Girls' talk. Boys' talk.

I AM WHATCHING U

SHIN HYEJEONG’S POV

Jimin stares at the ceiling of our bedroom with eyebrows frowned in concern. She is not a type of person who would get easily influenced by something so seeing her deep in thoughts made me wonder if everything is alright. Her oversized t-shirt that she uses as her pyjamas rolled slightly up exposing her red but she doesn’t seem to care.

‘Hey, is that a suggestion?’, I whisper playfully leaning forward and trailing my hand from her hip towards the waistband of the said .

‘ off, Hyejeong. Not in mood’, groans Jimin snapping my hand away. I pout to show how displeased I am. She chuckles quietly before running her slender fingers through my long hair.

‘Can’t get enough of the mothering top madam, huh?’, she shifts into sitting position with a sigh. Her head is resting against the wall. My concern is even bigger than before. Jimin NEVER. EVER. Ignores my teasing.

‘what’s wrong?’, I ask standing up to get a bottle of wine from the fridge hoping that the alcohol will help her relax. Despite the fact that I know this cocky, crazy girl for so long I still have problems with reading her intentions basing on facial expression. She is a mystery to be honest. Like Cat Woman. I feel her stare fixed on my new fuchsia underwear set. I bought it just for her. She loves me in fuchsia.

‘the case’, she finally replies putting on her glasses and reaching for a pile of papers that the left on the nightstand earlier today ‘Wu Yifan’s case’

I pour the wine to the glasses ‘The kidnapper?’, I ask turning around to hand Jimin one of the glasses. She nods before taking a sip of the red liquid.

‘You may think that I’ve lost my mind but I think that I can win this case’, short bold laugh escapes from my lips and I receive a killing glare from my partner.

‘I’m your assistant, Jimin. I saw his files. There is no way you can defend him. Everything is just too obvious. There is nothing you can take advantage of’, I say in serious tone. I know that Jimin is good in what she does but defending a clearly guilty man is not only impossible but also illegal. Jimin’s smirk takes me off guard.

‘There is one thing’, I playfully hit her arm. Damn Sherlock smile.

‘What is it?’, I shrug not taking it too serious. Nobody can win all the time. Even my awfully smart and witty Shin Jimin. That’s how our world works. No matter how confident and determinate we are there are times when we just have to rise up our hands. But unfortunately for her my female Napoleon is just about to attack Waterloo.

‘That’s Luhan’ she finally says with triumph glistering in her eyes although I’m still unable to get it.

DETECTIVE JINKI’S POV

This is the first time I see the boy that I’ve been looking for so long in person. It feels so strange. Like I didn’t believe that he actually exists. He clears his throat to make the atmosphere less awkward but we both know that this talk is not going to be easy. Too many things happened between the time his photo from my file was taken till this day. That boy from that time is surly not the one that is sitting on the hospital bed in front of me. It’s always like this. At first officer Song wanted to make the interview herself but I insisted that she should leave this to me. At least that was something I could do.

‘Hi, Luhan’, I say casually sitting on the chair beside his bed. He greets me shortly then focuses on his game. He has been playing on his PSP since before I came in. I would like to ask him to put it down but it hasn’t been long ago since he woke up so it was better to let him do as he pleases. I was glad he agreed for me to come. The interview done at the first day is always the most important one.

‘What are you playing?’, I ask trying to peek at the screen of his PSP.

‘Alice’, he replies with his eyes fixed on the game. I pick up the packaging of the game to read the description on the back.

‘Isn’t that for girls?’, I ask looking at the main character dressed in red Lolita dress.

‘It’s not’, I put the packaging back.

‘If you say so… never mind. You look really healthy’, my words sounds so terribly stupid that I want to bite my tongue off. Luhan gives me a quick look.

‘He takes good care of me’, I raise an eyebrow.

‘You know who’, he replies throwing his PSP aside.

‘Damn it! I’m done with this game. Give me ‘Age of Zombies’’ he groaned kicking the bed sheets and I obediently handed him the plastic box.

‘Don’t you want car races?’ I ask looking through the pile of games. Car races were always my personal favorites when it comes to games. I still remember playing in my friend’s house after school and lying to my mum that I’m studying at the library. Maybe that’s why I nearly failed Biology? Probably. But all in all car races were the biggest trend of my generation and everybody wanted to prove themselves on every house party. I have to admit that I was pretty good. I was a damn excellent.

‘That’s for kids’, excuse me?! Has he just offended my wonderful car races? In normal situation I would argue about that but now Luhan needs to be treated in a special way.

Luhan loads the zombie game and I decide to ask a question before he’ll be too busy saving our planet from complete destruction.

‘How did you end up in his house?’ I ask while he is choosing his weapons.

‘Unimportant’ I sigh. I’ve met few boys and girls that have been kidnapped and there were only two types of them. Type A was too scared to talk and was feeling disgusted while looking at themselves in the mirror. They were totally broken by the kidnapper and it was hard to get anything from them. Later on they had huge problems to adjust to their everyday reality including school and social life. Type B was a fighter. They were ready to cooperate with the police and they used to provide detailed information in order to fight for they justice. Luhan is neither of them and that makes me totally confused.

‘Is there anything you want me to know?’, I can’t come up with anything better right now.

‘No’, he replies shortly. Thank god that I’m patient.

‘Luhan, you were kidnapped. It’s a big deal. You have to talk about it’ I try to encourage the boy who is more in the Zomblieland than in the hospital right now.

‘No, I don’t’, I feel like I’m going to cry in frustration. Why is he making everything so difficult. He sighs and puts his game away. Finally he makes an eye contact with me but I can’t see any particular emotion on his face. Maybe boredom. Maybe. He looks at me as if what he wants to say is the most obvious thing in the entire universe.

‘Because I wasn’t kidnapped. That’s why’ 

 

 

 

Oh my god, guys. I’m so so so so very sorry for my awful delay. It’s been nearly an eternity since I’ve updated. I hope it was worth waiting. As you see new characters appeared on the stage of our show. Shin Jimin, who is Kris’ advocate and her charming assistant Hyejeong. Please leave a comment below. Love you ~