Liberty Walk

It's You ..

 

"Life is too short to spend time with people who the happiness out of you"

 

Characters: Gong Minji

Updated: February, 06, 2015


 

"Liberty Walk"

 

 

Why is she all in black?

 

Why is she even here?

 

I need to change my schedule...

 

So ugly

 

She look stupid... So stupid

 

 

Minji didn’t even grace even a single glimpsed the student who have this habit of talking about her... Again. This scene often happen, everyday actually. Aren’t they get tired? They always talked about the same thing over and over again. Pathetic if you’ll asked her, they are all pathetic. Minji dropped her things at one corner, sits, pulled out her mp3 and put her earbuds on not giving a damn about the stares she’s receiving.

 

Gong Minji or better known as Minzy; is the Seoul High rebel as what her school mates labeled her. She’s sure that if her friends would hear that lame label they put on her, they’ll be rolling on the ground from laughing hard. She’s a transferee in this school, she transferred during their sophomore year because of the reason that she want to prove to her parents that she can finish schooling without relying from her friend’s help and some other personal things.

 

 She’s a senior now but no one bothered to befriend her; well maybe there are some brave souls who tried but end up failing. She didn’t bother to befriend them either, why would she? They judge her before they even know her that’s why she’s better off alone and besides she already got her own set of real friends.

 

“Miss Gong will be the one who’s going to represent our class for the upcoming school festival dance contest” Their dance instructor announcement earned a number of protest and complaint. Some of her classmates openly glared at her as she just gave them her usual poker face which always mean to ‘ off’

 

Minji was busy hanging out all by herself at the school garden as she puffed on her cigarette when suddenly a panting boy came. She silently watch the boy and didn’t even bother to let her presence be known, the boy though looked like a lost puppy as he shed some tears; it’s amusing, really. He didn’t even notice her even if she’s just few steps away from him leaning against the wall until she broke into a fit of laughter, why? He sneezed and boy, he look so stupid, pitiful stupid puppy.

 

“Mi- Minzy” He wiped his tears in an instant using the back of his hand which made Minji grimaced, disgusting.

 

Ew. She threw her handkerchief at him and surprisingly he have fast reflexes because he managed to catch it before it landed unto the ground. The boy just stared at her handkerchief like it’s the most sacred thing he saw in his life.

 

“Wipe that face of yours using that and not your hand, you look” She sighed, “Ew”

 

The boy followed her words as he busy himself wiping whatever is it on his face, Minji walked towards him and when she’s near enough; she leaned forward and he flinched; that action of him made her amused more.

 

“Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol” Minji read his name tag located on his upper right chest, So, why are you gracing the school rebel the privilege to witness your emotional breakdown.. Mr. Park”

 

She knew the boy –er guy, he’s her classmates in her dance class and besides she always see him getting scolded by their dance teacher and he also the one who always got bullied in their class.

 

“How.. How can you ignore their harsh words?”

 

Chanyeol’s question caught her off guard, is he really asking her about that? She saw him gulped then cleared his throat, “How can you ignore them?” he repeated and she glared at him and he flinched. Again.

 

“I heard you the first time. The thing is, everything is better when you decide you don’t care”

 

Now, he looked confused. “What?” Aww. What a cute puppy, can take him home?

 

“The trick is that as long as you know who you are and what makes you happy, it doesn’t matter how others see you. This is your life, your choice and not theirs”

 

She took another stick of cigarette from her bag and light it up, “The world is going to judge you no matter what you do, so live your life the way you ing want to” He winced with her choice of word and she ing find his reaction adorable. “You got to stop treating other people like you owe them something”

 

Chanyeol being a natural good hearted person may lead him into an undesirable situation like being bullied which he is right now and other things that he’s not used to.

 

“I’m just being fair” He answered as he diverted his gaze from her into the ground.

 

She smirked as she stepped forward towards him and when she’s near enough, she reach for his chin to looked directly into his eyes, “If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair” she took a stepped back putting the cigarette into then blow the smoke on Chanyeol’s face and he cough, no surprise there then she laughed, a sarcastic one. “You’re fooling yourself. That’s like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn’t eat him” She shook her head, he’s too naïve.

 

“So, you’re saying that I need to be unfair?” Too naïve and gullible too.

 

“No, stupid” She glared at him, “What I’m trying to say is don’t be afraid to make a move, it won’t hurt you. Don’t listen to all the people who hate because all they do is to make your mistake for you. Be confident because having confidence is so important because how you see yourself is how the others will see you too, if you knew to yourself that your weak then they’ll see you weak and they might take advantage on that. Be confident” She tap his jaw twice, “Man up and I think I’m spending too much time talking with you. So,” She stared at him who is still trying to sink in what she just said and by that she rolled her eyes, “Whatever”



 

Chanyeol.

 

Ever since that day, I started to see Minzy –er Minji in different light, lighter than her previous color. She maybe looked tough and all but I knew she have a kind heart which only special people to her can see.

 

I rarely see her in our class these past few days, maybe she’s busy practicing for the festival while I on the other thought that dancing is not for me so I dropped the class and enrolled myself on class about rapping and singing, I think I’m good at it; our trainer says so.

 

School Festival came and I am so excited for the week long activities with no classes. Minji, yes I call her Minji now and not Minzy; there’s a difference.  Minji was still the same, poker face, black from head to toe in clothing and accessories and earbuds on, always. She never acknowledge me after our talked and I’m fine with that not that we’re best friends now.

 

On the day of the friendly competition, I am hyped up with camera and video recorder; I’ll make sure she’s going to have a copy of her performance. Minji come out from the backstage in black; an Adidas, a snapback, fishnet stocking with some damages (circle rip shaped holes) but till looked stylish, short and a sports bra that only covered her chest part and a couple of inches below that still enable us to appreciate her abs and a stylish waistcoat which is ed; overall, she looked so amazing, badass with a hip-hop vibe.

 

I mentally screamed like a high school girl when she position herself in the middle of the stage, as soon as the first beat comes out, Minji froze. Eh? I thought her theme is Hiphop? Why it is a soft melody is what I’m hearing? Am I deaf? No. I don’t think so.

 

Despite her face facing the ground, I can still see a frown forming on her face then out of nowhere loud laughed was heard. That caught our attention and of course, what do you expect to the antagonist of this story. Surprise, surprise it’s Choi Hyemi; the forever insecure of Minji’s unremarkable dance moves.

 

I was about to approach the sound system coordinator when Minji started to move, she took her waistcoat off, sneakers, snapback leaving her only in her sports bra, short, fishnet stocking and her stunning red-ish hair, she stood proud.

 

Ten seconds gone to waste, she started to move together with the soft music playing, she’s moving like a ballerina on a recital; dance interpreting and her face showed the appropriate emotion. I am stunned, her gracefulness and swift move with her hair following her turns, she’s amazing, mesmerizing. Hyemi looked stunned and frustrated though, Ha!

 

As soon as she did her ending pose, I lead the crowd on cheering and throwing praises to the extent that I keep shouting ‘Bravo, Bravo’ repeatedly, Hey! That’s how they praise ballerina in a recital.


 

Minji.

 

That . I really hope our path won’t meet because if it did, I don’t know what I might to do her; she don’t know what I’m capable of but boy look how fate works. I’m peacefully eating at the cafeteria when she came in together with her minions; the fate want me to do something and I won’t disappoint you Mr. Fate.

 

As soon as the unlucky souls settled on their usual spot, I stood up, grab my things and the plate that I just used. Boy oh boy. This is going to be fun!!

 

The unlucky souls is busy making noises like a retard they are when one of the soon-to-be-punish souls notice her advancing towards them. The unlucky soul one nudged their super mega unlucky soul queen, Hyemi the super mega unlucky soul just stared at her while she walked. Minji smirked when she saw fear passed on their face.

 

“Ugly , what brought you here?” The best actress who’s acting brave asked her, taunting.

 

“Do the prize from that competition is not enough for a beggar like you?”

 

“What an ugly black duck you are”

 

“Speak up, you peasant!!”

 

Minji smiled, a genuine one which surprises the unlucky souls. “If you expect me stoop down with your level and exchange some insulting words then DREAM ON, cursing you in my mind is a sin already and saying it out loud make me an unhuman like you” They stiffened, “Want to know why?” They didn’t make a move, “Because a normal human being don’t go around destroying another human beings”

 

Minji smirked, “I pity you girls. You all looked pathetic” Hyemi tries to get up from her seat but stopped when Minji held a hand. “You judged and criticized me. Do you girls even know me? Bet you don’t” Minji wiggled her eyebrows, getting amused by the situation, “You’re not confident enough in what you have because true confidence leaves no room for jealousy when you know you’re great, you have no need to hate” Minji smile widened when they lowered they’re gaze, I hit something.

 

The unlucky souls looked dejected right now, poor them. Minji stepped forward, plate in hand and they winced. What a bunch of puppy, Psh; she hand over the plate to Hyemi which she took hesitantly.

 

“Now, I’m asking you to cooperate with my little demonstration. I’m not going to hurt you using that plate, please have mercy on the plate and besides I’m not giving you an option to say no” They just listen to her words, good. “Now, throw the plate on the ground, little girl”

 

Hyemi looked at her, surprised. “Throw it”

 

“O-okay” a loud shattering sound was heard. “Do-done”

 

“Did it break?”

 

Hyemi looked at her again, surprised. Is her calm voice surprising? Or is my question sound stupid? “Answer me!”

 

“Yes”

 

“Now, say sorry to it”

 

She obliged, “So-sorry”

 

“Did it go back to the way it is before?”

 

They shook their heads as Hyemi meekly answered, “No”

 

“Do you understand?” Silence “Judging a person doesn’t define who they are but who you are. The thing is, you judged them, broke their self-confidence and maybe even their self-respect. You can apologize million time but that doesn’t mean you can change the fact that your words leave a scar into them. Do you know one of the famous phrase? Words can be forgiven but not forgotten and I bet all the things I told now, you’re not going to forget this easily.”

 

She turned her back on them and started to walk away but a confrontation is not thrilling for her if she didn’t drop a remarkable words, stopping from her track she looked back, smug. “A lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinion of a sheep”

 

So, who says she’s bothered with their harsh words? Psh. Phu-leaseee. Not trying to be cocky here but y mom told me that haters don’t really hate you. In fact the hate themselves because you’re a reflection of what they wish to be. Arrogant? Maybe. Who cares anyway, as long as my action won’t hurt anyone then I’m good, right?

 

With a smile plastered on my face, I gracefully walked out from the school grounds and went to the Porsche waiting for me. “Where to young lady?”

 

“To the mansion please”

 

Oh, did I forgot to mention that I’m the only daughter of the richest man on Korea? That I’m a heiress? Oh, I did. Oh, well. Sorry for that, didn’t mean to leave such important information because I prefer to stay low key, leave people clueless and let them assume what they want.

 

Why they don’t know me? Let just say that I want to live on my own, to be an ordinary student who doesn’t want a spotlight and friends based on how much money I have on my bank account. I’m low key, remember?

 

Her car sped off leaving the students to talk about her again, what’s new. She love people who gossip behind her back because that’s exactly where they belong, BEHIND HER BACK.


 

  • Liberty: The power of choice or to choose what you want to.

 

Quote of the story:

“Before you run your mouth on someone, run by a mirror and discuss who you see”


 

Author’s Note: Forgive me if the story is lame. I wrote the draft with me lack of sleep and in the middle of killing those mosquitoes that want to have a taste of me, I know I’m delicious but damn. HAHAHAHAHA !! THANK YOU SO MUCH for reading, see you.

P.S: PLEASE !! Just pretend that you like the story.

P.P.S: Don’t forget to leave a comment and UPVOTE HERE :)

 

So why JUDGE??

 

 

- YukiNashreen 02/07/15