The Start

The Way It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was one reason Bomi seeing us was worse than anyone else seeing us. Here we were, bambi on his knees with tears in his eyes, me, looking mortified and ready to run away, and she just stood there and smiled. She smiled. As if there could possibly be a reasonable explanation to this situation. 

“Looks like we interrupted something.” The friend she was with said. 

“It’s not what you think!” I began to protest, and the fact that she just kept smiling bugged me so much. 

“I don’t think anything, Eunji! You don’t need to explain your personal business to me.” God, where was the flaw in this girl? 

“You can explain it to me.” Her friend raised her hand. 

“Namjoo, hush. It’s not our business, and we should leave them alone.” Is this how she got all of her information? The simple idea that she didn’t want to know made me want to tell her every single detail. It was like Bomi’s approval was suddenly way more important than anything. I was in a weird state of panic that I had never felt before. Dammit Bomi, how dare you play mind games and intrude on me like that. I pulled Sehun up out of his kneel, and grabbed him by the neck. 

“This little twerp was asking me to help him get the spotlight off of him so I could get ridiculed in his place!” I was way too eager to get that out. I didn’t even know what Bomi was thinking about what she saw, but I sure as hell wanted to correct whatever it was she thought. I still don’t know why. Maybe Bomi is secretly a mutant, and her power involves hailing complete control over everyone and everything. 

“Are you going to?”  Bomi asked, calmly. Hell, I don’t even think the girl blinked. 

“No! He asked me to take a picture up someone’s skirt!” 

“I’ll volunteer if you get it to the right people.” Namjoo said nonchalantly. And again, maybe Bomi was incredibly tolerant of people who were the exact opposite of her. 

“Well, at least you tried, Sehun.” Bomi said before declaring that she and Namjoo were shopping around for new schoolbags, and asking if I would like to join them. I got the hell out of that coffee shop faster than I would have had I murdered the owner. I didn’t look back either. I learned at a very early age that if you’re trying to abandon a puppy, looking back will only make you want to go back and get it. I am not giving in to a psychopath. 

“So, you’re not going to help that kid?” Namjoo asked as she held up different dresses to her body. I don’t know what they intended to be doing today, but I’m pretty sure neither of them even touched a bag throughout the hour that we had been roaming around. 

“No. Why would I? I don’t exactly enjoy false rumors and tasteless jokes.” Bomi had gone to the fitting room, leaving Namjoo and I to awkwardly converse in the main store. 

“Mm. I see. Hey, you’re into chicks right? Which one?” She asked, holding both dresses up. I guess she could tell by my face that I was very close to slapping her and having her pay for store damage. “Hey, you said tasteless jokes. That wasn’t tasteless. Comedy is all about timing, I delivered it well. But seriously, which one.” 

“The one on the left says ‘$100 for a night’, and the one on the right says ‘take me I’m free’” I said, honestly. Nothing wrong with wanting to go for those looks or anything, but to look happy when someone commented that is a bit bizarre. She eventually put back the dress that had been on the right, and made me follow her to the fitting room. 

“You’re not getting anything?” Namjoo said, looking at my empty hands.

“I don’t think Eunji’s the type to party.” Bomi said, as she walked out with her pile of outfits. 

“That’s a shame.” Namjoo said, walking into a room. “This could be your chance to set straight.” 

“How do you mean?” I raised my voice so she could hear me while trying on the red sequined number. 

“Well, think about it, a bunch of drunk, boys looking for anything breathing to poke. Go, hook up, bam, you’re clean.” It was either stupid, or ing brilliant. 

“When is this party thing?” My interest was peaked, and I was quite alright with this plan. Bomi looked at her watch. 

“3 hours.” She said, looking over her outfits for the last time. 

“That’s enough time to get you to look sort of hot, right, Mi?” Namjoo thought aloud as she checked herself out in the large mirror outside of her room. I honestly could not tell if I liked Namjoo’s personality, or if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter