I swear

I AM WHATCHING U

SUHO’S POV

Luhan’s parents are sitting beside his bed. His mother looks a lot older than she actually is. Her eyes are red and swollen due to crying. She is holding Luhan’s lifeless hand and it with her thumb. Mr. Xi watches his son from a distance. He looks tired. Maybe worried too but mostly tired. I exchange looks with Sehun. His face is blank. He still can’t believe that Luhan is finally found. Some time earlier officer Victoria Song stopped by to tell me that I’m a hero. I don’t feel like one. I could have noticed it earlier. I went inside the house where Luhan had been locked and just went out without him. How could I’ve been so blind?

The doctor comes inside. He’s been running tests since morning and now he finally came to announce the results. Mrs. Xi gets up rapidly making Luhan’s hand lift up only to hang down from the edge of the bed.

“So… Is he ok?” she asks immediately. The doctor looks at all of us with a strange expression.

“Well… He is surprisingly… fine’ he admits to everyone’s disbelief ‘He has been receiving good meals, his clothes were brand new, and he was clean like he has been taking shower every day. Moreover his skin is in good condition which means he wasn’t locked in a basement of some sort. No signs of handcuffs or ropes on his wrists’ the doctor hesitates for a second ‘I know that you were against it, Mr. Xi but I also checked Luhan’s private areas’ I take a quick glance at Mr. Xi. His hands are clenched into fists and he frowns sternly ‘I’m sorry to tell you that he had a ual contact with the captor. More than once’ Mr. Xi stands up and glares at the doctor.

‘You’re lying’  he says firmly.

‘I’m not, sir’ replies the doctor.

‘Listen, Mr. Whoever! I don’t give a damn about your tests. My son… My son… It’s ridiculous! Who do you think you are! How dare to say things like this about my son?!’ Mrs. Xi tries to calm her husband down but his face is becoming more and more red. He comes closer to the other man and grabs him by his collar.

‘Sir, let me finish’ says the doctor calmly.

‘I don’t want you to be in charge of my son’s case anymore. Send here another doctor. If I see you again I swear that I’ll …’

‘LET HIM FINISH!’ to my surprise Sehun is the one that makes everyone stop and look at him ‘Please, continue’ he says to the doctor. Mr. Xi lets go and takes a few steps back. The doctor fixes his shirt and looks at his notes.

‘The most odd part is that it never was a . Luhan was willing to interact with the captor’ Mr. Xi opens his mouth to say something but is stopped by a glare from Sehun ‘And about that bruises… I assume that Luhan was beaten only once. Just few minutes before the police’s arrival’ he looks at his watch ‘The detective will be here in a while to investigate Luhan so I have to wake him up. You are allowed to stay in during the investigation only when Luhan will say so’ He comes closer to Luhan’s bed and injects a yellow substance into his drip bag. When Luhan opens his eyes everyone immediately run towards the bed. The boy blinks few times and looks around with confusion. At first he do not know where he is or who we are. He focuses his vision on the doctor.

‘E-excuce me’ he asks weakly ‘Where am I-I?’ the doctor replies and Luhan nods his head slowly mumbling something like “oh, I see…”. I step back because with his mother his hair his father talking some bull and Sehun holding his hand Luhan is overwhelmed with attention.

‘Mum’ Luhan finally spots her ‘I died?’ his mother smiles warmly.

‘No, honey. Like the doctor said, you’re in the hospital. One nice man wants to talk with you about what happened. Do you want us to stay?’ she says in this special way that women usually talk to little kids.  

‘Where is Sehun?’ he asks ignoring her question. He lifts himself on elbows and looks around desperately. His look passed by Sehun at least two times but he seems like not noticing him ‘I asked where is Sehun’ he says thinking that we didn’t hear.

‘I’m here’ replies Sehun getting up from his chair. Luhan gives him a stern look.

‘Stop joking. That’s not funny at all. And who are you by the way?’ everybody look at each other. What is going on?

‘Don’t you remember me? I’m Oh Sehun. Your best friend’ he says with breaking voice. Luhan rises an eyebrow.

‘No. I don’t remember you. Not at all. And you simply can’t be Oh Sehun’ he says crossing his arms on his chest. 

‘Why can’t I?’ he asks like a child who is not allowed to take part in a game.

‘Because I already know one Oh Sehun. Please, go away’ Sehun is shocked. He opens and closes his mouth trying to say something. Finally he manages to mumble ‘if that’s what you want’ and he goes out slamming the door. Everybody (including the doctor) are silent. I stand up wanting to find Sehun before he’ll do something stupid.

‘Where are you going, Suho? I want you to stay’ Luhan says slightly offended.

‘I’m sorry. I just have to go to the rest room’ I quickly walk out and look around searching for familiar blonde. I spot him waiting for a lift. I run to him.

‘Wait, where are you going?’ I walk with him inside the lift.

‘I’m going to kill him. That guy. I swear. You’ve seen what he did to Luhan? Some kind of brainwash or I don’t know. Everything is so ed up! I’ll find him and kill him. I will’ he says while tears begins to stream down his face. 

 

 

Hello there! I know that this chapter is short but I just wanted you to know how Luhan is doing. Big news for French readers! The story has been translated. Now it's available also in French! You can find it here: https://www.fanfic-fr.net/fanfics/Musique/E/EXO/I-Am-Watching-U/70392.html (thanks to Saikopath the translator) I encaurage you to translatearrow-10x10.png the story into your own languages if you like it (but please, inform me first) :) Comments demanded! Poor real Sehun :(