The Pre Date

The Way It Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Man the up, Eunji. 

It had taken hours and hours to come to this conclusion, but I was ing sick of the confusion, and I needed to put to rest some of my doubt. I needed to find out whether or not I actually liked this kid. I needed to set feelings straight, and I needed to decide if I was going insane, or if I was becoming slightly more human. 

I had been quiet these last few days, and believe me, everyone took notice. I think everyone was just too afraid of the backlash of pissing me off even further that was sure to come if they commented on it. Even Luhan, who held absolutely nothing back, didn’t look at me for too long. I don’t know how much of a toll on me this rise to emotional responsibility and variety was taking on me, but I was losing a hell of a lot of sleep, and I bet anything that I looked ing terrifying. We were eating silently, for the fourth day in a row, but I swear it felt like we had been doing this for an eternity. I cleared my throat and everyone looked up at me, surprised. It’s funny, saying everyone as if we’re now a collective group; I hadn’t noticed when I had begun considering them that. 

“So, what are we doing tonight.” I asked, pushing my food around and avoiding eye contact. I could see them looking around at each other through the corner of my eye. 

“Did you want to do something?” Bomi asked, her voice soft, as if she was speaking to a child who just got told that his puppy’s guts were sprayed all over the street. 

“I mean, it’s Friday. We usually have something to do on Fridays, don’t we.” I said, trying to make my voice sound collected. Truthfully, I was nervous. 

“Well, I for one am not in the mood for another major hangover, so a party is out of the question.” Namjoo commented, and I was glad that at least she was being her normal self.

“We should go watch a movie or something.” I shrugged, and looked up to see everyone staring at me. 

“You like movies?” Luhan asked, staring at me as if I had said something weird. 

“I’m a ing human being, aren't I?” I glared at him, and he put his hands up, faking surrender. 

“Is there anything good playing?” Namjoo asked, taking the food that I obviously didn’t want out of my tray. 

“There’s that really cool-“ Luhan began to speak, but I cut him off. 

“I want to watch Magic in the Moonlight.” I said, without hesitation and looking straight ahead. Luhan chuckled. 

“So the spawn of satan not only likes movies, but Woody Allen no less.” No one else seemed to be amused, but surprised that after four days of silence, I was speaking, but still not back to normal. 

“Alright.” Bomi nodded, “Is everyone good with this?” Namjoo and Luhan agreed almost immediately after she asked, and I looked over at Sehun. He looked back at me and I suddenly got that stupid nervous feeling again. He looked towards Bomi and nodded. Inwardly, I sighed out of relief and the first part of my plan was complete. I looked at my watch and began getting up. 

“Bomi, don’t you have to go ask the English teacher some questions? I mean, you and I were both confused about the same topic, right?” I got up and Bomi was quick to catch on, nodding and hitting herself on the head as if she had forgotten. 

“You’re right, I almost forgot. Namjoo, care to tag along?” I’m fairly sure it took all of Namjoo’s willpower not to call me out on my bull, but she settled for smirking at me and nodding. She made sure to wave at both Luhan and Sehun, but she prolonged her wave to Sehun and began to chuckle. I maintained a steady pace out of the cafeteria, with my posture perfect and my arms crossed, but as soon as we were out of sight, I sprinted straight down the hallway. 

“Has she gone insane?” Namjoo asked when she and Bomi finally caught up to me as I banged my head against one of the hallway windows. 

“Eunji,” Bomi said, and she’s shown concern for me before, but her tone of voice and the look on her face made it seemed like she legitimately feared for my safety, “are you okay?” 

“I need you two to do me a huge favor. And if you say yes, the condition is you shut the up about it and act like nothing ever happened.” I said as I rested my head against the window. I’m glad we were alone and no one was there to see that little display of my decline to absolute insanity. 

“Thanks for not directing that only to me this time.” Namjoo said as she pat my head. 

“Firstly, I hate you,” I glared at Namjoo and she nodded and shrugged, “and secondly… I need you guys not to show up to the movie tonight. And somehow convince Luhan not to go either.” 

I tried desperately not to look at either of them, because I knew the only thing that would be waiting for me in response would be smirks and “I knew it” faces that I wasn’t ke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter