The Inception

The Way It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunday. It was already Sunday, and I feel like I should’ve snapped out of it by now. 

I don’t know when I became such a softie for pathetic sob stories, but here I found myself feeling incredibly guilty and sorry for Hun. I didn’t even focus on telling people about my bull because I know no one would care, but here I am worrying about something that has nothing to do with me. 

I tossed and turned so much last night, I’m pretty sure I had huge dark circles. I’m positive I wasn’t worried nearly as much about Hun as I was about myself, and why I cared so much about someone who was basically a stranger. Why I cared so much about anyone, really. 

It’s an array of emotions I’m not prepared to deal with, and I ing hate it. 

Signing off, 

a slightly insane Ji. 

My poor laptop was going to break soon, since I had been slamming it so often since yesterday. I was driving myself crazy, wondering why I was suddenly so keen on contacting people. I had held my phone in my hand all day yesterday, hoping that for some reason Bomi would want to drag me shopping, or nosy Namjoo would call me asking if anything happened. Of course, I would act annoyed as hell, but I just felt like I couldn’t be by myself. I even loomed around Jihoon, and acted like he was looming around me so I could be openly annoyed. It worked, and I got lectured about being a brat by my mother, and how I should be grateful, and the works, and everything should’ve been normal, but nothing explained why Sehun was still on my mind. I had enough, and I decided that in scientific interest, I had to spend time with him to remind myself that he meant nothing to me. 

It was 6PM on a Sunday evening, and he should have been having dinner with his family, but part of me knew that he had barely seen his folks all weekend. I dialed Luhan’s number and paced around my room while it rang.
“Eunji?” He asked, just as surprised as I expected him to be. 

“Oh, , I think I called you by accident.” I said, trying my best to sound as sincerely annoyed as I possibly could. It must’ve worked, because he was silent. 

“Bye then?” He said, after a few moments, probably wondering why I hadn’t hung up yet. 

“Wait!” I exclaimed, cursing myself right after for sounding so eager. , Eunji, can’t you do anything right this weekend? “Now that you’re here, conveniently, uh, would you happen to know if Sehun’s busy? I washed his stupid clothes and they’re taking up too much room, and I sure as hell don’t want to give them to him tomorrow, y’know, because they’ll take up a bunch of room in my bag and I don’t need it to be any heavier.” If it wasn’t already apparent that I was nervous for god knows what reason, it was obvious now. I probably spoke that at twice my normal speaking pace, and I brought my palm to my face upon hearing him chuckle on the other line. 

“Okay, right.” He continued laughing and I tried not to say anything that sounded too defensive. “I was just at his place a few minutes ago before I got dragged away by my parents. He’s alone, if you were wondering.” 

“That wasn’t what-“

“And he hasn’t had dinner yet. So I’d call him before he heats anything up.” He said, and I could basically hear the smirk painted all over his stupid ing face. 

“Whatever.” I said before I hung up. I was feeling nervous all over again. And I ing hated it. 

I paced my room, practicing how I would say his name in a perfectly disinterested manner. After maybe a minute of acting like a complete psycho, I called him. I was way more impatient than I needed to me while I waited. 

“Hello?” He answered, and I could already tell he was twice as confused as Luhan. 

“I washed your clothes.” I blurted out, completely forgetting that entire minute of rehearsal. 

“Thanks?” He stated, having it come out as a question. 

“So. Come get them.” I said, regaining my composure. “Now. Hurry, I’m tired of trying to find a place for them.”

“This is really short notice, Eunji.” 

“What the hell was one of our rules? You listen to me! Just come get your stupid clothes!” I hung up and threw my phone at my bed. My cheeks were probably a deep shade of red, and I don’t remember ever feeling like I had a ing fever because of a phone call. I combed out my hair, and slowly strutted out of my room and walked down the stairs. 

“Hey ma, I have a friend coming over for dinner. Is that okay?” I said, casually taking a water out of the fridge. She looked at me in utter shock, and I guess that was indicative of how strange my behavior was today. 

“Sure. That’s great! Will it be Namjoo or Bomi joining us?” She asked as she went back to cutting her vegetables. 

“Uh, it’s a friend named Sehun.” I said, slowly fiddling with the cap in my hands. 

“That’s a strange name for a girl.” She said, handing me a carrot. 

“That’s because he’s a boy.” I took the carrot in my mouth and retreated to the living room. I noticed Jihoon sitting down, watching some variety show and chuckling by himself. I plopped myself on the same couch, but far away enough so he wouldn’t think I was deliberately joining him. Maybe it was because I sat on these couches like once a year, but , these were comfortable. Jihoon noticed my shifting, and stared at me. 

“What, freak?” I said, focusing my attention on the television. 

“You’re out of your room?” 

“Oh, shut up and watch your stupid show.” I muttered, and I tried not to punch t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter