A Chance

It's You ..

 


“Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result. Make a different choice"

 

Characters: Oh Sehun & Gong Minji
Genre: Drama
Date Posted: December, 02, 2014


 

 "A Chance"

 

Sehun tiredly laid his back on their soft bed and sighed heavily, today was a very tiring day for him. He let the soft comforting music played by their player to consume him, his girl loves to listen with this kind of music; ballad and melodramatic songs and he guess he kind of adapts to like it too. Being a manager of one of the most popular boy group in Korea entertainment is surely a very tiring task to do especially if the boys was so naughty and full of energy. As he was staring at the ceiling, his mind went to think about her; is she on her way home already?  .. He drifted into sleep thinking about that.


A soft kiss to his lips woke him from his slumber, he slowly opens his eyes to peek at the person who kissed him and who he saw is the reason why he's happy and contented with his life, every single day.


He let out a yawn and darted his eyes towards he woman who is sitting next to him, "How long I was knocked out?"


Her eyebrow furrowed, “It’s 12 on the evening now or morning? Hun"


"So, its 5 hours?"


"I think so? Why are you home so early anyway?" She lay next to him now and reach for his arm to make it as her pillow, he pulled her closer.


"The schedule of the boys ended early and they're beat up, so we decided to take a rest for the night." He felt her nod.


 


Gong Minji or Minnie for him is his girlfriend since college. They've been together now for almost eight years. Their first meeting was a funny story to be told to their future grandchildren’s, it was an example of what they called, "wrong place" at the wrong time" because meeting someone in the middle of the club being raid by the police officers is not what every girls dream during their childhood days on how they're going to meet their 'Prince Charming'.


He was in dazed when the raid happened, unable to move, he just watch the things unfold in front of him not until he felt someone hold his wrist and tugged him away; away from the chaos that is happening. They run and run and.. run, he's not a minor anymore to be afraid of being caught that's why he have no idea why is he running so fast right now, oh wait. 


He let himself slowdown from running and the girl slowed its pace too. By the time they stopped, the girl let go of her hold but now, he's the one who hold her hand and pulled it toward him to making the girl to turn around and finally able to face him. A minor.


"You're a minor."


"Thanks for stating that Mr. Obvious, of course I'm a minor; I'm not going to run away if I'm not, right?" She looked at him as if asking him to agree on what she just said but he just stared at her. "You're a minor too, right?" He just stared at her, she fidgets her fingers and looked at him unsure, “right?"


"No, I'm already legal and my name is Oh Sehun" and by that he pulled her forcefully that made her bump onto his chest.


"What the?!"


 

 

"What are your plans for tomorrow?" Minji asked him, as she prepared their late dinner or early breakfast? He didn't know.


"The usual but a little different because it's the boys day off; so probably just fixing their schedules here and there and a meeting with Sajangnim, why?" Sehun looked up from what he's doing and vaguely noticed the glint of disappointment passed in her eyes, is there something special about tomorrow? Or better yet, today?


"Nothing" Now, he really felt today is a special day for Minji because her voice lowered to being gloomy, "Let just eat"


 

 

Upon waking up, Sehun is still thinking what is special today. He got up from bed and went to their bathroom to prepare himself for facing the whole day. After he's done doing everything that he needed to do, he finally walked out from the room only to find Minji ironing clothes in the kitchen counter?


"Jagi? What are you doing?"


Minji suddenly looked up a little surprise and got startled by his voice. "Oh, I'm ironing your favorite long sleev-" her words we're cut off when she finally noticed that he's already dressed up. "Oh, you're already done fixing yourself" she said in disappointment and Sehun felt bad about it.


"No, just iron that because I'm going to wear that, I don't like this sleeves I'm wearing anyway" Minji beamed that made him smile a little, he was pouring a coffee when he heard Minji yelped, he instantly went to her side only to see that she burned herself with the edge of the iron.


He shook his head while she just smiled, "Sorry?"


"You really are clumsy Minnie" He pulled her towards the sink and let the water run through her fingers, as he was busy with cooling Minji's fingers; Minji tiptoed and kissed him on the  cheeks and by that he leaned forward to place a kiss on her lips. He was about to kiss her again when she smiled.


"We're going to be late Jagi, I know you don't like being tardy"


 

 

 

"Are you working until late night?" Sehun asked her when they walked out from their apartment building. 


"No, I have to do something special tonight"


"What is-- what the hell?!" 


""


Sehun and Minji said in unison. Sehun looked above and saw a kid holding a bucket with no water in it, of course because the water is now on Minji's clothes; making her look like someone who just showered fully clothe and now walking on the street. Minji looked at him, annoyed.


"Well, this and now I need to go home and change" Minji rolled her eyes, clearly pissed off. "You go on, don't wait for me" He nodded and she turns away walking opposite to where they supposed to be headed.


He pulled out his phone when he heard his ringing tone playing, "Hyung?"


His brother, Yifan rarely called him and when he does, it means there is a special occasion. "Sehun .. Where is Minji?"


"In our home, why?"


"Just want to greet her, Happy 8th anniversary man. Who would have thought you're going to celebrate 8 years of being in a relationship with her, Wo-"


"Wait, it's our anniversary today?" He asked in surprised swinging his arms upward, hitting something, completely dumbfounded that he forgot.


"What? Are you serious? You forgot?" His brother asked him like he's the biggest in the entire world, well, he feel like one now. He forgot their anniversary for the last 2 years too.


"Well.."


"You really did huh? Well, you better make up for it. Go find her a beautiful gift"


He was about to suggest something when being cut off by his brother's voice, "Not a scarf."


"But why?" How did he?


"You already gave her that before  ... Well, you're always giving that to her for the past three years"


"I did?"


"You're in trouble dongsaeng. Better be creative. You know girls are sometimes hard to please" Then he hung up and finally he noticed that his watch is now broken from the impact of hitting something a while ago. Aish !!!


 

 

"What a start of my day, really do happen huh?" Minji asked herself as she place the clothes in front of her, seeing if it suits her. She's in the middle of struggling wearing the purple off sleeve blouse when her phone rang; with only her head and one arm wearing the clothe she reach for her phone.


"Chaerin unnie"


"Minji yaaaa~ Happy Anniversary, little sister" Chaerin, wife of Sehun's older brother; Kris greeted her with too much enthusiasm with its voice.


"Thanks unnie"


"So, what's the plan?" She can picture out her Unnie wriggling it's brows while saying those words. Her lack of response made Chaerin to say some more, "He forgot? .. Again?"


"I don't know unnie.. Maybe. He's been busy for this past few weeks and you know, I don't want to meddle so, I just let him."


"That punk. Don't worry.. I think he have something under his sleeves that surely can make you smile" 


"Thanks unnie for cheering me up.." 


She reach up her Stitch doll that Sehun gave to her long long time ago. She hugs it and pouted, "Ya !! Jihun, you're Appa is ignoring your Omma nowadays" she hugs it tightly. She walked at the other side of their room still pouting and took the cd she wants to hear when she gets home tonight, she placed it unto the player and intend to listen one song but unable to press the play when she noticed something. 


"Hun's organizer!!!!" And by that she rushed going outside..


 

 

"Where is it?" Sehun already put his bag upside down just to search for that organizer of him, he needed that. He's going to have a meeting with the CEO in 5 minutes and he need to write down his suggestion, changes and all things that concern the boys. 


"Mr. Oh? Sajangnim wants to see you now" Seohyun, the ever bubbly secretary told him.


"Of course.." He's about to walk pass her when he suddenly stop and look at her; embarrass, ".. Do you have a clean paper we're I can write something?"


 

 

I run like I am in a marathon, it's a relief that their apartment is just blocks away from his workplace. She breathe deeply when she finally reach the last floor of the building, she knew that Sehun is here; she saw it in his schedule for the day and remembered it from last night. He have a meeting with Sajangnim.


She plastered a smile when Seohyun came to her view, she hastily walk towards her and lightly knocked on her table, "Seo unnie~~"


"Oh, Minji yaaaa~~ what brought you here?" Seohyun asked when she look up from doing something on the computer in front of her.


Minji smiled apologetically as she raised the organizer she's holding.. "Sehun, forgot these .. Can you please give it to him? This kind of important to him. Now, he's in the meeting with Sajangnim?"


Seohyun smiled, "So, that's why he asked for a piece of paper a while ago because he forgot this?" Minji nodded though she have no idea what Seohyun just said, "Sure .. I'll give it to him"


"Thanks !!"


Minji looked at her when she entered the office of the CEO and saw Seohyun simply put the notebook in front of Sehun and saw it too when relief flooded on her boyfriend's face. She smiled to herself. Great job Minji !


 

 

"So, Sehun .. We heard that Sajangnim added lot of new activities in iKON's schedule?" Kai, who is the iKON's choreographer asked him. They're in the resto bar, where they chill or hang out after the meeting they had with the CEO, this is where the manager's, staffs and dancers always go after a very stressful week. 


"Yeah. He added a lot, even an activities from abroad."


"I thought it's Suho hyung who's responsible for the activities outside the country?" Chanyeol, who is the manager of WINNER said.


"Apparently, that grandpa's wife is already in her last month of pregnancy so he took a couple of months leave to attend his wife needs"


"Two months? That's too long for an off" Baekhyun said as he drink the beer like he's drinking a water.


"You know, Hyunsuk hyung can be very considerate in times like this and besides Suho hyung reason is valid, very valid." Sehun said as he frowned when he suddenly thought that his time with Minji will lessen more, they barely see each other in their apartment because he's very busy and she's too.


"By the way, Kris hyung called me a while ago" Kai told him as he looked at him with confusion, "He said, it's your anniversary today and you forgot it." The boys laughed, typical for a man.


He glared at them, Chanyeol swing its arm and place it to his shoulder, "And I bet you thought about giving Minji a scarf as a gift, right?" Him, eye rolling confirmed what the giant thought and earns another round of laughter. Come to think about it, why did they know what his going to give? 


"Why are we talking about my personal life?" Sehun asked, annoyed.


"Cause hyung want me to tell you that her wife, Chaerin noona made a reservation in 'La Belle', so that you and Minji can have a proper 8th year anniversary without you giving her just a scarf as a special gift"


The boys laughed again and because Chanyeol laugh like a penguin flapping it's wings, he accidentally hit the glass next to him that caused for the glass to shuttered.


"Aish! This giant" now, he's really annoyed.


"Sehun naa~~ get up already and leave .." Kai once again, gave him a look, as if mocking him.


"Why would I?"


"You're going to be late with your date. It's already 7:30 in the evening and you're reservation in on 8:00 which is just 30 minutes away."


Sehun abruptly stood up, "You little .. Why didn't you told me earlier.. Aish, I'm going to be late .." By that he place a twenty bucks in the table and run off.


"We know!!" And laughter.


 

 

"You're late with your date with your girlfriend young man?" The cab driver asked him as he looked at the rearview mirror, waiting for his answer.


Sehun just looked at him and nodded afterwards, not saying a word. It's a relief that Minji persisted that he wore a formal attire for the meeting with the CEO, he didn't need to go home and change into a tuxedo to match the restaurant dress code because if he did he's going to be super late. And he didn't want that to happen.


"And I can say you're nervous because today is a special for the two of you?" The driver told him, attempting to have a conversation because the traffic is annoying and again, he just nodded.


"What's your work young man? Does it consumed almost all your time for the day?" 


"Yes, it is" Sehun briefly answered.


"And you still spend some time for your girl, right?" The driver gave him a look that hoping he did gave some time for Minji, only to disappoint him with Sehun's answer.


"Not really, my work is eating up all my time"


The driver gave him a sad gaze that bothered him a little, why do he felt that the old man knew something that he didn't? He looked at the identification card that is hanging at the rearview mirror, 'Do Kyungsoo' is what the old man's name. His attention came back to the old man when he said something to him.


"Spend time with those you love. One of these days you will said either, 'I wish I had' or 'I'm glad I did'. You'll never know how the fate work. You might get surprise if the person who is always there is not on the next"


"What are you trying to imply, Ahjusshi?"


His question got unanswered instead, "Where are you meeting her, young man?"


"Sehun. Oh Sehun"


"Where are you meeting her Sehun?"


He sighed, "In La Belle"


The Ahjusshi suddenly smiled at him, "La Belle is just 4 blocks away if you turn on that street" he pointed at the intersection road, "To the left .. And there's a flower shop near that restaurant too. You're girl will like it, if you’re going to give her; her favorite flower"


Sehun looked at the street where the old man's pointing and looked back at him whom he found wearing a solemn expression as if sad on something but smiled immediately when he noticed that he's now looking at him. Sehun smiled for the first time of the whole travel and gave the old man a bow.


"Thank you Ahjusshi." He gave him the fare and didn't bother to wait for the change. He run off in the middle of the rain and went to the flower shop the old man told him. Flowers.


 

 

The first thing he saw when he's near enough at the said restaurant is Minji rubbing her arm as if she's cold. Of course, she'll feel cold because it's raining heavily and she's just wearing a shoulder off black dress that molded in her curvy body. 


He also saw it when her face lit up at the sight of him approaching but frowned when she noticed that he doesn't have an umbrella and running under the heavy rain. When he finally reached her, Minji took a handkerchief from it's purse and attempt to dry him up.


"What are you doing running under the rain?"


"Well, I don't have an umbrella" he explained.


"Of course, you don't have" She rolled her eyes, "You never had one anyway. Come here, let's go inside. The restaurant heater will help lessen the cold you feel" She hold unto his elbow and guide him going inside.


"Oh Sehun" He told at the receptionist, the lady smiled and told to one of the lady to guide them towards their reserved table.


 

 

"For you.." Sehun gave Minji the three stem of red rose, her favorite.


"Thanks Hun" and she just stared at him after, expecting for something more.


"What?" Sehun asked when he finally noticed what she's doing.


"Where is the scarf?" She asked seriously, very seriously.


"What?" Confused.


"The scarf? That you religiously gave to me every our anniversary?" Playful smile is what written on her face.


"Minji"


She laughed a little, "This is new" She said still smiling as she shook her head, "Anyway, I finally arranged our getaway to Jeju this coming week" Minji said, smiling. You can see her excitement with the trip. Well, who wouldn't? They planned this getaway months ago, months. And he bet she's waiting for this trip to happen long time ago.


Sehun sighed, "Minnie, about that. We can't go"


"What do you mean we can't go?" She asked him immediately, "We've planned this months ago. Going to Jeju is part of our celebration for being in a relationship for eight years. Don't tell me you forgot about that too?" Minji's patience is thinning, he know.


"The boys have a schedule at that time abroad and I'm the one task to go with them"


"How about Suho Oppa?"


"Dara noona is on her last month of pregnancy and hyung can't take the chance of not being on her side when she gave birth"


"What about Chanyeol oppa? Baekhyun Oppa and Xiumin oppa? I'm sure they can be your substitute for that trip"


"Minji, you know that's not how it works" Sehun said, frustrated.


"We barely see each other not until last night. Are we really living in the same roof?"


"Minji, please try to understand"


"Sehun, answer me honestly when did the last time you spend time with me, alone beside last night and early this morning."


Sehun can't answer because it's been a couple of months since their last time of being in a date and together without work meddling in the middle.


"Minji"


"I've been a very understanding girlfriend of you Sehun. I always fix your things at night so that the next day, you're just going to wear whatever clothes I prepare for you. I arranged your things, I left food for you when I need to go to work early, I always do my part Sehun even charging your damn phone but you, what are you doing?!"


Minji's voice is rising and Sehun doesn't like it. "Minji"


"Stop calling my name Sehun. Relationship is founded with two people not one. I feel so alone, like I'm the only one giving effort to make our relationship happy. I understand that you have work Sehun, I have one too but did it make my time for you less? No. I always put you number one in my priority list but you, what are you doing?!"


Minji stood up and Sehun followed. "Sit down Sehun. Don't try to follow me" She walked off and of course, he followed her.


As soon as he reached outside, Minji already managed to call for a cab. It's the old man earlier, Do Kyungsoo. The old man gave him again, another sad smile as if telling him to do something.


He averted his sight toward the angry woman, "Minji" He still managed to reach for her arm.


She faced him with tears already at the edge of her eyes, his face soften as well as his voice. He always hate seeing her cry, more like making her cry, "Minji"


"Don't wait for me. I'm not going home tonight. I'll be staying with Bom unnie's apartment" And by that she get in into the cab but not before she whispered something to him in a very low voice that he barely hear, "Love you"


Once again the Ahjusshi gave him another sad smile, he try to run after the cab but stopped after he realized that she needed time to calm herself down. He just looked at the cab driving away from him when something happened that shook his world.


The cab was crossing the intersection when a truck appeared at the right side of the road that looked like it lost it's break and now moving fast .. too fast toward the unaware cab, the driver inside the truck is gesturing at the cab driver to move away but the cab driver didn't even notice the truck not until it hit them, at the ride side of the cab where ... Minji is sitting. When the truck finally hit them the cab swirled in circle 'cause of the impact and when it finally stopped, his heart did too.

 

It all happened so fast that the next thing he knew, he's running in full speed to reach the unrecognizable cab while shouting Minji's name.


"Minjiiii!!"


"Minji !!"


"No. No. No" Already in the verge of crying


He reached the cab in no time and hastily open the door just to see something that will totally gave him countless sleepless night.


"Minji .. Oh my god" His noona, Chaerin said as soon as she and her husband reached the cab, they all saw it.


"Minji. Minji. Minji" Sehun repeated her named like a mantra. He looked behind him and looked at his Kris hyung in desperation.


"Hyung, do something" He's older brother just looked at him, lost and.. Dumbfounded by the sudden change of event, "do something" he pleaded, desperate and scared on where might this lead to.


"Call. Call .. an.. an ambulance" Sehun said, "Call an ambulanceeeee !!" He shouted in desperation. "Ambulance" Totally losing it.


Sehun leaned forward to Minji but not totally touching her or attempting to move her because it may cause more complication, "Baby .. Minnie.. Minji .. Jagiya .."


He leaned more when he noticed that she's about to say something despite of her condition, "Baby?"


"Se .. Se hu- un..?"


"I'm here baby.. I'm here .." He heard the sound of an ambulance approaching the site of accident.


"Se- Se hu- un .. I .. I .. Lo- lov- love .. Yo- yo- you-u"


"Minji yaaaa !!" She can't say that in times like this, It felt like she's .. She's..


"Sir, please step aside .. We need to get the victim out of the car" One of the people who came out from the said ambulance.


"Jagiya !"


"Sir, please move aside"


Sehun felt being tugged away from his Minji. His brother voice barely registered in him as he focused on the sight before him. His Minji is carefully being removed from the wrecked car. Anyone who's going to see the condition of the car will think that surviving is impossible.


He numbly ride in the ambulance and quickly held Minji's hand, tightly afraid that if he let go of it, Minji will leave him. No, he can't bear that.


"Jagiya~~ Just a little more. We're already near the hospital."


"Hold on babe"


"Stay with me"


"Don't let go"


"Dont.. Don't leave me" Sehun said as he held her hand and kiss it once in a while. Head down. Crying. Desperate.


As soon as they arrived at the hospital, Minji is wheeled toward the emergency room and hooked with different needle and some strips. The monitor is showing a very weak line, it barely lift from flat line. The medical practitioners move in hurry, in sync that you'll think every second matter which it really is.


Sehun is just staring at the weak line on the monitor when changes happened, it went from weak line to flat with the loud beep resonating inside the room as if asking for attention and by these the practitioners did moves faster than before.


"120 Joule"


"Clear!"


A beep.


"200Joule!"


"Clear!"


A beep, again.


"360 Joule!"


"Clear!"


Still a beep.


No.


No.


This can't be.

 

The doctor looked at him, resembling the Ahjusshi had been giving him. A sad expression, the expression people have when they knew you lost someone very important in your life, No.


Please.


Please No.


"I'm sorry"


"9:01 pm, time of death"


No.


 

 

Sehun is now lying unto their bed, tightly hugging the stitch Minji love to hold. It's been an hour and a half since the doctor declared Minji's death and his brother insisted that he needs go home, saying that he together with his wife will be the one who's going to manage all the things that needed to be done with Minji's body. They even asked the doctor to sedate him because of his breakdown at the emergency room the moment the doctor announced that she's finally gone.


Minji's body.


It's funny how just earlier this day she just kissed him on the cheeks and burned her finger due to her clumsiness. That she prepared breakfast for the both of them. That she choose the sleeves he's going to wear .. That she .. she ..


He reached for the player and pressed play to hear what her girlfriend wanted to hear when she gets home .. And he regretted this action of him because the song played just brought a new wave of pain unto his chest that he thought his heart will going to explode any moment now and doesn't care anymore.. Listen to this .. Scared to death


You can leave me
Take away all that I have
You can want me
Love me for who I am
Choices, romance
Takin' me high in the air
Flyin', so scared
Afraid not to see you again

 

I didn't leave you and I won't. I will never. You're all that I have and want. I love all about you with all of me. What I'm going to do. I won't be seeing you anymore, Minji.


'Cause I'm scared to death
Now that I'm losin' you
I'm scared to death
Knowin' I can't get through
I'm scared to death
Living this so lonely life without you
Oh baby, I'm scared to death


How am I going to live my life without you. You're part of my day, of my life.  Why did I lose you. Why did you let go. Why did you leave me. Why.


Somethings changin'
Giving me fears run through my head
Only find me
Give me the eyes I will understand
Words left unsaid
Leaving me weak in the edge
Getting over
I'm running scared
I can't comprehend


'One of these days you will said either, 'I wish I had' or 'I'm glad I did'. What the Ahjusshi said to him finally made sense. Words that left unsaid, how he regret rarely telling her how much he loves her. How will she know it if she's .. she's .. Not here anymore .. I love you so much, Minji. So much that it hurts. You know that, right? That I love you so much? Right, Jagiya?


'Cause I'm scared to death
Now that I'm losin' you
I'm scared to death
Knowin' I can't get through
I'm scared to death
Living this so lonely life without you
I'm scared to death
Fallin' in love with you
I'm scared to death
There's nothing that I can do
I'm scared to death
What if you won't be around anymore


How I wish I spend more time with you, now that you won't be around anymore. All I feel is regret, regret of not being always there for you that I didn't listen with the things that you want to do and went to places where you want to go. Minji, don't leave me.

 

 

Come back, my love.


 

And finally I'm back ..
Now, now .. I'll start typing the story I told you about BUT I'm a little lazy to think.
Just wait a little bit more?
Thank you for still reading my stories.

This ain't done yet.


 

"In the end we only regret the chances we didn't take"

 


 My reaction:

 

Your reaction:

 

 

SPAZZ: OMG. YGStans !! Did you watched the MAMA? OMG. The men of YGFamily is all super HOT. The "LITTLE ONE's" are so enegetic and handsomes and all. OMG !!

 

 

- YukiNashreen 12/05/2014