Chinese

I AM WHATCHING U

KRIS’ POV

Police. Knocking to my door. What the hell?! I look at Luhan who is writing something at the piece of paper. He looks tired because of the attack that he had just a few hours ago.

‘What are you doing, baby?’ I ask peeking over his shoulder. He turns around to face me and smiles lightly.

‘Nothing special. I just want to organize my memories. I’m collecting information about people that surrounded me in the past and every time I remember something about them I write it down’ he shows me the paper with a table on it ‘You see? This is Suho. He used to attend to the piano classes with me and then we went together to high school. This is Kris- Suho’s friend’ I flinch a little when I hear my real name ‘He is from China like me but that’s all I remember about him. He and Suho were very close. Then here is Chen. He was always making fun of me but we were great buddies. And that guy’s name is Taemin. He was a captain of our soccer team’ He did everything wrong. He made Suho and ‘real’ Sehun one person, Taemin was terrible at soccer. He mashed him up with Minho. Also he and Chan weren’t close. The boy that he remembered was Lay. I just pat his shoulder and go out of the room. The knocking is becoming annoying.

‘Wait here, dear. I’ll go and check’, I assure Luhan smiling gently. He nods and continues making notes. I make my way to the kitchen. I my shirt and ruffle my hair. I bent over the sink to splash some water on my forehead and torso to create an illusion of sweating. I have to look like I’ve just gotten out of the bed after the night on the party. I take a big breath and open the door.

A woman in police uniform is standing in the doorframe. She is young. Her long, brownish hair are bent into a high ponytail. Above the chest pocket there is a name: ‘Song Victoria’. A man beside her is smiling dumbly. He looks ridiculous in a violet long sleeved shirt and a horrible scarlet bowtie.

‘I am officer Victoria Song. We came here because of the rumours about you that are being spread around the neighbourhood. We would like to ask you a few questions may we come in?’ I glare at her with annoyance. Maybe I managed to create an image of a pissed macho guy but I can clearly hear my heart pounding against my ribcage with enormous power.

‘Isn’t it against the law to go inside my house without a permission of the court? I have no idea what those people are saying about me but I strongly advise you to live me alone. I’m really busy at the moment so may I excuse you’  I slam the door in front of the visitors and walk back to the living room.

‘What the hell was that?’ asks Luhan turning his head in my direction ‘you can’t act like this in front of the police’ he scolds me.

‘I know’ I respond scratching the back of my head ‘but our neighbours tried to convince them that I’m selling drugs or something. You know... Koreans are really nice and stuff but they can be a little racist when it comes to Chinese people. At first when I moved here nobody wanted to talk with me. I think you know this feeling yourself’ I sigh and frown at boy’s strange expression.

‘What’s wrong, sweetheart?’ I ask trying to brush my fingers through his hair but Luhan catches my wrist to stop the action.

‘Oh Sehun?’ It sounds more like a statement than a question. I beam at the sound of my full name. This feels so right.

 ‘But you aren’t Chinese’ he says in his perfect, Beijing Mandarin. I freeze. OH. MY. GOD. What have I done?!

‘What the hell is going on, Sehun? Or maybe you are not even Sehun? You are telling me nothing! Nothing! Who are you? I know only the things that I’ve heard from you and you could told me anything you wanted to!’ I try to get closer to him but he steps back.

‘I’ll explain everything. Just give me a chance’ I reply also in Chinese. I got caught. There is no need to act anymore.

‘Alright! ALRIGHT! So where are my parents?’ I’m surprised. He is not scared. He is furious. And I’m helpless. This situation got me off guard.

‘Answer me, Se... No. You’re not Sehun. You’re a stranger’ He’s hurting me. With every word. With every glare.

‘Luhan, stop. You’re tired’ I say gently. He shrugs.

‘I’m not tired, ok? Answer me. Now!’

‘Trust me, Xiao Lu, please’ I whisper in the act of despair.

‘I’m sick of trusting you!’

‘They are not here’ I reply.

‘I already noticed it’

‘You want to know the truth?’ I say bitterly. He nods. I grab his wrist and pull him downstairs.

‘What?! Wait!’ Luhan yells as we reach the basement door. I push him inside and open the wardrobe doors. Hundreds of photos falls out filling the floor. Luhan covers his mouth in shock staring at the pictures of himself going to school, playing the piano, watering plants, eating breakfast, doing homework, shopping.

‘This is it, Xi Luhan. I love you more than anyone ever did. My name is Wu Yifan but you knew me as Kris. I know that it’s selfish but I took you for myself. I’m sorry’ I mumble. I crouch to pick up one of the photos. Luhan watching TV.

‘How could you do this to me!! I trusted you! I really did!’ He says, tears of anger appearing in the corners of his eyes. In the next second I feel hot pain on my left cheek. And then another wave of unpleasant feeling on my jaw. Luhan is hitting me. A hard punch on the stomach and I find myself kneeing on the floor. I see Luhan running upstairs like through the fog.

Where are you going, Luhan?

Stay.

Or I will make you.

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry that my update is so late. I'm really sorry because it's not even long... Video Game Luhan decided to be independent. Kris is unusually helpless and his heart aches like crazy. We suddenly came back to the point where we started this story. Luhan is feeling kidnaped again. What will detective Jinki and officer Song do? Comments demanded!!!