, I let her go.”

 

Silence. No one dare to make some noise. It’s not a secret to all of them that Chaerin and Tao dated for a year when they’re still in sophomore and broke up in junior year. No one knew the reason but only the past lovers.

 

“I never even got a chance to prove at her how much I love her…” Tao longingly stared at Chaerin who just ignored him and all his words. “Chaerin…”

 

“Shut the up, Hwang.” Chaerin said in a stern cold voice, “You should probably follow my advice and apply as a writer in one of the broadcasting station” she glared at him, “you are soooo good with your words. I almost fall for it. You lost your chance. So ing shut up” Chaerin stood up and left. That sounded familiar?

 

“Chaerin…” Tao whispered then hastily followed her. The past lovers are gone for a few minutes but still no one made a noise not until,

 

“Bommie aa~ Can I talk to you?” Kris asked the still in daze Bom beside him, he nudged her when he didn’t receive a response and when she finally turns to him, “Can I? Outside?” she nodded.

 

Kris is determined to do this because in the end we only regret the chances we didn’t take and hearing the exchanged of words between Tao and Chaerin he suddenly realized that he can lose Bom even in a simplest reason and he didn’t want that. No. He can’t afford that.

 

“Bom, I know this is out of nowhere and please don’t think I did this without thinking but,” he took her hand, “I am in love with you.” There, he finally drops the L word.

 

Silence.

 

She’s looking at the floor like it’s the most fascinating thing she had ever seen in her whole life. And he hates it. The silence.

 

“Bom?”

 

Still nothing.

 

“What are you saying?” She look anywhere except at him, he suddenly felt a tingling sensation at of the palm of his hand. “Are you drunk?” Still not looking at him,

 

Bom, look at me. Damn it.

 

 

“I thought we have something…” Kris sadly said, “You reacted to all the things I did, smile or laugh with my craziness and all. You even let me hold your hand and hug you. All of that meant nothing to you?” Have you ever wanted to ask a question but you didn’t because you knew your heart wouldn’t be able to handle the answer? Now is not the time for that because Kris wanted to know if there is something between them.

 

“Yi Fan, what are you talking about? There was never something between us. Don’t assumed things. You’ll just hurt yourself.” Bom answered, dreading the things that will happened after this talk.

 

Kris hated confrontation so right at this moment he’s wondering how did they end up talking like this, “But… in movies and stories, our situation always ending up to be together, for one another. We are bound to end up together.” He knew he’s being repetitive with his reason but he needed to be.

 

Bom scoffed in disbelief, didn’t expect a guy like Kris believed in such things like that, “Says who? I didn’t mean to be a here” Kris cringed on that but Bom didn’t care now, “But let’s face it, for all the things that you’ve done I can clearly say that they all have ulterior motives.” Bom looked at him sadly, Please don’t love me, and I’m not capable of that. “Only in stories bad guys turned to good ones, players to stick to one and hate to love, we’re not in story nor movies Kris, this is reality and in our reality there is no way we’re going to be together.”

 

. . . Kris sticks his tongue inside his cheek, stopping himself to be emotional, “Is it that hard to love me? Does it weight too much?”

 

No, it’s not like that, Bom thought. When she noticed that Kris eyes is starting to get teary, she shifted her gaze to somewhere else and avoided to look at him, she didn’t knew where but she felt a pang of pain, like something is breaking in her. Somewhere within her.

 

“How can you assume that I have ulterior motives? How can you be too sure that I’m not capable of being the guys in the stories that changed because of love?” Kris looked at her, almost pleading. Bom tried her best not to fall on whatever things that Kris was saying. This is reality and not some kind of fiction.

 

“I admit that at first I just want to piss the hell out of you because it’s tiring to see you every day wearing only one expression and that was calmness, I want to see you in other expression too, to see you lose your cool but along the way, the laughing matter turned in to a genuine one. I started to care about you when I’m supposed to be not, make your friends lie at you just for you to accept the foods that you refused to eat during break, talk to the girls who hated you because my attention is solely on you. All the things that I thought you’ll appreciate. How can you… just do… this?”

 

I need to do this; this is the only way to protect myself to get hurt. With hesitation, Bom rolled her eyes as if she’s done with all the drama, “Stop your dramatic act Kris, it is not working.” Stop making this hard for us please, “Stop making up stories” Her stern voice made Kris to flinched, just stop. It’s starting to hurt me.

 

Kris once again smiled at her sadly, “I thought you started to see me as a man who is capable enough to be with you and not a guy who is playing. I guess I assumed things again, silly me” He grins on that and she just stared at him, “Well, now that things are finally clear then I guess this is it” Kris held his hand out, “It’s nice meeting you Park Bom” You made my life brighter than before, he wanted to add but didn’t have the courage to.

 

Bom hesitantly reach her hand out only to be surprised by a thick book replaced Kris warm hands. She looked up at him wondering what this book was. So, this is why he’s been holding a paper bag the whole night and guarding it seriously?

 

Kris lovingly looked down at her like she really matter to him and he wanted to laugh at the irony, he’s the one who used to received such gazes from the girls before but look what’s happening right  now. Life is cruel on its own way, “Memories”

 

“… What?”

 

He didn’t answer her question instead, “My Bommie…” he said almost impossible to hear but because they are near enough, Bom caught his words. He pats the top of her head twice like how he usually did and smiled at her forcedly, “Until next time…”


 

 

Kris restrains himself to look back and take a glimpse of the woman he seriously adored and wanted to be called as his girlfriend. A few months ago, if people were to tell him that he’d end up like this- devoted to be love back by the woman he loves and be a love sick puppy that can’t survive a day without seeing Bommie- he would have just laughed at them and tell them they were crazy. Yet look where he is right now, walking away from the woman whom he promised he will cherish and love with all his heart and soul.

 

He used to mock couples who wore couple tee, went for movies and dates but right now, he’ll do everything to experience all of that with Bommie. Love can really make you a different person because right at this moment he feels like a romantic novel writer based on how he explained things and stuff. Hard to admit but all along he expected this but it didn’t stop from being any less painful. . Why does it feel like he couldn’t breathe? Bommie.

 

I thought she saw, that she’s aware I’m being true with all the things I did. Boomie ya~? Don’t I mean anything at all? Because loving you is one of the best thing that happened to him at the same time being with her hurts too, it’s like waiting and waiting for someone who never came.

 

I love her even if I need to cross the street to avoid her. She was never mine but losing her broke my heart.

 

And it really hurts…


 

 

Bom watched him walked away… away from her. The distance separating them is making her heart ache, his back facing her. She thought for a moment that he’ll look back to smirk and wink at her like what he always did but nothing he just… walked. Away from her.

 

When he finally turned around the corner, Bommie couldn’t take it anymore so she let herself fell on her knees and with trembling hands, she slowly open the green thick book whom Kris left at her. What welcome her were her face scowling and her hand reaching something in front of her, shoving it away. She remembers this; it was when Kris took at photo of her after he successfully made her mad. Under the said photo was a messy writing, “Success!! Finally, I pissed her off \\(0-0)//she can’t help but smile, the emoticon he put looked smug, and she can really imagined his face while writing this words.

 

The next photo was her hand held out in front of her, Kris was wincing (in pain?) and a book on his chest, and this was when she finally got fed up with Kris antics. She threw her book at him; she remembered laughing at him and him, smiling at her. It was weird. He's weird.

 

She continues to browse the content of the book that turned out to be a scrap book. The photos in here are all stolen and managed to capture moments that she can’t remember seeing like Kris smiling in triumph while following her with her things in his possession and us usual she’s annoyed, him glaring at her and Seunghoon sharing a book (He’s at their back), the times when he gave her a green plastic rose and she clearly remembered him saying, ‘I’ll stop bugging you if that rose withered’ she end up punching him, his proud face and his fist in the air holding a pompoms when she won as first runner up in the Quiz Bee she participated.

 

She turns the pages getting wary as she did, Kris letting her head lean on his shoulder when she fell asleep at the bus on her way home, him smiling reflecting hers, Bom bored face as she sat at the gym bleacher holding a banner that her friend Dara made, ‘Kris is my sun and I’m his moon’, Kris with his fist in the air while the other one intertwined with hers, him hugging her when she thought she lost her dog Choco at the park and his picture with Choco as he smiled widely as if he just won in Olympics.

 

She didn’t knew all this, she’s not aware that it was him who brought Choco back safely, that he’s sending her home and keeping her comfortable as she slept on the bus (she never caught him).

 

“Why is Tao always around? And why is he always carrying a camera?” she asked once when she noticed the Chinese guy always around wherever they are. It’s like having paparazzi.

 

“Don’t mind him, he just can’t live without me” Kris answered her in a joking manner and after that she never bother herself to ask more.

 

She has no idea. Not a single one. All the things he’d done for her was left unnoticed and all his effort to make her smile. She didn’t… know.

 

All the photos was able to captured different emotion Kris has whenever she’s around, not even halfway through the book Bommie noticed something about the change in the glint in his eyes, it was playful on the first few photos but as she keep turning it became genuine and sincere.

 

Her hand clamped in utter surprised, how can she be so blind about this tiny yet important detail? Why didn't she not notice it earlier?

 

“Kris… Yi… Fan… I’m sorry”

 

Bom promised to herself that she’s going to apologize for all the words she said and the things she’d done the next time she saw him which is on their graduation day.

 

And that promise broke because she never saw him again.

 

Not even a glimpse.


 

 

Author’s Note:

No second part. No request or anything. I’ll just post story whenever idea came or I’m not busy in taking care of the patients. I’m not being a here but I’m really trying hard to live my reality but my addiction which is AFF is not letting me go. So, let’s just enjoy the moment while it last?

 

Thank you for reading and please do visit my other story ^^

Till next time friend \\(^o^)// xoxo


 

 

 

 

 

This is why you shouldn’t just leave like that.

 

Dara and I are busy talking about the stuff that only girls can understand as we waited at the restaurant to wait for someone whom I’ll be delighted to see all these years <- according to Dara and as a good friend, I decided to ride along on her choice of words though I find it too dramatic.

 

As I was busy storytelling animatedly with help of my hands, someone suddenly sat beside me and it annoyed me. It was a fact that I hated it when someone crosses my personal space because I value it so much, thank you very much. I was about to give a good scolding but when I turn to face the intruder, my mind went black and just stared at him who is grinning idiotically. What the.

 

“Yi Fan?” she asked in a disbelief tone, is it really him? The guy who loved her way back years ago? At the mention of his name, he smiled widely as he placed his right hand in front of his chest and bowed like a knight would do to a royalty.

 

“The one and only”

 

Bom looked back to Dara who is just observing them; she pathetically stood up from her seat and went to sat beside Dara, now facing Yi Fan. The fact that Kris was just arm away and now smiling at them happily was still sinking to Bom. This is a surprised. She remembered looking for him on the day of their graduation and days after that but gave up after a month of not receiving any news about him.

 

All these years, no one surpassed the love she received from this man. She lately saw how sincere he is to her, that he truly loves her that time and it took all Chanyeol’s power to explained to her on why Yi Fan was like that and the funny thing is, she love him back. She used to mock the saying ‘You’ll going to realize the importance of one person when he/she is already gone’ and boy, she did relate on that. The time Kris went off the radar, she suddenly looked for the things he usually did even the simplest one.

 

When I turned to look at Dara, I almost ran away from the place. How could her look at me like that? Like she knew I still loves the guy? This guy. I always denied the fact that Kris made me fell in love with him, no one knew that I really did because I made sure to keep it hidden at the bottom part of my heart, the place where no one can access but I guess, best friends really do know when something is up. I just hope he waited for me.

 

“Long time no see Dara… Bommie ah~” the way he said my name was the same back then. Bom smiled back and did nothing to start a conversation; she’s still trying to absorb all this. “So, what’s new about your lives?”

 

Dara smiled, aware what her friend been going through. “Chanyeol proposed to me week ago!” She excitedly said which earned a smile from Kris, “I am so surprised when my friends drag me at the beach in the middle of the night, only to find Chanyeol grinning like a Cheshire cat at the seaside with candle lit dinner” Dara animatedly said, trying to save the awkwardness that will ensued, “and our friends decided to be the crew that will serve us.” She laughed, “It was funny because Tao and Bommie ate the food we’re supposed to eat” she took a side glanced at Bom who’s still in trance and failed to notice the fondness on Kris eyes as he look at her.

 

“I bet Chanyeol got mad”

 

Dara laughed, “Very mad. He actually threw Tao at the cold ocean and boy, did Tao shrieked like a hyena.” Kris laughed once again and about to say something but got interrupted by a loud shriek coming from the entrance of the restaurant that came from an excited Tao with the rest of their friends distancing themselves away from him, as if Tao is not with them. They don't know him.

 

Kris looked back at them and smiled widely. Tao pulled the embarrassed Chaerin towards their table, Chanyeol sat beside his fiancée while the others just sat where they prefer. Seeing them altogether after high school is overwhelming. Tao squeezed the hell out of Kris as soon as he reaches the smiling Kris.

 

“I missed you bro” Tao smiled but frowned afterward, “That sounded gay but I really do miss you” the others just smiled.

 

“Time for reminiscing our past!” Chanyeol announced which earns loud groans and number of protest. In every reunion there is now way you can’t go back to the stories that happened during your younger days, the embarrassing ones to be exact.

 

“Okaaaaaay, let’s start with Kris being smitten to Bommie” Tao suggested and failing to notice that Bom stiffened from the mention of it. Damn it.

 

“Do you still remember Kris face when he saw Bommie on our senior prom night?” A roar of laughter from the guys erupted from their table with Chanyeol leading it and giggles heard from the ladies and a small smiled appeared on Bom’s face.

 

“That was priceless. He looked like a fish out of water, eyes bulging that you would think his eyeballs would fall off and the amazing thing was?” Chanyeol asked and not giving his friends to answer, “Tao has a picture of it!!” Tao smiled proudly while Kris glared at the young male.

 

“I have a photo of Kris weird expression during that phase of him being a puppy to our Bommie” he took a glimpse of the quiet Bommie, “I’m their photographer, remember? The struggle was real; stopping yourself to share it was a very tough thing to do especially when Kris was embarrassing.”

 

“It’s really been years eh” Kris said solemnly.

 

“Yeah”

 

“And Kris? Those photos of yours? I still have it, want me to bring it next time we meet? Though it might be years again?”

 

Kris smiled, “Don’t be silly. We’re not going to meet years after, we’ll going to meet about a month after today” the rest of his friend gave him a questioning look, wondering why would they going to meet after a month, they are all aware that he’s just here to do an important thing then he’ll be back in China.

 

“What do you mean meeting after a month?” Sehun finally asked the question flooding on their mind and before Kris can even answer, a lovely voice caught their attention.

 

“Yi Fan?”

 

Kris looked at the source of it then smiled brightly; he stood up and went to the beautiful woman who was looking at their table in shyness. Tao moved to sit beside his girlfriend Chaerin and gave his seat towards the woman. Kris, holding her closely faces his friends as he said,

 

“Ladies and Gentlemen” he bowed like how the medieval knight would do which earned a rolling of eyes from the woman beside him, “This is my fiancée and we’re getting married in month time that’s why we’re going to meet in a month...”

 

The surprised looked was evident with all the people present in their table and it’s Dara who first got off from such state as she whisper to Bommie, “Want to watch some drama later?” with solemn voice.

 

Bommie nodded. She needs to watch a drama and make it as her excuse for crying because no one knew how she’s feeling right now.

 

No one knew.

 

She didn’t let anyone to know.

 

Not even him.

 

And it will be her biggest regret in her life.


 

“Rain” – Some says rain represent the emotion of sorrow, that the heaven was empathizing what you feel inside but other people believe it’s a way to wash down all the negative emotion you felt because after every rain was a new beginning, a new chapter. That after every rain is a beautiful rainbow.

 


Please do leave a comment? Please. I really like to read your opinion about the stories I’ve posted. Is it bad? And upvote will be great too.

Till next time friends ^O^ 

 

- YukiNashreen