Realisation

Closer to Humans

 

 

day 13

The pebble skipped a few times before sinking. Another pebble was thrown in and yet another. KyuHyun stared blankly at the ripples created by the pebbles. If he don't stop soon, the river might be filled with pebbles instead of water. He spent the previous night outside, in the woods, he was not really prepared to see RyeoWook again. 

It was then he realised that the weird unsettling feeling he had for the past few days was not to hint that JinHye is his sister, but to hint the betrayal he was about to receive from RyeoWook. His father had always reminded him that the outside world is very competitive and cruel, that's why his parents had to train him strictly to prepare for the world full of lies. He thought life in the jungle would be different, but it's not. It's still full of lies, full of cruelty.

He heard the grass behind him ruslting, footsteps coming nearer and nearer. KyuHyun knew who it was, he used to be happy and excited whenever he hear him coming, but today, he's not. He's furious, enraged, fuming with anger, and anything that's in that range. He stood up, and walked off in the opposite direction from where the footsteps were coming from. He did not have the confidence to keep his hands to himself if they were to meet now, so he chose to turn away.

But RyeoWook didn't give up, he quickly caught up with KyuHyun and grabbed hold of his arm. RyeoWook held out something paper like and waited for KyuHyun to take it, but he didn't. Whatever it was, KyuHyun was not interested and refused to accept it. Without taking a single look at it, he pushed it away. Giving RyeoWook one last angry glare, he stormed off.

He can forgive RyeoWook for hurting him, for attacking innocent human, because when he did all those, he had no control over himself. But he can never forgive him for hurting his sister, and pretending nothing is wrong. He lived in a lie for so many years, lived in a lie his bestfriend created, and it was not something acceptable to him. He hadn't had food for more than 24 hours now, and he's famished, but he something else was bothering him more than his hungry stomach. He just walked and walked and walked. His legs hurt, but he didn't mind.

He didn't know where he was heading. He was lost, like literally lost. He had never been to this part of the forest, but he's not scared. It's so much better to be out here in unfamiliar places rather than familiar places that are filled with sad and unhappy memories. He looked up at the moon and sighed, he was betrayed by RyeoWook, and now the moon had to betray him too.

I wished to see my sister, but why? Why do you have to make it this way?

He remembered clearly how he had wished to the blue moon to allow him to see his sister again, but it's all impossible now. It's all ruined, he'll never be able to see CheonYi again. Clenching his teeth, he wanted to grab the blue moon from behind the white luminious moon and tear it into peices for breaking a promise. The promise he was looking forward to. It's all a myth, the blue moon couldn't make a wish come true, the cravings on the cave wall are all fake.

KyuHyun looked away from the moon, no matter how much he wish to destroy the blue moon, it was just going to be another wish left unfufilled. He sighed as he watched the big brown bear in the distance feed on a dead deer. His stomach growl in hunger, his mouth dry. He needed food, water, and sleep. Maybe he should go back to the house now. He should live well for his sister, CheonYi wouldn't want to see him like that. 

CheonYi was always a positive and cheerful child, whenever KyuHyun's sad about something, she would tell him to look at the bright side, and be optimistic about the situation. Unconciously, he smiled. His sister who would never fail to put a smile on his face, or maybe anyone's face. He had been living because of his sister for years, he's still alive because he was looking forward to seeing his sister again, even if it means years of jungle life.

Perhaps it's time to change, time to live for his sister instead. If she's here, she would persuade him to do stuffs that he like, do stuffs that he want to, help her finish the stuffs she couldn't finish. She wouldn't want him to waste his time here, in the wild, staring into space, doing nothing, giving up on himself, giving up on his own life. She would never approve of him wasting his precious life away. He should treasure the time he have and work towards his dreams before it's all too late.

The deer looked delicious, and the bear was enjoying it's meal. KyuHyun was hungry, but he had no dinner. A deer was once the perfect dinner for him, but now, it's not. He have discovered something tastier, something human eat. He stood up from his position and was about to turn away when he saw a female bear walking towards the brown bear. Following closely behind her, was a little baby cub. 

It was then that he remembered, it was the exact same bear he saw more than a week ago. The big bear that had almost became his dinner, and the once pregant female bear that stopped him from attacking them. The baby cub was the saviour of this family. KyuHyun didn't want to break up a family, especially a family of an unborn baby, so he left the brown bear unharmed. 

He recalled how he almost pounced onto the gigantic bear before the female bear came into the picture. The tip of his mouth went up when the two adult bears cuddled with each other, scratching backs for the other party, just like the first time he saw them. They were such a loving couple, and he envied them. He wanted to be part of a sweet couple too, just like the first time he saw them. 

J-just like the first time I saw them.

Memories of how he had wished that he could be a normal boy, with a normal girlfriend filled his mind. He was shocked by what he had just realised, never had he thought of the wish he made absentmindedly that night. Was that why the wish he made about his sister will not be fufilled? Was that the cause of all these troubles? He gulped, thinking about the terrible mistake he had accidentally made that night. 

The first wish he had made on the night of the blue moon was not to see his sister again, it was to be a normal boy. Still unable to recover from the shock, he used the tree beside him as a support. RyeoWook didn't betray him, the blue moon didn't betray him, he was betrayed by himself.