Questions

Closer to Humans

 

 

day 7

Yesterday was a day well spent for the girl. She had always wanted to snipe away that bunch of hair covering his eyes, and yesterday was the perfect time to. She placed another spoonful of rice into as he stuffed a handful into his mouth. He could have used the spoon, but it's easier for him with his hands, and she knows. They're having breakfast, on a table. Although he was squating on the chair instead of sitting, she's still happy with the progress he had made.

She don't know what a boy would be doing in a forest, for so many years, but she's determined to find out. Making him open up to her is the very first step, and she's trying her best to make him know that they can be friends. She had even packed some food in a lunch box for him to bring back to his friend.

His gun shot injury had healed fast, although it still hurt if he extert too much strength using his left hand and shoulder. He can now do simple things with his left hand, like lifting it up, and walking around without hurting it. After spending a whole day with the girl yesterday, he had learnt how to do a few things that he used to do everyday. He could now do things like washing his hands, combing his hair and brushing his teeth. 

When the clock strucked 9, he set off home, back to the cave where his friend was still waiting. He had not seen him for 2 days now, the longest they had ever been apart since he was seven. RyeoWook's his best friend, but he wondered if he could still regconise him after his big makeover. He took in a deep breath before entering the cave with a tiny bird he had just caught, in case RyeoWook's angry.

RyeoWook pounced on him the moment he took a step into the cave, he must have looked like an enemy to his friend. However, their little fight soon ended when RyeoWook realised that he had his friend's smell, mixed with something weird, known as shampoo to human. He released him from his grasp and stared. He stared back. RyeoWook still couldn't believe his eyes that his friend had changed so much.

They had a little renioun party with the food the girl packed for them and the wild boar RyeoWook caught last night. Of course, after sending the tiny bird back into the sky. After his big makeover, he wondered if RyeoWook feels like cleaning himself up too, if he want to have his hair trimmed too. He had never thought about how RyeoWook became a werewolf, why was he one? After living his whole life like this, he wondered if RyeoWook have ever thought about trying to live his life as a human being.

Was RyeoWook a normal human boy before he got cursed? Or was he cursed since birth? He wanted to ask, to clear his doubts and get an anwer to all his questions. Although the two boys can easily communicate with each other through their eyes, about what should they do now, about what they are feeling, but there's no way RyeoWook could tell such a story with just his eyes. Another reason why communication is very important.

After fininshing their meal, they spent their day playing around until they are exhuasted. RyeoWook was happily running all around scaring little animals, cheering that his friend had returned home safe and sound. He just stared and laughed at RyeoWook because his shoulder didn't allow him to move fast or do anything too violent.

How can I leave my best friend behind, on his own, so that I can enjoy life outside the forest by myself?

They had relied on each other for so many years, how can he leave once he got his wish fufilled? That would be inhamane of him. Well, he have to choose between being a humane beast or inhumane human. He lowered his head in guilt, RyeoWook had always been so nice to him, he's no different from a human being except that he turns into a werewolf at times. He had stopped him from attacking human for so many years, if he leaves, who will stop him? 

RyeoWook had never left him behind, he'll always remember him if there's anything good. He should return his kindness now, shouldn't he? That's when he decided, he'll bring his friend back to the girl, have him turned into a human too, they'll be happy together. 

He called out to RyeoWook and ran as fast as he can to him without hurting himself too much. He jumped onto RyeoWook's back and he carried him down to where the river flows. They always take turns to piggy back each other when they visit the river, and it happened to be RyeoWook's turn today. He got off his back when they reach the water and he gulped down fresh water to hydrate himself. RyeoWook did the same and after that, he dipped his face and hands into the water to wash himself.

They would visit the river once every week, to clean themselves, but apparently, the girl proved that they could have been much more cleaner. They would get their water from the morning drews or rains on the days that they don't visit the river. The river was also the place that they made friends with the lions. They were so tiny and cute back then, but now, they had became enemies that want them dead.

After finishing what they wanted to do in the river, they each retreated back to their own corner in the cave, to replenish their engery before another night of hunting arrives. He carefully positioned himself, so that he wouldn't worsen the condition of his injured shoulder. He could hear RyeoWook's peaceful breathing as he sleeps, he smiled, he'll bring this sound with him and his sister back into the city, they'll have a happy life living together as a family.

He then took out the tiny clip from his pocket. He had kept it with him ever since that day the girl placed it onto his hair. He stared at the clip and thought, maybe the girl can come with them. If she is still here that is, it would be really nice if the four of them can be together forever, the three people that he cared about the most, well, they're the only three he knows that are still alive.

But will she want to come with us?

He do not know if she would want to leave the forest. What if she have her own family to return to too? He sighed as he keep the clip safely back into his pocket, it's too early to worry about that now, there's still 8 days more before he'll be able to find his sister. Maybe the girl would have already left by then, he's worrying too much. He cleared his thoughts and closed his eyes to rest.

However, his peaceful sleeping time was disturbed by this weird feeling of uneasiness, a sense of fear. He did not know why he felt like that, but he wanted to know, he hated knowing nothing, or not being able to do anything about it. His heartbeat was unstable and he felt like something bad would happen soon. But what? Is it something to do with his sister? Or the girl? RyeoWook? The forest? The necklace? The hairclip? What?

Whatever it is, I hope it'll end up fine, please let this feeling go away.

But it'll happen, whatever that feeling was hinting, it will happen.